People Can’t Drive!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
They're so desperate for school bus drivers they're hiring them off the street.

And it shows.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've been on the road, 2 days out to Arkansas, and 2 days back. Over 2700 miles without nary an incident. Get back into Dahlgren this afternoon, and the change in driver habits was clear. By the time I got to Rt 235, I had been practically run over a few times, ducked and weaved numerous times to avoid situations, watched impatient drivers literally fly thru and around traffic, weaving in and out with no regard to anyone else on the road. Almost got broad-sided because a woman did not yield and didn't even look. I mean...comeon... it's a big, very visible truck!! Then on to 235 in an attempt to get to my house. I say attempt, because just near Town Creek Drive was a huge accident and everyone was besides themselves that they were being inconvenienced, cutting others off, and just being obnoxious. Couldn't even get to my street, had to find a back way in as nothing was moving.

So the next time someone asks why there are so many accidents with such terrible results, it's because the drivers here are selfish, arrogant, self-centered, rude and just plain stupid and terrible, terrible drivers.

TPD

the poor dad
I've been on the road, 2 days out to Arkansas, and 2 days back. Over 2700 miles without nary an incident. Get back into Dahlgren this afternoon, and the change in driver habits was clear. By the time I got to Rt 235, I had been practically run over a few times, ducked and weaved numerous times to avoid situations, watched impatient drivers literally fly thru and around traffic, weaving in and out with no regard to anyone else on the road. Almost got broad-sided because a woman did not yield and didn't even look. I mean...comeon... it's a big, very visible truck!! Then on to 235 in an attempt to get to my house. I say attempt, because just near Town Creek Drive was a huge accident and everyone was besides themselves that they were being inconvenienced, cutting others off, and just being obnoxious. Couldn't even get to my street, had to find a back way in as nothing was moving.

So the next time someone asks why there are so many accidents with such terrible results, it's because the drivers here are selfish, arrogant, self-centered, rude and just plain stupid and terrible, terrible drivers.
UFB! I’ve noticed this as well with just a day drive to Pennsylvania or Virginia- the worst drivers always appear to be in SMC.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

It wasn't me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’ve done a fair amount of driving in DC and expect what I see there - it’s a big city - need to be defensive. It shouldn’t be that way in SMC.
Granted. But there are so many beltway bandits running back-and-forth from the military contractors in the area, crossover is unavoidable.

Virginia’s the same way until you get south of Fredericksburg.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Granted. But there are so many beltway bandits running back-and-forth from the military contractors in the area, crossover is unavoidable.

Virginia’s the same way until you get south of Fredericksburg.
I do drive into Old Town a lot, and it's busy, you have to have eyes in the back of your head, and drive both defensively AND offensively, but it's pretty civil. Not crazy and stupid like here.

Bonehead

Tail gating is my absolute pet peeve ! Please count on me to reduce my speed if you are planted on my azz. I had some turd pass me on the shoulder on route 5 going 55 on route 5 to L town...

TPD

the poor dad
Tail gating is my absolute pet peeve ! Please count on me to reduce my speed if you are planted on my azz. I had some turd pass me on the shoulder on route 5 going 55 on route 5 to L town...
Yeah can’t stand tailgaters. The passing on the shoulder happens to me a couple times a year on Rt 235 in Dameron while I’m doing about 55.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
One of my favorites happened on my way home tonight, were some fine upstanding douche bag in a Jeep decided I wasn’t going fast enough for him and whipped out into the left lane doing about 75 to pass me only the whip back across the road to the far right shoulder so he could make his turn.

PeoplesElbow

One of my favorites happened on my way home tonight, were some fine upstanding douche bag in a Jeep decided I wasn’t going fast enough for him and whipped out into the left lane doing about 75 to pass me only the whip back across the road to the far right shoulder so he could make his turn.
Sometimes I wish I still had my old land yacht of a Buick, someone hit me head on in that thing, their car had to be pulled off the road, I had a cracked plastic grill and a scuff on my big chrome bumper.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I got passed on Willows Rd. last night by some douche bag who saved maybe 15 seconds going into the next subdivision 100 yards ahead on the other side of the road from my turn off.

Grumpy

Try Pittsburgh. They make the idiots down here look positively courteous. However try driving in Boston sometime - the massholes make everybody look good.
Driving anywhere in DC - Boston corridor is cray cray. They say to SMD drivers, Hold my Beer.

PeoplesElbow

Try Pittsburgh. They make the idiots down here look positively courteous. However try driving in Boston sometime - the massholes make everybody look good.
I didnt find Pittsburgh that bad, unless it changed in the last 20 years. Not been there since Three Rivers Stadium existed though.