Pediatrician in Calvert

Any recommendations for a pediatrician in Calvert (preferably near the hospital)? Or, any pediatricians that I should stay away from? I checked with my insurance company and there are several listed, but I don't know anything about them (I can't even pronounce their names :lol:).

E

Ernie

Dr. Bhargest Mehta is good. 410-535-5555. He is at 110 hospital Rd. in Prince Frederick.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Since you have time, why don't you set up consultations with several of them and see who you click with?

My daughter uses Schlager & Brooks has has been really happy with them, although they are not pediatricians.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Dr. Lukban at Dr. Silpa's practice. My kids have been going there for almost 8 years. You don't always see the same doctor or practitioner, but we haven't seen one yet we wouldn't recommend.

The only negative is that they do block appointment scheduling. They might have 10 people all come in at once, and it can take a long time to get to you.

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Speedy70 said:
Any recommendations for a pediatrician in Calvert (preferably near the hospital)? Or, any pediatricians that I should stay away from? I checked with my insurance company and there are several listed, but I don't know anything about them (I can't even pronounce their names :lol:).

Bayshore Pediatrics without hesitation. 410-535-5959. Literally, I trust them with the lives of my two girls.

ptbrien said:
Bayshore Pediatrics without hesitation. 410-535-5959. Literally, I trust them with the lives of my two girls.

Where are they located?

Nevermind, I just called them. They are accepting new patients and they accept our insurance. :yahoo:

I'll have to set up a 'meet and greet' with their doctors. :yay:

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Speedy70 said:
Where are they located?

Nevermind, I just called them. They are accepting new patients and they accept our insurance. :yahoo:

I'll have to set up a 'meet and greet' with their doctors. :yay:
Dr Hawitt in PF. we used him for my boy and was a great Dr, never any issues

Midnightrider said:
Dr Hawitt in PF. we used him for my boy and was a great Dr, never any issues

He's still around? :faint: My mom took me to him when I was younger. :lol: Is his office still in Huntingtown?

jennabanana

My girls go to his daughter's practice. It's in Dunkirk. Her name is Dr. Roula Hawit. We've been going there for almost 4 years, she's pretty good.

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
I also take my son to Dr. Brooks & Schlager (Calvert Family Practice). I have been taking my son there since he's been born and he's 10 now. I love Dr. Brooks. He's great with kids. Also you don't have to wait. If you're in the waiting room 10 minutes that's a long time. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

greyhound

Speedy70 said:

Speedy....Dr. Silpa is the best!!!!!!!!!!

crazywkidz3

My kids go to Bayshore ped as well. They like going there Dr. Sighn is their primary and they just enjoy seeing him. They have been wonderful even when you want to call and just ask a question, they are very honest, and they have sick visits from 5-7 which is just amazing. I live in st. mary's co and I've been going out there for the last 2 yrs, don't mind taking the ride b/c i know my kids will have good care. Good Luck, hope you find one you like.

Pediatrician in Calvert 03-31-2007 07:18 AM Haven't you noticed this question has already been asked more than once???

Well let's see idiot. The question has been asked numerous times and but all of the referrals are for doctors in ST MARY'S COUNTY. :dork: I want someone that is close to the Calvert Memorial hospital in CALVERT COUNTY. Pay attention Mr. Dumas.

STL_RAMS

Ernie said:
Dr. Bhargest Mehta is good. 410-535-5555. He is at 110 hospital Rd. in Prince Frederick.

I like him too. Never problems getting appointments the same day when baby is sick too! He just added another Dr to the practice and I like him too. Can't remember his name though.

MMDad

Lem Putt
STL_RAMS said:
I like him too. Never problems getting appointments the same day when baby is sick too! He just added another Dr to the practice and I like him too. Can't remember his name though.

Memories.. When my daughter was about three months old, she would get constipated. One time she hadn't pooped in 5 days and was colicky. Dr. Mehta was the on call pediatrician, and called us back to tell us what to do.

I got to tell my wife that she had to lube up her finger with vaseline and insert. When my wife asked why she had to do it, I told her that Dr. Mehta said "tell your wife to..."

:lol:

MMDad said:
Memories.. When my daughter was about three months old, she would get constipated. One time she hadn't pooped in 5 days and was colicky. Dr. Mehta was the on call pediatrician, and called us back to tell us what to do.

I got to tell my wife that she had to lube up her finger with vaseline and insert. When my wife asked why she had to do it, I told her that Dr. Mehta said "tell your wife to..."

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
We recently switch to Dr. Hawit and o my what a difference, we started out with Miller and then switched to Fahmi, which was a terrible experience, nice guy but dirty office and 2 hour waits were the norm. Now with Hawit appointments are right on time and it is never too crowded and the place is clean plus the staff is friendly.

AK-74me said:
We recently switch to Dr. Hawit and o my what a difference, we started out with Miller and then switched to Fahmi, which was a terrible experience, nice guy but dirty office and 2 hour waits were the norm. Now with Hawit appointments are right on time and it is never too crowded and the place is clean plus the staff is friendly.

That's good to hear. We ended up going with Dr. Chiu and Dr. Skolnick. We're pleased so far. :yay:

B

Bronwyn

MMDad said:
The only negative is that they do block appointment scheduling. They might have 10 people all come in at once, and it can take a long time to get to you.

That's a deal breaker for me. Dr. Fahmi used to do that and I would sit in the waiting room for over an hour for a five minute check up. Since then I have moved to Dr. Nasr in Lusby. So far so good.