peep-peep

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Cowgirl said:
Nacho, check your karma. I forgot to sign it...not that it'd be hard to figure out where it came from. :lol:

:lmao: Best part of the whole year? Partying after the fair closed. :cool:

Cowgirl

nachomama said:
:lmao: Best part of the whole year? Partying after the fair closed. :cool:

I was always really sad when the fair ended...:lol: We always played football in the ring at night.

Cowgirl

Dutch6 said:
Where can I buy local peeps to raise for eggs and meat?

Check the farmers market in Charlotte Hall...they usually have chicks for sale..or you can order online from a hatchery. They will mail the chicks to you. I like McMurray's .

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Oh by the way...... I live in California and was wondering if there is an ordinance against raising chickens in my back yard?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
nachomama said:
I was in 4-H. The first year we were on our farm, before I was even in 4-H, my dad got my brother and I a black angus market steer. We named it "Anggy". (OK, I was like 10). My brother and I raised it, knowing it was going to eventually go to market. Well, it went away and one night we were eating steak for dinner. What a treat.

Halfway through dinner, my dad says "Doesn't Anggy taste good?" My brother and I thought we were going to :barf:. After the initial shock wore off, we were pretty dang proud of what we raised. :lmao:
I've been to a couple houses in PA where they had cows tied up in the back yard like a dog.. no fence, no barn, just a tied up cow on about 20 feet of rope... raising him/ her for slaughter.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
itsbob said:
I've been to a couple houses in PA where they had cows tied up in the back yard like a dog.. no fence, no barn, just a tied up cow on about 20 feet of rope... raising him/ her for slaughter.
Chickens take up much less space and don't crap as much.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Dutch6 said:

Somehow, I can see Dutch now, driving down 235 hurling chicken poop out his window at cars passing by. :lmao:

Or, selling said chicken poop to DR so he can drive down 235 hurling chicken poop out his window at cars passing by. :jet:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
nachomama said:
Somehow, I can see Dutch now, driving down 235 hurling chicken poop out his window at cars passing by. :lmao:

Or, selling said chicken poop to DR so he can drive down 235 hurling chicken poop out his window at cars passing by. :jet:
It's a dirty business but someone has to do it! Will be on sale soon!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Dutch6 said:
If I hear one friggin rooster crowing BEFORE I'm ready to rise and shine in the a.m., I will hunt you down.

Here's the deal. I just called Animal Control. There is no ordinance against them. HOWEVER, if the chickens get out and get in other people's yards and cause problems, IF they crow at an ungodly hour and the neighbors complain, if you have a LARGE amount of chickens, there could be a problem. If you have some quiet, contained, well-behaved chickens and neighbors that like you, not a problem. So, pick your chickens carefully.

YVW

Cowgirl

BS Gal said:
If I hear one friggin rooster crowing BEFORE I'm ready to rise and shine in the a.m., I will hunt you down.

Here's the deal. I just called Animal Control. There is no ordinance against them. HOWEVER, if the chickens get out and get in other people's yards and cause problems, IF they crow at an ungodly hour and the neighbors complain, if you have a LARGE amount of chickens, there could be a problem. If you have some quiet, contained, well-behaved chickens and neighbors that like you, not a problem. So, pick your chickens carefully.

YVW

:lol: This made me laugh. I can picture someone trying to obedience train their chickens.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
BS Gal said:

YVW
Chickens don't crow. Roosters crow. I'm not going to be breeding them so I won't need a rooster. I just want the eggs and meat. Of course the fretilizer will be a plus. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Dutch6 said:
Chickens don't crow. Roosters crow. I'm not going to be breeding them so I won't need a rooster. I just want the eggs and meat. Of course the fretilizer will be a plus. :lol:

I was just giving you the low down, Mom. In CASE you wanted a rooster.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
BS Gal said:
I was just giving you the low down, Mom. In CASE you wanted a rooster.
How old are you? You haven't learned already that males are a PITA...... :lol:

Cowgirl

Dutch6 said:

You mean HENS, not chickens. :lol:

W

Wenchy

BS Gal said:

YVW

I figure his ankle biting, squirrel and bird chasing mutts will make the whole situation go away quickly. If not them, then the neighborhood cats will. I would love some fresh eggs, but I don't see that happening. :frown: