paxrivers raiders quit playing in calvert?

4mykids

It's going to be the same weight scale as Charles and Calvert. 65, 75, 85lb etc.

the chart i saw from calvert last year was more like 70--80--90 etc but i think charles county was 65--75--85. maybe theyre the same but just number the divisions different.

so have the clubs voted this in for sure?

Zguy28

the chart i saw from calvert last year was more like 70--80--90 etc but i think charles county was 65--75--85. maybe theyre the same but just number the divisions different.

so have the clubs voted this in for sure?
If you look on the Dunkirk Warriors site, they have the weights from 2009.

Football

You can see, even though the divisions say 70,80 etc, the weights actually went up to 75,85,etc last year.

That is the same as is being proposed for St. Mary's, and which is used in Charles.

Its posted on SMYFL's site as "proposed".

Tackle Football

As for whether or not its officially been voted on, I have no idea.

4mykids

would be nice if they would figure it out since registration is open. i have buddies that want to sign up to coach but the weight chart could change where there kids will play.

i guess the hornets thing is just rumour. i do see they are still on the smyfl site. i would hope there is at least 4 clubs in the league this year!

cant wait to see how the raiders stack up against braves!!!

hollywood33

would be nice if they would figure it out since registration is open. i have buddies that want to sign up to coach but the weight chart could change where there kids will play.

i guess the hornets thing is just rumour. i do see they are still on the smyfl site. i would hope there is at least 4 clubs in the league this year!

New year and all........but I know in the Braves very first (preseason) game they only lost 6-0 to the Dunkirk Warriors (whom also went undeafeted) which beat a couple Raiders teams in the process!

Area51

If you look on the Dunkirk Warriors site, they have the weights from 2009.

Football

You can see, even though the divisions say 70,80 etc, the weights actually went up to 75,85,etc last year.

That is the same as is being proposed for St. Mary's, and which is used in Charles.

Its posted on SMYFL's site as "proposed".

Tackle Football

As for whether or not its officially been voted on, I have no idea.

The age and weight chart was voted on by the board of presidents. The weight chart is the same as the weight chart that Calvert used last year with the exception of the Pee-Wee group. In this group 5 y/o will be allowed to play and the maxiumum weight for a 7 y/o will be reduced to 55 lbs. A 7 y/o cannot be a playbacker so there is no bump for 7 y/o.

Area51

At the board of presidents meeting the Hornets were included and represented. Not sure where the rumor came from???

Tripleh20659

Any idea when Pax River Raiders is going to post their weights/ages??? I don't think I would be fair if they all didn't line up.

Be careful to note the as of Birthday Date cutoff....SMYFL is July 31

Heard the Pax Rivers Raiders were going play with the date (June 1), which would allow kids to play down, creating an advantage for them.....coach's kids???

Area51

Any idea when Pax River Raiders is going to post their weights/ages??? I don't think I would be fair if they all didn't line up.

Heard the Pax Rivers Raiders were going play with the date (June 1), which would allow kids to play down, creating an advantage for them.....coach's kids???

The ages, age cutoff, and weights for all of those participating in the SMCRPYFL will be the same.

Practice is supposed to start July 19th so the cutoff date was moved to July 1 not June 1. Dont know why SMYFL didnt update the site yet.

Last edited:
F

footballnut101

Do you know for fact. Or are you going off rumor? Wondering where this came from

Zguy28

Its only March. Calm down folks, I'm sure some details are still being hammered out and things like age determinations will all be required to be the same in order to participate.

F

footballnut101

Its only March. Calm down folks, I'm sure some details are still being hammered out and things like age determinations will all be required to be the same in order to participate.

I agree I will be glad when football starts. I hadn't seen the update and didn't know it was finalized by P&R

Zguy28

Why didn't the Raiders just agree to play under St. Marys back in Sept? Not totally sure, but I believe it had something to do with paying for equipment.

Another reason? Raiders are Raiders. If we join St. Mary's we couldn't BE Raiders because SMYFL already has a Raiders. Furthermore we'd probably have to divide up the league into sub-teams to play against the SMYFL teams.
The Hollywood Blue Raiders are now the Leonardtown Wildcats.

Told ya that SMYFL is committed to making this work for the best and that we wanted the Pax River Raiders involved. :buddies: