Piece of $hit Neighbor

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
how big is your back yard? and I guess its a chain link fence?

the electric fence is perfect.... 3 ft to be on the safe side.... and use 3 wires... LOL this way if he tries to squeeze thru he will get the shock of his life.. it wont take long for him to figure it out.

We have two dog areas. One is a split rail with wire mesh and the other is just wire mesh and stakes. Both areas are off the road but within our property lines. Neither butt up against somebody else's line.
My issue is that he'll sue us when his dog gets zapped.
No matter what we do he's going to sue us. That's his game. Doesn't matter what his part might be.
Even if he's guilty as can be (and he is) It'll cost us one way or the other with a counter suit.
Again, he lives for this $hit.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
We have two dog areas. One is a split rail with wire mesh and the other is just wire mesh and stakes. Both areas are off the road but within our property lines. Neither butt up against somebody else's line.
My issue is that he'll sue us when his dog gets zapped.
No matter what we do he's going to sue us. That's his game. Doesn't matter what his part might be.
Even if he's guilty as can be (and he is) It'll cost us one way or the other with a counter suit.
Again, he lives for this $hit.

:battingeyes:.... but you are taking every steps to keep the deer from eating your shrubs and damaging the fence and also you are keeping your dogs in.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
:battingeyes:.... but you are taking every steps to keep the deer from eating your shrubs and damaging the fence and also you are keeping your dogs in.

Funny how the law works in favor of the aholes of the world.
Can already give you his defense/suit.

Calvert County 7-6-401.
Animals At Large.
B-1
When a person is in physical pursuit of an animal that is accidentally at-large, the animal will not be deemed at-large.

"I was in pursuit of my dog and he ran into the electric fence that Mr. Wharf haphazardly place along the fence line."

Seems like a stretch right? Most likely wouldn't wash in the local court giving his record.
But then, the appeals would start. That's where most people are going to lose and where he'll double down on you. I don't have the time to waste or desire to pay a lawyer because his dog runs wild, but that's where it would go.

We've seen it happen to our neighbors and its always cost them. Be it time, money and or frustration.
In the end, nothing changed.

Inkd

A nice refreshing bowl of anti freeze may do the trick. Or if you know anyone that has a paintball or airsoft gun you can keep handy? Unless of course he can see your house and maybe see you light his dog up. I feel for you, that's a terrible situation.

TPD

the poor dad
BB gun. If the dog is full blood stupid, the BB gun will not teach it a lesson and you will need something more powerful...

Hessian

Let's get real here....
Wharf,...with you going public, and posting questionably lawful ideas...well, that could be used against you were things to get "Legal." (ie means & motive & opportunity).
So...in this litigious age:
A) Camera...and 4000 candlepower spot light. Date, time, etc.
B) Vets comments...in writing.
C) Bills for fencing & installation.
D) Document EVERY conversation you have with him,...even record it for your own clarity & record.

If ANY illegal act occurs from this point on, call police /Animal control,---ask to meet with them first--provide the evidence,...and document what THEY do.Next: State's Attorney office.

Any time you start confronting him,...and raising instigation levels...there is a 50-50 chance of you LOSING.
Keep the odds in your favor! Read Legal codes, cite case law to any Peace officer.
Good luck.

Last edited:

acommondisaster

A nice refreshing bowl of anti freeze may do the trick. Or if you know anyone that has a paintball or airsoft gun you can keep handy? Unless of course he can see your house and maybe see you light his dog up. I feel for you, that's a terrible situation.

Awful idea. :( Don't do this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Awful idea. :( Don't do this.

He won't. He's an animal lover and his problem is with the human. And even if he considered it as a possibility, I can tell you right now his wife would go ballistic.

I think most of us realize that Wharf is just blowing off steam over a frustrating situation, and wouldn't really harm either the dog or its owner. Which is too bad because this guy could use a serious ass kicking.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I like the BB gun idea. Avoid the face area. Be sure to hit the owner in the legs or ass.

Roman

Even though it sounds like you are doing everything right, with your property being fenced, it sounds like you will have to put your dog on a leash to go out to pee, with you there. Have your BB Gun, and a good camera handy. Aim for the meaty parts of the hips. No head shots. Just like Baja said. It's a shame that you are the one that has to make preparations just to let your own pup to go out in her own yard, whereas the neighbor just has to let his dog out, and run free. That's not right. I hope that something good comes out of this for you, and your dog Wharf.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
He won't. He's an animal lover and his problem is with the human. And even if he considered it as a possibility, I can tell you right now his wife would go ballistic.

I think most of us realize that Wharf is just blowing off steam over a frustrating situation, and wouldn't really harm either the dog or its owner. Which is too bad because this guy could use a serious ass kicking.

You're right, my wife wood go completely postal on me if I harmed the dog.
As for the neighbor, I'd worry more about my wife getting arrested than me. I'd have no problem having a good old fashion street beat down with him.
Meeting with an officer today (who's also a client of mine) for a little discussion. Also, have a friend who's going to lend and possibly sell me a trail cam tomorrow.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Harming the dog would not be an option. I know Wharf & Mrs Wharf and they are big hearted animal rescue people. Their dogs are their children and are loved and well cared for. Their yard is well cared for and their fence is more than adequate to keep their dogs in. It is a shame that they may have to spend money to keep this nimrod's dog out.
I am familiar with their sue happy, idiot neighbor, too; and know he does not follow ANY rules; beyond animal control leash laws.
After going through the crap we endured at our old house, I can say that if one more Calvert deputy told me "there is no law against being an a$$hole", I was going to go ballistic. I know that moving is not an option for Mr & Mrs Wharf. I do hope they find a solution that does not cause even more problems for them. This guy they are dealing with is a true a$$hole.

acommondisaster

I guess they could sue him for the PTSD they suffered witnessing their dog being attacked so viciously. And dogs probably get PTSD too and needs dog therapy. Slap him with some doctor bills.

acommondisaster

I'm glad to hear that. The thought nearly made me sick to my stomach, and I'm not all that sensitive of a soul.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I think the electric fence is a great idea. If the dog is at large, wanders onto your property and gets shocked, how can you get in trouble? The fence is, after all, on your property.