Peeve of the Day

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??

I used to have that happen and I'd start bagging their items with mine - that sure raised a bunch of crap. I said oh sorry this is yours? I thought it was mine, it was with my stuff. I bet they think twice the next time LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why? :shrug: Where do you go? I enjoy shopping, it gets me out the house. :yay:

I love grocery shopping. I love food and I love cooking. No kidding, for Pete's bday I got him a Whole Foods gift card and we spent the afternoon there.

Monello and I do not grocery shop together, for some reason. You'd think that would be a natural excursion for us, but it's probably good that we don't. He impulse buys weird cheese and condiments worse than I do, so I can only imagine what we'd end up with in our cart.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'll tell you what peeved me today were the couple who sat behind us at the movie theater and rattled bags (like chip bags or something)and chewed for the first 20 minutes. Fortunately by the time the movie (American Sniper) actually came on, they had pretty much stopped. The whole frikkin theater was basically available for them to sit when they came in, but no.....they had to jam us up.

You should have moved, I would have. I don't like having people that close anyway, so I avoid being in a packed event. I get annoyed when the people standing in line behind me crowd me. One lady kept bumping into me over and over and I finally turned around and said could you please give me a few inches of space? and I said that in an annoyed tone.

cricketmd

I love grocery shopping. I love food and I love cooking. No kidding, for Pete's bday I got him a Whole Foods gift card and we spent the afternoon there.

Monello and I do not grocery shop together, for some reason. You'd think that would be a natural excursion for us, but it's probably good that we don't. He impulse buys weird cheese and condiments worse than I do, so I can only imagine what we'd end up with in our cart.

I'd spend all day there too!! Field trip!! :lol: I'm not sure if you've seen my two freezers stocked with food falling out or not. I tend to hoard food, so maybe that's why. I'm not into cooking much, but I love food :crazy: :lol: Drove RiverRat nuts. :lol:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I once got home from Walmart and a piece of that cashier whose skin is falling off was stuck to my Danimals yogurt.

:twitch:

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Attachments

• diddy.jpg
    diddy.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 163

frequentflier

happy to be living
Why? :shrug: Where do you go? I enjoy shopping, it gets me out the house. :yay:

Many people are so self-important and act like they are the only one that matters. Like, get out of my way or I will mow you down. I try to be considerate and say excuse me when I walk in front of someone that is looking at something on a shelf. I often wait for people that are blocking the aisle; oblivious to everyone around them. I try to be patient despite the fact that I am one of the most impatient people you will even meet. If I keep encountering an inconsiderate fidiot, a loud phone talker or someone with bratty kids that are plucking at my last nerve, I will skip a few aisles and then backtrack when the coast is clear.

If I have a full buggy and people are behind me with a few items, I always let them cut in front of me.

I do try to go when the stores are not packed and with a plan of what I need and where it is in the store. I will not go in when I am rushed or stressed and rarely leave in a bad mood because of someone else's rude behavior. I know what to expect and plan accordingly.

I do not enjoy grocery shopping any more than I enjoy eating. Unfortunately, both are a necessity. I just have to be in the right frame of mind for it :shrug:

frequentflier

happy to be living

vegetable yogurt?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??

Just make sure it's something good. That will get the offender's attention. "Heyyyy, you took my London Broil!" "Well then, wait for me to get out of here before you start!"

I have started doing things like that now. IDGAF :biggrin: Folks want to be inconsiderate and rude.....so can I.

cricketmd

Many people are so self-important and act like they are the only one that matters. Like, get out of my way or I will mow you down. I try to be considerate and say excuse me when I walk in front of someone that is looking at something on a shelf. I often wait for people that are blocking the aisle; oblivious to everyone around them. I try to be patient despite the fact that I am one of the most impatient people you will even meet. If I keep encountering an inconsiderate fidiot, a loud phone talker or someone with bratty kids that are plucking at my last nerve, I will skip a few aisles and then backtrack when the coast is clear.

If I have a full buggy and people are behind me with a few items, I always let them cut in front of me.

I do try to go when the stores are not packed and with a plan of what I need and where it is in the store. I will not go in when I am rushed or stressed and rarely leave in a bad mood because of someone else's rude behavior. I know what to expect and plan accordingly.

I do not enjoy grocery shopping any more than I enjoy eating. Unfortunately, both are a necessity. I just have to be in the right frame of mind for it :shrug:

:huggy: Sounds like it stirs up a lot of anxiety for you. If I lived closer I'd offer to help. I've met you in person, you're not THAT impatient. :lol: You're an absolute sweetheart. Your overly considerate tendencies while shopping don't appear reciprocated and that is what seems to be the cause of your angst. :huggy: Maybe go at off hours? Or next time plow through them with your cart! "Can't beat them join them!" :smile:

Vince

I like to go grocery shopping especially if I have a new recipe I want to try. Got to go get the ingredients. I tend to buy too much sometimes. :doh:

cricketmd

I like to go grocery shopping especially if I have a new recipe I want to try. Got to go get the ingredients. I tend to buy too much sometimes. :doh:

Me too! I go up there with a full cart and items precariously balanced to not fall out and I get asked "did you find everything okay?" I'd say I did. :lol: