Please dont use poison to kill mice or rats

lovinmaryland

I used to catch mice on them all the time. They called them humane but I think lying on a sticky trap, pooping all over myself then dying from dehydration doesn’t seem very humane so I bought regular spring traps instead. :yay:

We sometimes get mice here at the office and one of the gals INSISTED that we use the sticky tape traps...that is until one of them got stuck in the trap by her area, chewed its arm off, and left a trail of blood until it died...not such a humane way to go!

sockgirl77

We sometimes get mice here at the office and one of the gals INSISTED that we use the sticky tape traps...that is until one of them got stuck in the trap by her area, chewed its arm off, and left a trail of blood until it died...not such a humane way to go!

:twitch:

sm8

I was under the impression that they had new requirements on mouse poison so it did not give secondary poisoning. We had a cat once that had got real skinny and sickly so I took him to the vet thinking it was poison from a mouse that came from next door (we had found a part of a dead mouse on the floor looked like a red bouncy ball but definitely was not) the vet told me they could not get secondary poisoning and looked at me like I was crazy.

I have always said if I have to buy mousetraps I wanted the black round boxes that snapped shut once the mouse was inside and you throw the whole thing away. That way you never have to see them.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
They're not poisoness. They just don't work except for anything other than practical jokes. :lol:

They work great for catching snakes, and the only good thing about catching snakes instead of mice on them is that you don't have to worry about ripping the feet off when you remove them.