Planning a Bachelorette Party...

J

julz20684

hotmomma said:
I went to the Power Plant for my party. We went to the improv. Had a really great time :yay: My husband and his friends went to Atlantic City. Since the soon to be bride is from the Baltimore area she probably wants something a little different but we had a wonderful time and didn't have to go broke in the process. $1,000 is a lot to ask the wedding party to spend. I assume they already have to pay for their dresses, shoes, wedding gift, bridal shower, and bachelorette party.

I didn't spend an entire $1,000 on my :coughcoughgag: wedding or rather visit to the JOP

cdsulhoff

When I got married I had a first a bridal shower. This was supposed to of been a elegant event. But my Brother in law turn it into a stripper fest.. He paid for 2 different male strippers to come to the bridal shower. Could you imagine the faces of the Grandmas and the religious people in the house. I was red from head to toe. Both of the strippers sucked and were ugly IMO. Then that same night my aunt hired a stripper for my Bachelorette party. OMG that guy was hot! The kitchen was filled with alcohol and gag toys all over the place.. It was a blast. Yes we video taped it. Hubby had three girls strippers as well. He had one girl dancing by herself and then a girl on girl show.. We had fun and his on on tape as well.

I think the Vegas trip is a bit much unless you can do it cheaper. You can have just as much fun near by.. Why not go the a spa resort have a day at the spa and then a night out on the town.

PrepH4U

cdsulhoff said:
When I got married I had a first a bridal shower. This was supposed to of been a elegant event. But my Brother in law turn it into a stripper fest.. He paid for 2 different male strippers to come to the bridal shower. Could you imagine the faces of the Grandmas and the religious people in the house. I was red from head to toe. Both of the strippers sucked and were ugly IMO. Then that same night my aunt hired a stripper for my Bachelorette party. OMG that guy was hot! The kitchen was filled with alcohol and gag toys all over the place.. It was a blast. Yes we video taped it. Hubby had three girls strippers as well. He had one girl dancing by herself and then a girl on girl show.. We had fun and his on on tape as well.

I think the Vegas trip is a bit much unless you can do it cheaper. You can have just as much fun near by.. Why not go the a spa resort have a day at the spa and then a night out on the town.
hmmm this sounds like a good business for you to get into :shrug:

Poohhunny1605

Club'nBabySeals said:
This will be a first for me (the planning aspect), so I'm hoping that some of you ladies might have some recommendations or words of wisdom to offer.

Here are the knowns:
-Late October/Early November timeframe
-8 Bridesmaids (ages 16, 21, 22, 25, 26, 26, 27, 29); three married; not sure if the three youngest will be in attendance or not.
-Bride and most Bridesmaids are located in Baltimore area.
-Bride has expressed interest in a "destination weekend" to the tune of Vegas, NYC, or Atlantic City.

How much is appropriate for me to ask the girls to spend? If we do something like Vegas for two nights, and split the cost of the Bride's expenses, we're looking at around $1K each (incl. flight, accommodations, food, drinks, etc.). Too much?

Considering some of the bridesmaids are married and have young children, would a weekend trip be too much to ask of them? I'd hate to end up with a bunch of no-shows because of something like that. What are your experiences with this?

I'd welcome any other great ideas that any of you might have as to alternate destinations and scheming. Right now I'm just not sure where to start...

Atlantic City would be a good trip, they have lots of strip clubs up there for woman to go to. I believe there is a "Chip n Dale's" up there. Could also cost some money for that trip, but depends on the momma's I'd say.

Otherwise, maybe a night out just bar hopping in a Limo or a Limobus would be fun. I'd say if she is from Baltimore, she probably won't want to go to Baltimore, so do like Annapolis or somewhere like that?

Also, some fun games are to sew lifesavers on a shirt and give that to her and as a game make single guys bite the lifesavers off of the shirt lol..we did this for one of my friends and it was hilarious.

If the 16 year old will be participating, then maybe, I think someone suggested already, a nice girls slumber party with games and stuff..?

If not everyone can agree and the 16 year old is not participating another good idea is a "Slumber Party"(sex toy party) and invite a stripper? Then you have toys and games already to play with lol...Slumber Parties are always fun and w/a stripper there that makes it even better. I refer www.touchtoomuch.com <---Logan is Hot, he dresses up as a cop!! I recommend him :yay: Good Luck! :howdy:

Last edited:

SoMDMama82

vraiblonde said:
My productive suggestion is to get a hotel room in Baltimore and party in Fell's Point or at Power Plant Live.

That's what we just recently did for a friend of mine's party. Not to mention, it was first all nighter away from my baby. There were 6 of us, not including the bride-to-be, who all pitched in and paid for her share of the hotel room. Stayed at the Marriot around the corner from the inner harbor, and took taxi's to the Power Plant. We all had SO much fun!

I wouldn't choke if they had asked me to spend 1K for her bachlorette party! That's just insane!!

lovinmaryland

cdsulhoff said:
Hubby had three girls strippers as well. He had one girl dancing by herself and then a girl on girl show.. We had fun and his on on tape as well. .

Men always have better parties than woman.

I accidentally showed up at a guy friend of mines house the night his buddies were throwing him his bachelor party and ohh my god :jameo: sh*t was going on in there.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Okay, so that was eye opening. Thanks a lot for your input, everyone!

I don't think a slumber party is going to cut it; and since there's a 95% chance the 16 year old isn't going to be attending, anyway, I really don't want to plan the whole thing around her. She's the bride's little sister, and is only a bridesmaid due to family obligation.

Being that most of the girls are from Baltimore, and that they party there rather frequently, I want to do something different and avoid the "same old thing" feeling. The bride and groom actually live downtown on the waterfront, so a bachelorette party there would just be a whole lot of boring for her, I think. That's why I brought up the notion of a destination weekend to the bride, and she agreed.

Perhaps Vegas might be a bit much considering the limitations of this particular group...Many of you seem to have good things to say about Atlantic City, though. I've never been there. Any good recommendations for places to stay and entertainment to look into?

What is an amount that most people would be comfortable spending on a bachelorette party? Obviously my first assumption wasn't in the ballpark...

sccrmommy

When we did my friends party last year we rented a condo in Ocean City for the weekend and paid for her portion and had a stripper come there. It was more fun than I've had in a long time!!!

Cowgirl

I'm I the *only* woman who doesn't want a stripper at her bachelorette party? I don't want some greasy dude shakin' his noodle in my face.

Mabye I'd go to a strip club, where I can sit back away from them and just watch....but even then, I don't think men in speedos are that attractive. Maybe some men in nice boxer briefs. :lol:

lovinmaryland

Cowgirl said:
I'm I the *only* woman who doesn't want a stripper at her bachelorette party? I don't want some greasy dude shakin' his noodle in my face.

Mabye I'd go to a strip club, where I can sit back away from them and just watch....but even then, I don't think men in speedos are that attractive. Maybe some men in nice boxer briefs. :lol:

Your not the only one. :huggy:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I have never been to a male strip club and have no desire to go. I agree that the whole speedo thing is gross.

I think you should ask the bridal party what their budget is and what they had in mind. Like you said, you don't want to plan a trip and have everyone back out cause they can't afford it or don't have babysitters.

cdsulhoff

Back when I was younger, yeah I was into it. But now I am not into the whole gay limp "Noodle" swinging in my face.. Quiet a few of them are gay up at the Hanger club.. At least when I went.. I guess it was a big thing back then.. Is the hanger club even crowded at all any more?

kalmd

Last time I went to the Hangar Club must've been 15 years ago. I don't think most were gay. I know many of them hooked up with the ladies afterwards.