Picking a new spouse

Z

Zyg

Husband told me if he was diagnosed with a terminal disease who he'd like me to end up marrying once he is gone. I found it rather strange that he even thought about that. Was wondering if anyone else out there would like a say in their spouse's next mate. What's stranger is that we picked the same person.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's...

Zyg said:
Husband told me if he was diagnosed with a terminal disease who he'd like me to end up marrying once he is gone. I found it rather strange that he even thought about that. Was wondering if anyone else out there would like a say in their spouse's next mate. What's stranger is that we picked the same person.

...odd. Are we talking a type of person, personality traits, or he said you should marry 'Jim' when he's gone?

Z

Zyg

Larry Gude said:
...odd. Are we talking a type of person, personality traits, or he said you should marry 'Jim' when he's gone?
He named a specific person based on the person, personality traits, etc. More importantly how he'd treat me and the kids.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...

Zyg said:
He named a specific person based on the person, personality traits, etc. More importantly how he'd treat me and the kids.

...is this like "I want 'Jim' to take care of you when I'm gone because you guys already know and care for one another and he is good to the kids and they love him'? Or what?

People often worry about when they are gone; they build stuff, rewrite their wills once a week, put their name all over things. I mean, it's creeping you out, so, that's not good, but, I guess if his motivations are for what's 'best' for you and the kids, it's just talk, right?

I mean, he's not saying 'sign here on the will that you'll marry ol' Jimbo', right?

Z

Zyg

Larry Gude said:
...is this like "I want 'Jim' to take care of you when I'm gone because you guys already know and care for one another and he is good to the kids and they love him'? Or what?

People often worry about when they are gone; they build stuff, rewrite their wills once a week, put their name all over things. I mean, it's creeping you out, so, that's not good, but, I guess if his motivations are for what's 'best' for you and the kids, it's just talk, right?

I mean, he's not saying 'sign here on the will that you'll marry ol' Jimbo', right?

No, nothing creepy like that. He just doesn't want me to spend my remaining years alone. He has common health problems (blood pressure, acid reflux) but his demise is always on his mind. One little ache or pain and it's terminal with him. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Zyg said:
My husband told me once he'd want me to marry one of his brothers when he dies. I thought he was kidding. :lmao: He wasn't. :ohwell:

mainman

Set Trippin
Zyg said:
He sounds like a control freak...

bcp

In My Opinion
mainman said:
He sounds like a control freak...
or there are young kids involved and he wants to make sure that the "new spouse" is not a pervert or something.

most people dont fear death, most people fear what will happen to those they leave behind.

Z

Zyg

bcp said:
or there are young kids involved and he wants to make sure that the "new spouse" is not a pervert or something.

most people dont fear death, most people fear what will happen to those they leave behind.

That's it. We have 2 small kids and he knows that this guy is a "good guy" and my kids already know him.

bcp

In My Opinion
now that you have a possible answer you need to keep a close eye on the frequency that this conversation comes up.

this is also a break in conversation designed to get the wife to agree with a bisexual forray with the husband and his secret lover.

if he keeps bringing it up and it turns to thoughts of sexual deviation, watch out, the next thing you know they will be playing poker,, and I dont mean the card game.. I mean,, PokeHer..

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Zyg said:

Tell him you want to take a few candidates for "test drives" first. That ought to shut him up! :biggrin:

Z

Zyg

Lugnut said:
Tell him you want to take a few candidates for "test drives" first. That ought to shut him up! :biggrin:

That's how we got me the first time!! :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Zyg said:

What does your neighbor think about this?

mainman

Set Trippin
bcp said:

or he is a control freak....:yay: