Penalties are getting out of control

thurley42

HY;FR
Collie just took a nasty hit and went out.....but the penalty was ridiculous....no one led with their helmet, he was hit into Kurt Coleman's helmet and they called the penalty....give me a break.....

They said it was because he was defenseless, they just showed that he had made two steps, he was a runner.....are they just supposed to let them catch the ball, maybe clear a way to the endzone for them?

thurley42

HY;FR
I mean good lord, if they are "defenseless" then they shouldn't have a chance to advance the ball.....they are down where they catch it.....insane...

thurley42

HY;FR
Let 'em all wear dresses and shut it down.

I understand protecting peoples safety, and I agree there were a few hits in the last few weeks that were malicious and uncalled for......but why don't they call it what it is, owners are protecting their investments.

The officials are throwing flags for good "fundamental" hard hits now......give me a break!

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Good play or not..

The Eagles player dancing around the field, and yelling and screaming (Saturday?), while the other player was down and out.. and at the time everyone figured was seriously hurt (how he wasn't is beyond me, that looked devastating), was classless and uncalled for.

Okay, you don't agree with the call.. somone could be on the ground paralyzed or worse. Show a LITTLE class.

thurley42

HY;FR
The "head slap" penalty was crazy too......that game would have been over a long time ago if it weren't for dumb penalties..

Peter Forsberg

Good play or not..

The Eagles player dancing around the field, and yelling and screaming (Saturday?), while the other player was down and out.. and at the time everyone figured was seriously hurt (how he wasn't is beyond me, that looked devastating), was classless and uncalled for.

Okay, you don't agree with the call.. somone could be on the ground paralyzed or worse. Show a LITTLE class.
Just like Landry did when Vick got hurt. Enough said. We win even though the NFL tried to give the game to the Colts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Collie just took a nasty hit and went out.....but the penalty was ridiculous....no one led with their helmet, he was hit into Kurt Coleman's helmet and they called the penalty....give me a break.....

They said it was because he was defenseless, they just showed that he had made two steps, he was a runner.....are they just supposed to let them catch the ball, maybe clear a way to the endzone for them?

Out of control??? One freaking borderline call, made in a split second, in real time, and it's out of control???

Of all the myriad questionable calls for holding or not holding, pass interference and so forth and the zebra's are 'out of control' in the effort to reduce, at least a little, the absolute level of violence and permanent injury in the game?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good play or not..

You're out of control! Come on! It's one thing to expect a little consideration and sportsmanship and, yes, some class.

However, we are talking about Philly. Let's keep things in perspective, here!!

:lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Collie lowered his head before the initial contact after he took two steps. The helmet to helmet contact was incidental.

thurley42

HY;FR
Out of control??? One freaking borderline call, made in a split second, in real time, and it's out of control???

Of all the myriad questionable calls for holding or not holding, pass interference and so forth and the zebra's are 'out of control' in the effort to reduce, at least a little, the absolute level of violence and permanent injury in the game?

It wasn't one freaking borderline call, I saw 4-6 ridiculous calls yesterday, the one on Collie was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

And you can stop with the whole they are out there to protect the players line......it's all about money, and protecting investments.

Football is a violent sport, well it used to be...now Tom Brady isn't even on the ground and he's whining for a flag. I won't disagree that some of the missle launching type hits need to be taken out of the game, but when they start throwing flags for big hits you have crossed the line of common sense and are doing more harm than good.

Like I said yesterday, the whole defenseless player call doesn't hold water.....if the defender can't hit a player diving for the ball, than why should the reciever be able to make a play at the ball?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And you can stop with the whole they are out there to protect the players line......it's all about money, and protecting investments.

By protecting the players. OMG. How horrible. :tap:

What do you people want, really? Someone to die on the field and then you'd feel like it was a 'real' sport again? Did you get a hard on when Collie's hands started twitching? Would it have been "Oh, that's just football!" had his central nervous system shut down and he stopped breathing?

What the #### is wrong with you people?

thurley42

HY;FR
By protecting the players. OMG. How horrible. :tap:

What do you people want, really? Someone to die on the field and then you'd feel like it was a 'real' sport again? Did you get a hard on when Collie's hands started twitching? Would it have been "Oh, that's just football!" had his central nervous system shut down and he stopped breathing?

What the #### is wrong with you people?

It's not about protecting the players...it's about protecting investments....If they weren't paying them 20 million dollars a year, let's be frank....the owners wouldn't care less.....

The hit on Collie was legal, and hands twitching like that is common when someone gets knocked out....I know you know that because I know you watch MMA.

There is nothing wrong with me......If you don't want them hitting, take the pads off and put flags on them.....If you noticed I said that the flagrant/malicious hits needed to be dealt with. The point of this thread was to say they there has been a knee jerk reaction to this and it's affecting outcomes of games......the Philly/Indy game would have never even been close if it weren't for a few of those penalties....

It's not like people being knocked out is new....and I don't feel like anyone is saying they want people harmed intentionally. What they are saying is it's football, it's a violent sport by nature and when you play a violent sport sometimes you are going to get hit/hurt/knocked out...but when you are doing it by the book/following the rules and you still get called for penalties then it's affecting the outcome of the game being played the way it is supposed to be. THAT is where I have a problem....

:buddies: