Philly Traded NcNabb To The Redskins???

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ESPN is reporting that the Eagles have traded QB Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins!

UFB! :popcorn:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Done deal.

2nd round pick and a 3rd or 4th in 2011.

I don't like this deal.

Kevin Sheehan, beat reporter for the Washington Redskins was just on ESPN2 and he's not a happy fellow. He feels at at least half, if not more of Redskins fan are not going to be happy about this move.

OldHillcrestGuy

Done deal.

2nd round pick and a 3rd or 4th in 2011.

I don't like this deal.

I dont like it either, they are starting to do some strange things, signing Parker after already sigining Johnson at running back. We are getting a log jam at QB, and RB, with older guys. We need offensive linemen. McNabb is 33 years old his best years behind him. Campbell is history now.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I dont like it either, they are starting to do some strange things, signing Parker after already sigining Johnson at running back. We are getting a log jam at QB, and RB, with older guys. We need offensive linemen. How old is McNabb? I'd say Campbell is history now.
Campbell is history for sure. Maybe a back-up but I don't think he'd be willing.

This sets us back. We garner an aging injury-prone QB and give up future draft picks. FAIL!

OldHillcrestGuy

Campbell is history for sure. Maybe a back-up but I don't think he'd be willing.

This sets us back. We garner an aging injury-prone QB and give up future draft picks. FAIL!

:yay: We need that 2nd round pick this year, now they will proably go and draft one of the QB's with the first pick, and should have looked at getting a OL in the second. Trade within our division, watch those 2 picks Philly get will come back to haunt us.

BuddyLee

Football addict
:yay: We need that 2nd round pick this year, now they will proably go and draft one of the QB's with the first pick, and should have looked at getting a OL in the second. Trade within our division, watch those 2 picks Philly get will come back to haunt us.
There's a theory going around on Extremeskins that the Redskins traded for McNabb just to acquire Bradford.

Goes like this. Rams get McNabb and the #4 pick. Skins get #1 overall pick and a 3rd rounder from the Rams.

I don't think it happens though.:doh:

Ray

I think that the Redskins did this trade to allow them to trade Campbell and the #4 pick to the Rams to acquire Bradford and allow McNabb to hold the seat warm for a year or two until Bradford starts.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I think that the Redskins did this trade to allow them to trade Campbell and the #4 pick to the Rams to acquire Bradford and allow McNabb to hold the seat warm for a year or two until Bradford starts.
I would entertain that idea. I don't think that happens either.

I think we're drafting Okung on day one and then our draft is done for this year.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ESPN is driving this story up the wall! :lmao:

They interviewed Rick Maese from the Wash. Post Sports News, and he doesn't know what to make of this trade. A dozen or so possibilities, but none of them are verifiable, he said.

Can you imagine the :cds:on the part of many 'Skins fans emotionally?

Peter Forsberg

Being a Philly fan I am not happy Mcnabb is gone but I understand why he is. The Eagles were getting old and we are trying to rebuild but still be competitive. Redskins have no offensive line to proteect Mcnabb he is going to get killed. Are you ready for some Football? :popcorn:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Being a Philly fan I am not happy Mcnabb is gone but I understand why he is. The Eagles were getting old and we are trying to rebuild but still be competitive. Redskins have no offensive line to proteect Mcnabb he is going to get killed. Are you ready for some Football? :popcorn:
I agree.

Skins traded away their future for an aging injury-prone QB. I guess it will be fun to see McNabb eat the dirt instead of Campbell this year.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
This has been discussed for the last three days. Redskins supposedly contacted Philly on Thursday or Friday. I think this pretty much locks up the fact that (if Mcnabb doesn't get traded again) Okung will be going #4 on draft day.
Remember, Shanny has had some pretty crappy offensive linemen he's turned into gold. Don't turn this deal down just yet..

Peter Forsberg

I agree.

Skins traded away their future for an aging injury-prone QB. I guess it will be fun to see McNabb eat the dirt instead of Campbell this year.
Talk about an interesting game to see live..... Eagles vs Skins... I bet they make it a Sunday or Monday night game. The Eagles know Mcnabbs weaknesses.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Talk about an interesting game to see live..... Eagles vs Skins... I bet they make it a Sunday or Monday night game. The Eagles know Mcnabbs weaknesses.

Yes that was mentioned in one of the sports reporter interviews. You want to talk about some smackin' going on during those games?!?

As previously stated, the Eagles know McNabb's game. and they will be all over him. :popcorn: