Plax and the Glock-spiel...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The low numbers of Glocks in use by people who shoot for a living, literally, speaks to a frown on the design as well. Their lives are on the line and they seem to prefer a little more safety, too.

:buddies:

I know I kind of skipped over the rest of your post but that is a ridiculous statement. I contend that Glock is just about as popular as it gets when it comes to people who shoot for a living world wide.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I know I kind of skipped over the rest of your post but that is a ridiculous statement. I contend that Glock is just about as popular as it gets when it comes to people who shoot for a living world wide.

...of all the military spec op guys I know, (both of them), neither uses Glocks. One is a SIG guy, one is 1911. If that's not a scientific study, what is? :lol:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
...of all the military spec op guys I know, (both of them), neither uses Glocks. One is a SIG guy, one is 1911. If that's not a scientific study, what is? :lol:

:killingme

Glock model 22 is said to be the mostly widely issued sidearm to U.S. police forces, to start.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Glock model 22 is said to be the mostly widely issued sidearm to U.S. police forces, to start.

...which explains all the holes in the ceiling in po-po locker rooms nation wide.
:lol:

I should have been more specific; I meant military when I said their lives depend on it.

I don't like the ergos, hate the trigger, and they have a face only a mother could love. But to their credit they go *bang* every time you pull that trigger. Ask Plaxico...
Ed:killingme

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think Glocks are great guns, but I only have one because of those two things. The grips are generally too wide for my liking and I don't love the 'squishy' feel of the trigger. I prefer a very crisp (single) action.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, I tend to agree. I think Glocks are great guns, but I only have one because of those two things. The grips are generally too wide for my liking and I don't love the 'squishy' feel of the trigger. I prefer a very crisp (single) action.

The Walther P99 has a smaller grip :yay:

I was going to get the Glock 35, like Sharon has, but went with the Walther instead because of the grip. Same gun, for the most part, with the same trigger safety.

I don't plan on carrying it loaded in my pocket when I go to a bar. :jet:

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Glock Fan

...which explains all the holes in the ceiling in po-po locker rooms nation wide.

I should have been more specific; I meant military when I said their lives depend on it.

Personally, I think people have a completely wrong view of the Glock and that's what causes the problems you refer to. If people simply viewed the gun as a modified, high capacity revolver with the operating premise that if you pull or touch the trigger it fires, then they'd probably have more respect for its safety. But to the guns credit, it does have the safety trigger to offer some protection. The reason for owning such a weapon is you're not standing around in dark saying: "OK, do I push the safety to the left or to the right? Is it up, or is it down?"

I also believe the military is sorry they didn't buy Glocks instead of the Beretta's.

Anecdote relayed purely for Larry's benefit: A friend told me about an incident a couple of days ago where a relative of theirs, who is a LEO in Puerto Rico, shot himself in the hand while trying to put his Glock back in its holster after having cleaned it.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Anecdote relayed purely for Larry's benefit: A friend told me about an incident a couple of days ago where a relative of theirs, who is a LEO in Puerto Rico, shot himself in the hand while trying to put his Glock back in its holster after having cleaned it.

Promise the trigger was pulled and how the hell do you shoot yourself in the hand while re-holstering? At least 2 firearms safety rules had to be broke here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Someone could get killed with one of them things.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Most cops don't have a choice what they carry do they?

They just carry what's issued.

That's like saying the Beretta 92F is the best handgun in the world because every soldier in the Army that carries a sidearm carries a 92F

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Those in the military that have been empowered to chose what they carry.. >90% don't get to chose.

Vince

Personally, I think people have a completely wrong view of the Glock and that's what causes the problems you refer to. If people simply viewed the gun as a modified, high capacity revolver with the operating premise that if you pull or touch the trigger it fires, then they'd probably have more respect for its safety. But to the guns credit, it does have the safety trigger to offer some protection. The reason for owning such a weapon is you're not standing around in dark saying: "OK, do I push the safety to the left or to the right? Is it up, or is it down?"

I also believe the military is sorry they didn't buy Glocks instead of the Beretta's.
The S&W 9mm M&P model. No safety expect you, or just don't chamber a round. Great gun and I've never had an accidental discharge.