Physicians

pavloveia

I'm new to the area (6 months) and need to find a new primary care physician. I prefer an internist and want a female. Any suggestions? Thank you!

alex

I use Dr. Brown in Leonardtown and see the Physician's Assistant. But they recently brought on a women MD who is really nice as well.

alex

Oh wow, I didn't know about Dr. Jude leaving. I have never had a problem with Dr. Brown so I will continue to see him. Sorry to hear that you did.

chatter48

doctor

I go to Shah Associates, at the Exploration Building in Lexington Park. I see Dr. Rita Jhaveri. She has been my doctor for over 10 years. She is great. I have never had a problem getting same day appointments with her. I highly recommend her. Good Luck in your search. Connie

alex

I have never had a problem getting an appointment when I need and have never been told to go to the ER, but then I haven't had to see a doctor in several months and will schedule my annual check up for soon. Is this a recent problem or one that you have always have?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Barbra
Dr. Brown isn't accepting new patients & he treats his existing patients like sh*t. And his new woman doctor, Dr. Jude, quit last year.

Actually. Dr. Gaarb is the new one there that he was speaking of. And Dr. Jude didnt quit, just got a new practice of his own at the Bean Building. :smile:

I have only personally seen Nancy the P.A. or Dr. Brown. They are not taking any new patients for Dr. Brown, because he is on leave until the end of feb. Which by then will taking some new ones on.

mollee

my family have just recently relocated and i have just gotten my new insurance card. When I called Dr. Brown's office to see if they are accepting new patients, they said no. However, when I called my insurance company (Aetna) to select a primiary physician, they said that Dr. Brown is accepting new patients as far as their system is concerned. So I signed him up. Now, this all happened last week so i haven't had the chance/need to go see Dr. Brown yet. I don't know if they'll kick me out the door when I go there. But at least now i'll be getting a new insurance card with his name and number on it.

Beener

Originally posted by mollee
my family have just recently relocated and i have just gotten my new insurance card. When I called Dr. Brown's office to see if they are accepting new patients, they said no. However, when I called my insurance company (Aetna) to select a primiary physician, they said that Dr. Brown is accepting new patients as far as their system is concerned. So I signed him up. Now, this all happened last week so i haven't had the chance/need to go see Dr. Brown yet. I don't know if they'll kick me out the door when I go there. But at least now i'll be getting a new insurance card with his name and number on it.

They probably will not see you. The office has the most updated information, not the insurance company. The office should have notified the company, but that doesn't always happen. They aren't obligated to see you just because Aetna's records are not updated. It doesn't make sense to try to use a doctor who told you first hand they aren't seeing new patients. :duh:

Last edited:

mollee

well, my second choice is Dr. Boyd. I drove by his office, it's a house next to a gas station. Does anyone go to Dr. Boyd -- I think he's an internist...

CMC122

Go Braves!
My husband goes to Dr. Boyd and loves him. He has only been there a couple of times and Dr. Boyd remembers him everytime. He has never had to wait in the office or for an appointment either.

watercolor

yeah yeah
By gawd Beener thinks he has the answer for everything. Some people's kids :rolleyes:

Dr Jude didnt quit, he simply opened his own practice. If he quit he wouldn't have his own practice/office/etc. He simply does not work with Dr. Brown's office anymore. Which is what happens when you are a doctor who goes through another doctor to define his own practice.

His office offer's that to newer doctors, to start through him, and then move onto their own. :rolleyes: Ok. Enough said on that.

Anyway-

mollee- go to Dr. Brown. I think you will have a good outcome with him, or Nancy, or even Dr. Gaarb. :smile:

Beener

Originally posted by watercolor
Dr Jude didnt quit, he simply opened his own practice. If he quit he wouldn't have his own practice/office/etc. He simply does not work with Dr. Brown's office anymore. Which is what happens when you are a doctor who goes through another doctor to define his own practice.

You just don't get it, do you? If Dr. Jude does not work at Dr. Bowen's office anymore, then he QUIT working with Dr. Bowen. If you leave your job to get a new one - you quit the old one (unless you're fired, but we're not talking about that).

He QUIT Dr. Bowen's office to open his own practice. Do you not understand the definition of QUIT? :confused:

No one said he quit practicing medicine, but he indeed quit working for Dr. Bowen.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Beener
You just don't get it, do you? If Dr. Jude does not work at Dr. Bowen's office anymore, then he QUIT working with Dr. Bowen. If you leave your job to get a new one - you quit the old one (unless you're fired, but we're not talking about that).

He QUIT Dr. Bowen's office to open his own practice. Do you not understand the definition of QUIT? :confused:

No one said he quit practicing medicine, but he indeed quit working for Dr. Bowen.
Beener,
It is useless. Best thing to do is put It on Iggy.