Philly Traded NcNabb To The Redskins???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's a good article about McNabb...he forced the trade, and wanted to go nowhere else, but Washington.

McNabb strong-arms his way to D.C. - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Pfff. What I read was Kolb was pressing the issue as well and the Eagles could have gotten rid of McNabb anytime they liked and just cut him or bench him and not allow him to come to practice or games. They didn't 'have' to trade him to the Skins anymore than a player has to play for whatever a given contract calls for; people are free to walk away any time they like. Oh, but, they want something don't they? Get paid? Get draft picks? So, there will be no crying for the poor Eagles and what some mean old football player did to them. I'm a Skin fan. I KNOW money is the least important thing. :lol:

And I liked this part;

...and (Reid) had voiced his desire for the Eagles to keep him, even if it cost them Kolb. “Andy thinks Kolb is going to be really good, maybe great. But he knows Donovan is great and probably will be for three or four years,” said a source close to Reid.

Again, I say thank you! :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah because he didn't want to go to the Bills or Raiders. Hey Mr. Snyder.... Dmac wants a golden throw up bucket. :killingme

He shall have two!

Elway was a choking dog. Bronco fans said he couldn't win the big one, oughta be traded, etc, etc, and then...oddly enough, Shanahan shows up, Elway got a running game and a solid defense that wasn't playing over it's head ever week.

Hmmm....hmm...sound familiar?

I feel a song coming on!

Hail to the DmacSkins, hail VICTORY!!!! :lol:

Peter Forsberg

He shall have two!

Elway was a choking dog. Bronco fans said he couldn't win the big one, oughta be traded, etc, etc, and then...oddly enough, Shanahan shows up, Elway got a running game and a solid defense that wasn't playing over it's head ever week.

Hmmm....hmm...sound familiar?

I feel a song coming on!

Hail to the DmacSkins, hail VICTORY!!!! :lol:
It makes the NFC East even that more interesting that's for sure. Can the season start already? :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I know you better then that Larry. Redskins need more then a QB to be the Beast of the East.

Really? Do we?

Consider. At present, we do not do game winning drives. More accurately, JC does not do heroics. Good line, broken line, doesn't matter. Solid defensive effort, week after week, we can't score when we need it.

Shanahan, if nothing else, WILL have a solid line and a solid running game. We haven't had that the last few years so, more pressure on Campbell.

Haslett has the pieces to build an above average defense. Potentially very good. This is a unit that never gets to play with a lead and all of us arm chair generals know being 7 ahead plays into the defenses hands.

Beast of the East? It should be the Cowboys. However, are they head cases or not? The Giants are in transition on D, their forte. The Eagles? Aren't you seeing last place?

So, talent wise, coaching wise, the Skins were probably heading for 8-8 this coming season with Shanahan. With Campbell. So, it's all about McNabb. Don't think he's worth 2 wins? Maybe 4?

Ponytail

The ONLY time we could count on Mcnabb is when his RB's were healthy and being utilized.

Redskins going to pick up Westbrook too? He is, afterall, Mcnabbs better half.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Mel Kiper on the NFL draft -- How McNabb trade changes the draft - ESPN

"Before I get into the number of ways the Donovan McNabb deal will change personnel decisions around the NFL draft, one problematic trend continues: The Redskins simply do not have a lot of regard for draft choices.

How else can you put it? Just take that statement for what it is. It's not downplaying what kind of impact a player like McNabb can make in Mike Shanahan's system. It's simply a fact that aside from their No. 4 pick, the Skins have largely traded out of this draft.

They now don't have any other picks within the top 100, and with the current crop of talent, that No. 37 pick the Eagles just picked up is practically a first-rounder. The McNabb pick-up may become a great success story in Washington, but the organization -- regardless of who has been in charge under Dan Snyder -- keeps kicking draft choices to the curb, and the roster has and will suffer.

It's nice to pick up great players, but it's not the way to build a great team. You simply have to emphasize the draft."

Interesting comments....Do you agree or disagree?

BuddyLee

Football addict
USA Today: Brian Dawkins-'Eagles made a mistake trading Donovan McNabb to Redskins'
<HR style="COLOR: #571c1f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #571c1f" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->click for the rest

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"So you're finally getting those things in place and then you trade a guy who is playing at a high level still. That's what I don't understand. If you tell me that Donovan has been slipping, he's not been playing that Pro Bowl-type ball or that MVP-type ball on a consistent basis. Now, I'm not talking about slipping up every once in a while, or not having good games every once in a while, I'm talking about on a consistent basis playing high-caliber football, which he's still doing, then I could see that.

"But not this. Not this when you have all those weapons in place and now you don't allow him to grow with those weapons and have those weapons grow with him so that they can see if this is the mix that could finally get Philadelphia that championship." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BuddyLee

Football addict

Attachments

• McLovin2.jpg
    McLovin2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 28