Picking a new spouse

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
MysticalMom said:
I'll never have to worry about that. I have forbidden him to die before me. :yay:

I just told him he isn't allowed to take another woman, but has to worship at my shrine for the rest of his days. :biggrin:

He had the nerve to laugh at me. :bawl:

H

hborror

MysticalMom said:
I just told him he isn't allowed to take another woman, but has to worship at my shrine for the rest of his days. :biggrin:

He had the nerve to laugh at me. :bawl:

Hubby told me he could never love another women but I am sure he would be out looking within a year..I mean we are only in our 20s now. There is no way he could not have another love.

My grandfather died at the age of 52 and my Nana has not had another man (as far as we know) she is 83 now.

Pete

Repete
hborror said:
Hubby told me he could never love another women but I am sure he would be out looking within a year..I mean we are only in our 20s now. There is no way he could not have another love.

My grandfather died at the age of 52 and my Nana has not had another man (as far as we know) she is 83 now.
You should hook her up with APS :yay:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Nickel said:
My husband told me once he'd want me to marry one of his brothers when he dies. I thought he was kidding. :lmao: He wasn't. :ohwell:

Actually, that used to be the custom eons ago with Jewish culture. You didn't just marry the person, you married into the family for life. If they died, you married their brother. Long since considered archaic, but with the time period in mind, it made perfect sense. I wouldn't be suprised if things like that still happen in some parts of the world.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chain729 said:
Actually, that used to be the custom eons ago with Jewish culture. You didn't just marry the person, you married into the family for life. If they died, you married their brother. Long since considered archaic, but with the time period in mind, it made perfect sense. I wouldn't be suprised if things like that still happen in some parts of the world.
Well it ain't happenin' in this part. :lol:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Nickel said:
Well it ain't happenin' in this part. :lol:

Didn't say it made sense now (hell marriage doesn't make sense anymore), I was just giving :nerd: info about how the idea wasn't that unusual. :shrug:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
hborror said:

Well I was kidding. :lol: But I should hope if something were to happen to me he would move on. To some rich old widow with no family who will leave my kids all her money. :biggrin:

whoRU??

Zyg said:
He named a specific person based on the person, personality traits, etc. More importantly how he'd treat me and the kids.

And does the "he" in question agree to this arrangement??

Z

Zyg

whoRU?? said:
And does the "he" in question agree to this arrangement??
He and my husband have never met so I don't know. I think his wife would probably tell him so since she wears the pants in their family (atleast from what he tells me). If something happens to hubby, I am staying single!!!

whoRU??

:lmao:
Zyg said:
He and my husband have never met so I don't know. I think his wife would probably tell him so since she wears the pants in their family (atleast from what he tells me). If something happens to hubby, I am staying single!!!

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Zyg said:
Husband told me if he was diagnosed with a terminal disease who he'd like me to end up marrying once he is gone. I found it rather strange that he even thought about that. Was wondering if anyone else out there would like a say in their spouse's next mate. What's stranger is that we picked the same person.

Just make sure he has enough Life Insurance so you wont have to work another day in your life and promise him he's the only one in your life. Then when he croaks go to http://www.rent-a-spouse.com/
Honey, ya only live once so make the best of it....