Plinking ammo

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ain't she a beaut, Clark? Ordered a bunch of ball ammo, #11 caps, powder, etc etc today. Decided to keep her in shape to fire with either cylinder..the cap-fired or cartridge/pin-fired. Clint carried these in Outlaw Josey Wales.

View attachment 122074 View attachment 122075

Well wasn't that a let down. Tried it out the other day....the recoil is almost non-existent. Shot .45LC cowboy loads..which is all the cylinder and barrel are rated for. Will shift over to ball and cap this weekend. I could hardly tell the difference in noise and recoil between this and my Colt Navy .36.

No wonder Clint could shoot these so well with one hand in any direction. ;-)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wish my kid could have gone to the Alexandria waterfront and walked through the warehouses stacked to the rafters at Interarms and spend hours with his grandfather looking at all the artillery in front of and the endless guns and ammo piled up insides.

barrels full of P-08, C-96's, Mauser Rifles ..... etc

black dog

Free America
Well wasn't that a let down. Tried it out the other day....the recoil is almost non-existent. Shot .45LC cowboy loads..which is all the cylinder and barrel are rated for. Will shift over to ball and cap this weekend. I could hardly tell the difference in noise and recoil between this and my Colt Navy .36.

No wonder Clint could shoot these so well with one hand in any direction. ;-)

Yep, not alot of rollback at 10,000 psi. Just the though of cleaning one after shooting BP keeps me from even taking one out of the box.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep, not alot of rollback at 10,000 psi. Just the though of cleaning one after shooting BP keeps me from even taking one out of the box.
Lol..there is that. But I shoot a lot of corrosive primer surplus 7.62 so I'm used to it I guess. Shoot..clean immediately..repeat

black dog

Free America
I never had any problems cleaning up a black powder rifle or pistol. Messy but required.

Hey, I get the Black Powder Phenomenon, Smokeless Powder is a Passing Phase.
I shoot BP cartridge rifles, so not just the firearm, you have to deprime the cases and do a soapy wash asap or they will start growing green or white moss. And do the same with most reloading equipment that you use.
So the thought of disassembly of a revolver, cylinder, nipples and so on,
Just doesn't Flash my Pan. But they are fun to shoot.
pop.pop.pop.pop.pop.pop. is fun for sure... But going BOOM while your upwind of the Smokeless crowd, Truly is Rollin Coal..

20180407_132049.jpg