Planning a Bachelorette Party...

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
This will be a first for me (the planning aspect), so I'm hoping that some of you ladies might have some recommendations or words of wisdom to offer.

Here are the knowns:
-Late October/Early November timeframe
-8 Bridesmaids (ages 16, 21, 22, 25, 26, 26, 27, 29); three married; not sure if the three youngest will be in attendance or not.
-Bride and most Bridesmaids are located in Baltimore area.
-Bride has expressed interest in a "destination weekend" to the tune of Vegas, NYC, or Atlantic City.

How much is appropriate for me to ask the girls to spend? If we do something like Vegas for two nights, and split the cost of the Bride's expenses, we're looking at around $1K each (incl. flight, accommodations, food, drinks, etc.). Too much?

Considering some of the bridesmaids are married and have young children, would a weekend trip be too much to ask of them? I'd hate to end up with a bunch of no-shows because of something like that. What are your experiences with this?

I'd welcome any other great ideas that any of you might have as to alternate destinations and scheming. Right now I'm just not sure where to start...

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Why not rent a large passenger van/limo and drive to Atlantic City? I was Designated Driver for a bachelor party a number of years ago and I drove the van wherever the Groom and Best man pointed. Be a whole lot cheaper than flying you can do an overnight which would be easier on the bebe's mamas.

Of course there was the next party I drove for but the best man screwed up and couldn't get a van so he got a Ryder Truck and we strapped a picnic table and a couch in the back and just hit all the area spots all night ending the night at Roses where the police showed up. That my friends is a whole other story!!!!

Cowgirl

Club'nBabySeals said:
This will be a first for me (the planning aspect), so I'm hoping that some of you ladies might have some recommendations or words of wisdom to offer.

Here are the knowns:
-8 Bridesmaids (ages 16, 21, 22, 25, 26, 26, 27, 29); three married; not sure if the three youngest will be in attendance or not.
-Bride has expressed interest in a "destination weekend" to the tune of Vegas, NYC, or Atlantic City.

How much is appropriate for me to ask the girls to spend? If we do something like Vegas for two nights, and split the cost of the Bride's expenses, we're looking at around $1K each (incl. flight, accommodations, food, drinks, etc.). Too much?

Considering some of the bridesmaids are married and have young children, would a weekend trip be too much to ask of them? I'd hate to end up with a bunch of no-shows because of something like that. What are your experiences with this?

I'd welcome any other great ideas that any of you might have as to alternate destinations and scheming. Right now I'm just not sure where to start...

:faint: I would never spend that much on a friend....crap, I'd never spend that much on family! Call me cheap, but that is WAY too much. If the bride wants to go to Vegas for the weekend, is it really the bridesmaids' job to pay her way? :confused:

I'd think if the bride wants a really expensive party, she should fork up some money!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Club'nBabySeals said:
we're looking at around $1K each
Holy ####! :faint:

You either have rich friends or you need to scale it down a bit. That's why I only have married friends - nobody asks me to be a bridesmaid so I have to turn them down $$$$

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Club'nBabySeals said:
:bridezilla:

She doesn't get any say-so. She is at the mercy (and pocketbook) of her maid/matron of honor.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My productive suggestion is to get a hotel room in Baltimore and party in Fell's Point or at Power Plant Live.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
flomaster said:
Why not rent a large passenger van/limo and drive to Atlantic City? I was Designated Driver for a bachelor party a number of years ago and I drove the van wherever the Groom and Best man pointed. Be a whole lot cheaper than flying you can do an overnight which would be easier on the bebe's mamas.
:yeahthat:
http://www.7legacy.com

Mike runs a great business and try to get Diane as your driver, she got us the best parking ever at Nissan. (30 yds from the gate) She rocks! :larry:

Last edited:

kalmd

I think a Vegas weekend is way too extravagant, unless you all are rich. Atlantic City wouldn't be too bad, since you could drive there. I've been to a couple at the Hangar Club many years ago, so something like that or if there's another male strip club nearby could be fun. If you do that, make sure you get a penis shaped cake and make her go onstage and a dancer will hold it down there and she'll get to take a bite. That's always a good picture.

This website has some cute ideas: http://www.oz.net/~angiebb/fun/bachparty.htm

kalmd

To include the 16 year old, you could have a slumber party. It's kinda corny, but the 16 year old can't really go out to bars or whatever with you.

I think a slumber party could be fun. You could even hire a male stripper to come. You could all give the bride "gifts" for her wedding night (lingerie, toys, etc).

Here's some cute gave ideas I found at party411.com:

Try a few of these: Get a blown up poster of a very attractive man and play a game of Pin the Body Part. I don't need to give you further explanation on this one. How about a game of "Love is . . ." Write 25 romantic words on index cards, such as throbbing, lips, passion, candlelight, roses, chocolate, and so on. On another 25 index cards, write some silly images, such as ironing board, wallpaper paste, motor oil, nose hair, bikini wax, and so on. Stack the two piles separately, and distribute paper and pencil. Have each player draw a card from each pile. When everyone has two cards, ask them to write a silly love poem using the two words or phrases they have drawn. For example: "Roses are red, they make me hot! Your eyes are sexy, your nose hairs are not!" Have them read their poems aloud one at a time. You might try "Identify the body part." Invite the groom to stop by the party, and have him dress in shorts. Blindfold the guests one at a time, then have the groom hold out a body part. The blindfolded player must touch the body part but without moving her hand, and try to identify what she's touching. Could be anything!!! Have all the guests come dressed in an old bridesmaid dress! They're probably still hanging in your friends' closets and need a place to shine - this is the perfect place! If someone doesn't have an old bridesmaid dress, tell them to pick one up at the thrift store where they're cheap and plentiful! Here's a nice one you can keep clean! Place items in a bag that are primarily associated with me, such as shaving cream, little black book, handkerchief, wallet, baseball hat, hammer, and so on. Personalize it to the groom if you can. Seal the bags, then pass them around the group and have them feel the items through the bags! Write down the guesses, then open the bags and see how many are correct. You might give the winner all the items in the bag!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
vraiblonde said:
My productive suggestion is to get a hotel room in Baltimore and party in Fell's Point or at Power Plant Live.

I went to the Power Plant for my party. We went to the improv. Had a really great time :yay: My husband and his friends went to Atlantic City. Since the soon to be bride is from the Baltimore area she probably wants something a little different but we had a wonderful time and didn't have to go broke in the process. $1,000 is a lot to ask the wedding party to spend. I assume they already have to pay for their dresses, shoes, wedding gift, bridal shower, and bachelorette party.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Club'nBabySeals said:

Here are the knowns:

Maybe if you are feeling really generous, you could pay for the entire thing :smile: