Pitt Bull Mix attacks 5 year old

G

Gemmi

vraiblonde said:
This is not true. We had a shepherd/boxer mix (or so said the ladies at the pound). We got him when he was 3 months old and he was never taught to be aggressive, nor were we abusive to him in any way. He was fine until he hit about 7 or 8 months, then he became fear-aggressive and would menace or downright attack anyone who came into our house. If anyone so much as walked past our house on the sidewalk, this dog went wild - growling and barking, teeth bared.

We had him with us all the time - he came to work with us and wasn't cooped up alone all day. But that had to stop because if someone came into the office, the dog would attack them.

So it's completely untrue that dogs only know what they're taught.

We had a similar situation with a Lab/Akita mix.He was only about 8 weeks old when we got him.I tried taking him out with us but when he was only about 4 months old he started becoming agressive.I had him neutered and he was a house dog.I tried to break him of it but he would go ballistic if anyone came near or on the property.I was so afraid he would bite someone that I would have to put him outside if I had company.He nipped at the kids several times but never attacked them.I was always a little nervous thinking that it could happen.