Perfume

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have my favorites...and wear perfumes almost every day.
I was at Belks a few days ago and they had some sample sprays at the counter and I took Lancôme's " La vie est belle" and omg- every time I spray it on my wrist- I just love love love it!
I received two gift certificates for answering two business surveys on Amazon and just got a bottle *very inexpensively*.
Can't wait!
Though I usually don't smell perfumes on myself (more on my clothes), I like to smell good.
Hope everyone else loves the scent as much as I do!!

Caution

I have my favorites...and wear perfumes almost every day.
I was at Belks a few days ago and they had some sample sprays at the counter and I took Lancôme's " La vie est belle" and omg- every time I spray it on my wrist- I just love love love it!
I received two gift certificates for answering two business surveys on Amazon and just got a bottle *very inexpensively*.
Can't wait!
Though I usually don't smell perfumes on myself (more on my clothes), I like to smell good.
Hope everyone else loves the scent as much as I do!!

It's smells kinda strong over here in the park. Might wanna lighten up just a tad. :biggrin:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My favorite is Poison, my husband gets me a bottle every year about the time my last bottle is just about empty.

After reading that, I had to laugh.:killingme

ginwoman

I can't wear anything with fragrance. Instant migraine. Even if someone hugs me that is wearing cologne it gets on me and gives me a headache.

Caution

I can't wear anything with fragrance. Instant migraine. Even if someone hugs me that is wearing cologne it gets on me and gives me a headache.

LOL Go to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Up there you can actually call the cops and if a person is deemed to be wearing to much they can actually be fined. LOL

I was up there in about '00. Ran out of my Stetson Cologne so went to pick some up at the little store down the street. Looked all over for ANY type of after shave or cologne. Could not find any. Finally asked one of the folks who worked there and they said the keep it locked up under the counter. While walking up there with me he states, "You are not from here are you?" I say no and he explains that Halifax has ordinances against wearing noticeable amounts of cologne or fragrance and tells me to be careful how much I use.

I was thinking "OK I either smell like Stetson or Jet Fuel". Your Choice. LOL

Perfume Ban Raising A Stink In Halifax - Chicago Tribune

Perfume Ban Raising A Stink In Halifax

City Forbids Scented Products In Public

To the horror of perfume makers worldwide, Halifax has become the first major center in North America to prohibit the wearing of all cosmetic fragrances--from Giorgio to grandmother's lavender soap--in most indoor public places, including municipal offices, libraries, hospitals, classrooms, courts and mass transit buses.

frequentflier

happy to be living
LOL Go to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Up there you can actually call the cops and if a person is deemed to be wearing to much they can actually be fined. LOL

I was up there in about '00. Ran out of my Stetson Cologne so went to pick some up at the little store down the street. Looked all over for ANY type of after shave or cologne. Could not find any. Finally asked one of the folks who worked there and they said the keep it locked up under the counter. While walking up there with me he states, "You are not from here are you?" I say no and he explains that Halifax has ordinances against wearing noticeable amounts of cologne or fragrance and tells me to be careful how much I use.

I was thinking "OK I either smell like Stetson or Jet Fuel". Your Choice. LOL

Perfume Ban Raising A Stink In Halifax - Chicago Tribune

Perfume Ban Raising A Stink In Halifax

City Forbids Scented Products In Public

To the horror of perfume makers worldwide, Halifax has become the first major center in North America to prohibit the wearing of all cosmetic fragrances--from Giorgio to grandmother's lavender soap--in most indoor public places, including municipal offices, libraries, hospitals, classrooms, courts and mass transit buses.

I try to not wear too much...I have had massive headaches from people that literally bathe in it. I do like to smell good, though. And I appreciate someone that wears a fragrance well (not all people do).
My all time favorite is Spellbound by Estee Lauder. It is kind of f**k me perfume. I used to wear it when I drove truck. Had a lot of guys anxious to help me unload my truck on loading docks LOL

Caution

I try to not wear too much...I have had massive headaches from people that literally bathe in it. I do like to smell good, though. And I appreciate someone that wears a fragrance well (not all people do).
My all time favorite is Spellbound by Estee Lauder. It is kind of f**k me perfume. I used to wear it when I drove truck. Had a lot of guys anxious to help me unload my truck on loading docks LOL

LOL I bet you did! :killingme

I don't use the Cologne very often. A bottle will generally last me about a year. But if I shave before going out I will use Stetson after shave. If not going out I just use some cheap stuff or even isopropyl alcohol. I get some compliments on Stetson so it works if you work it. :killingme

And for any guys reading this. OK call me weird but if you want a woman to catch a smell they like. Mix you a little vanilla extract in your cologne when you put it on. I get so many compliments when I do that. Most can't figure out what it is and some say I remind them of fresh cookies just out of the oven. LOL The ladies seem to love that smell.

frequentflier

happy to be living
LOL I bet you did! :killingme

I don't use the Cologne very often. A bottle will generally last me about a year. But if I shave before going out I will use Stetson after shave. If not going out I just use some cheap stuff or even isopropyl alcohol. I get some compliments on Stetson so it works if you work it. :killingme

And for any guys reading this. OK call me weird but if you want a woman to catch a smell they like. Mix you a little vanilla extract in your cologne when you put it on. I get so many compliments when I do that. Most can't figure out what it is and some say I remind them of fresh cookies just out of the oven. LOL The ladies seem to love that smell.

I wore it well: I was hardworking and had a strong work ethic, dressed and acted like a lady despite my steel toed work boots. I earned the respect of many of the senior (mostly male) drivers.

Many women that drove for the same company fit into the category of: hoe, lazy hoe, entitled hoe and prude (as in the guys couldn't say anything even remotely off the cuff in front of them- even mild cuss words) I preferred to be respected and accepted- and helped by others. (as well as them knowing I was capable, willing and happy to help them!)

I like mixing vanilla with cinnamon sticks, allspice, citrus and water on the stove. In real life, I don't know if I'd want my man smelling like it. I'd probably want to eat him!

Caution

I wore it well: I was hardworking and had a strong work ethic, dressed and acted like a lady despite my steel toed work boots. I earned the respect of many of the senior (mostly male) drivers.

Many women that drove for the same company fit into the category of: hoe, lazy hoe, entitled hoe and prude (as in the guys couldn't say anything even remotely off the cuff in front of them- even mild cuss words) I preferred to be respected and accepted- and helped by others. (as well as them knowing I was capable, willing and happy to help them!)

I like mixing vanilla with cinnamon sticks, allspice, citrus and water on the stove. In real life, I don't know if I'd want my man smelling like it. I'd probably want to eat him!

It is funny sometimes when the ladies catch a whiff. I was at the Fast Stop, I believe it is, there on the corner in Lusby a few weeks ago. I was at the counter and the gal behind the counter said "Damn" a couple of times and I did not catch on to what she was getting at. She said "Damn" once more and looked at me and said "you really smell good!". Actually came out from behind the counter and came close to get a better whiff. Asked me what I used and I was not going to tell her I put a few drops of vanilla extract in my cologne so just told her it was Stetson and I had just gotten out of the shower.

But as far as being eaten. Have not had them chasing me down the street with forks yet. Maybe I need to play with the mixture a bit. LOL

frequentflier

happy to be living
It is funny sometimes when the ladies catch a whiff. I was at the Fast Stop, I believe it is, there on the corner in Lusby a few weeks ago. I was at the counter and the gal behind the counter said "Damn" a couple of times and I did not catch on to what she was getting at. She said "Damn" once more and looked at me and said "you really smell good!". Actually came out from behind the counter and came close to get a better whiff. Asked me what I used and I was not going to tell her I put a few drops of vanilla extract in my cologne so just told her it was Stetson and I had just gotten out of the shower.

But as far as being eaten. Have not had them chasing me down the street with forks yet. Maybe I need to play with the mixture a bit. LOL

Count your blessings. Esp in Lusby...LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since turning 50 I am preoccupied with old person smell, so I take extra care to scrub every body part that may harbor codger bacteria and I use a light musk body spray.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Since turning 50 I am preoccupied with old person smell, so I take extra care to scrub every body part that may harbor codger bacteria and I use a light musk body spray.

Though I haven't seen you since you turned 50, I cannot imagine you smell any different than you did when you were 49. You didn't smell old or like moldy bread or anything like that then.

MarieB

My grandma used to use vanilla as perfume.

I like Eternity.

luvmygdaughters

Estee Lauder "Spellbound" used to be one of my favorites, I also liked Chloe Narcisuss and Beautiful. WHen I was much younger, Obsession and Cinnabar used to be my go to perfumes.

After high school, I had a couple of favorites. Eau du Dirty Oyster, Essence of Petrol, and Drowned Campfire.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Ive started being a hippy and going to the hippie store in calloway..and found the most amazing essential oil perfume..I love more musky sexy type scents..like patchuli, vanilla, sandelwood etc ive been having so much fun mixing those for awesome perfume..plus the essential oils have health benefits