Perfect Mate

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Penguin, just because you get annoyed with your mate doesn't mean they're not perfect for you. When you live with someone it's inevitable that you're going to get bent with them from time to time. I wouldn't be interested in having a husband that we agreed on everything all the time - I'd have to pick a fight with him to keep it interesting.
:lol:

I guess I just feel that perfection in ANY shape or form can't be reached on earth. So... I can't fathom the concept of finding a "perfect mate".

However, I completely understand what you mean...
I would consider that individual right for you...
or that they may even be your soulmate.

IMO, if your mate is "perfect" for you, then you would have the perfect relationship... in which there are no fights, etc... which like you said isn't possible for me...and seems unnatural.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Well put...

Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

I guess I just feel that perfection in ANY shape or form can't be reached on earth. So... I can't fathom the concept of finding a "perfect mate".

However, I completely understand what you mean...
I would consider that individual right for you...
or that they may even be your soulmate.

IMO, if your mate is "perfect" for you, then you would have the perfect relationship... in which there are no fights, etc... which like you said isn't possible for me...and seems unnatural.

You said it better than I!

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
There may be no perfect mates, but there are those who would be a MUCH more compatible match for us than others... By determining the important things we do/don't want in a relationship, we improve our chances for success that the relationship will last...

BK states – "The problem is that they're never what they say they are." Wow, BK! Are you saying that all women are liars? I think it would be more accurate to say that there's alot of people out there (men AND women) who aren't SURE of what they want. So they might tell you one thing, then change their mind about it later. But I don't believe MOST people are being deliberately dishonest! I think MOST people are just truly confused about what they want when it comes to relationships...

Hey Joey! I fart in bed, too! Wow! We have SO MUCH in common...wanna go out??? :D

Last edited:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Sierra39
BK states – "The problem is that they're never what they say they are." Wow, BK! Are you saying that all women are liars? I think it would be more accurate to say that there's alot of people out there (men AND women) who aren't SURE of what they want. So they might tell you one thing, then change their mind about it later. But I don't believe MOST people are being deliberately dishonest! I think MOST people are just truly confused about what they want when it comes to relationships...

From what I've been able to discern from my conversations with others here, Sierra, is that I'm terminally destined to a long string of meaningless relationships with women who are:
1) Too much like my over-controlling mom.
2) The same kind of bad woman that I always pursue.
3) Generally nice, but I somehow manage to screw things up every time.

Considering this, I've applied today for enrollment in a Monkery or whatever they call them.
:D

devilwoman

Maybe instead ofasking what yo perfect mate would be, you should ask what you look for in a mate. You probably can't find someone who meets all your qualifications, but the closer you get on the list the better.

I've got three priorities. ONE - he has to be kind and considerate. Not just of me - if I'm his date he better be considerate of me. I mean considerate of other people. I HATE people who are rude to waitesses or other drivers or the clerk at the bank. If you can't conider other people and be nice - stay away from me. TWO - he has to be a good conversationalist. I don't mean he's good a giving monologues - I want to be able to talk too. Also, he doesn't have to be an Einstein. Just be able to talk about more than 2-3 subjects all the time. Maybe read the paper or watch the news or the A&E channel to get new info now and then. THREE - he has to have a good sense of humor (meaning he laughs at my jokes).

I don't these standards are too high - bu so far I haven't found anyone.

On looks - OK, I'm shallow. I have standards there. I don't want anyone fat. Overweight is fine - I mean, who isn't a little overweight anymore. But I don't want 30 pounds overweight - it's a turn off. I like a good hair of head. I also like long narrow faces with high cheekbones.

A

Analyst

She's gone out of style

To shorten the necessary message, I'll use an analogy: Mrs. Cleaver from "Leave it to Beaver"- Completely focused on her husband, family, and kids. Only passing fancies of career plans after the kids leave home. Willing and able to suffer the physical, emotional, and economic hardships of a 1-wage earner family in return for the love and respect of her loved ones. Wants sex as often as she eats, even if she's too tired or busy to actually get to it. Taking joy from affordable pleasures to save for retirement and kids education. God, family, country, self - in that order.

Kind of like my mom. :)

I like being near a military base because there tends to be military wives like that, and people would generally agree that this is an admirable women, not an antiquated relic. These are the women that built the USA into a great country. To the extent they are disapearing, we are weakened as a society, and eventaully our civilization will be threatened. ( See Pat Buchanan's book "The Death of the West" - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312285485/ref=ase_theinternetbriga/104-7172567-9053568 )

When I look at the young ladies at Pro Fitness in Wildewood, where I go to the gym, I wonder how many of them aspire to be these women, or even know what it would mean to be one.

-Analyst

Christy

b*tch rocket
Anaylist,

great dream of a perfect mate, however, would you worship that kind of woman in return?

A

Analyst

Yes I Would and Yes They Do

Hi,

I indeed would gladly love, honor, and cherish such a woman. Worship is reserved for God. However, my acts of reverence towards such a woman would be quite pleasurable.

And I believe such women still exist. I know of one, who's O6 husband just retired from the Navy. I still believe I can find one for me too.

-Analyst

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have to hand it to you, Analyst - it's refreshing to hear a man actually admit he wants a traditional wife. So many guys have been brainwashed into thinking that the only good women are the ones who are so busy with their careers that they don't have time for YOU. You know...the ones who wait until they're 40 to start having children, then can't figure out why they're having so much trouble getting pregnant.

Good luck in your search - you're probably going to need it! Those type of women are becoming extinct. Especially the June Cleaver's that are raving nymphos in the bedroom! June never struck me as someone who was particularly interested in sex... :lol:

And Cari, there's all kinds of things to do when you're done cooking and cleaning and chasing after the kids. Volunteer work, for one. Also, it sounds like Analyst is involved in the church, so there's something for the wife to do - churches ALWAYS have some community work going on.

A

Analyst

June Cleaver's Appetite

That is strange you think June Cleaver wasn't that interested in sex. First of all, the subject would have never been explicitly brought up on the television of the day, on the contrary today we have "The Osbornes" , before that "Married with Children", where it is constantly raised in the most debased terms so as to make it something I wouldn't want to participate in. Second, I sensed a deep attraction between Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver. Even the use of the name "June" implies sexuality and fertility. Third, June always looked great. I don't think she did that out of vanity or to turn heads, I think she did it to please her husband.

Does anyone remember if they slept in seperate bedrooms?

Anyway, I am getting off topic and shall cease.

-Analyst

devilwoman

It was probably great to be a 50's housewife - but today's economy just doesn't allow that. The husband has to be making pretty good money for the wife to afford to stay at home. I know a number of women who would like to stay home with their kids - but they also want their kids to be able to wear new clothes, participate in school activities, go to college someday, etc.

Also, in the 50's EVERY mother stayed home. There were other women in the neighborhood to talk to, and you could trade off kids now and then to get a break. Nowadays you'd probably be the only woman at home with kids. Believe me, talking to nothing but children all day - day in and day out - can drive you nuts.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My Perfect Man
Is attractive (to me)
Works Hard (because I do)
Has his own transportation (because I have mine)
Doesn't talk to me about other women (what they have how attractive what they do - I don't care)
Appreciates me for who I am (because I appreciate him for who he is)
Has some kind of sense of humour (mine's warped)
Can leave me alone when I ask without getting his feelings hurt (I do occassionally need "me" time)
Has other activities than me (because I have other things too)
Likes to show me off in public (because I sure would want to show him off)
Believes in a Higher Power (otherwise we won't have a common belief and moral system)
Can be versatile (can go country or city and not be put out by it)
Can speak english (because communication is key)
Can cook (cause I am not cooking all the meals - better be taking me out a lot if you can't cook)
Can clean his own house and do his own laundry (because I may be your woman but I sure as heck am not your momma)
My dawg likes him (otherwise your butt won't make it in the door)