Police Officer arrests Nurse.

Hijinx

I can't say the cop didn't ask for this in his stupid treatment of that nurse, but I don't see how it can work in the ER.
Perhaps the ER is not included in this order.
When an officer has someone under arrest they must stay with that patient.

It real was a stupid thing for that a-hole to do and the way he did it was outright assault.

Police Firefighters and hospitals must have good working relationships with each other. It's imperative.
They come in contact much too often for some a-holes to screw it up.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think you've made a couple of erroneous assumptions. In the first paragraph "Too many assume the nurse was being bitchy and obstructive", I don't think that's anyone's but possibly officeguys belief. Everyone else thought the cop went full on stormtrooper for no reason. In the last you've inferred that they wanted the blood to clear the truck driver of fault, the majority believes it was much more likely to help provide cover for the persuing police for their inevitable lawsuit.

We also don't know the history of this Nurse.. does she have a history of not supporting the Cops??

As far as we know she could be an anti-cop nurse that has always had an attitude and power struggle with ANY cop that comes in that Emergency room, but EVERYONE is giving her the benefit of the doubt without any facts or background.

As far as we know she may be an anti-FA member screaming KILL THE COPS when she's not in the ER, but that's not what everyone is saying.. She (and all Nurses apparently) is holy white and pure

Hijinx

We also don't know the history of this Nurse.. does she have a history of not supporting the Cops??

As far as we know she could be an anti-cop nurse that has always had an attitude and power struggle with ANY cop that comes in that Emergency room, but EVERYONE is giving her the benefit of the doubt without any facts or background.

As far as we know she may be an anti-FA member screaming KILL THE COPS when she's not in the ER, but that's not what everyone is saying.. She (and all Nurses apparently) is holy white and pure

Maybe you are seeing something there that everyone else missed. Please point it out.
From what I saw the cop went fricking crazy.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Not that it matters a hill of beans but supposedly this happened in the Burn Unit, not the E.R.

Not that it matters a hill of beans but supposedly this happened in the Burn Unit, not the E.R.
I think the article makes it clear the even if this were to happen in the E.R. the police will be discussing their request for blood test(s) with someone other than nurses. :yay:

She very professionally did her job and went out of her way to not only show him and read to him the authorities she was hired and sworn to uphold she also had a supervisor on speaker phone that heard both sides and agreed with the nurse. The cop was wrong for arresting her especially is such a brutal manor. I seriously hope he ends up writing parking tickets for the rest of his career.

Bushy23

Why hasn't a single person said "She should have just listened to the cop and none of this would have happened" like is ALWAYS said whenever a brown person is beaten or shot by cops????

black dog

Free America

As far as we know she may be an anti-FA member screaming KILL THE COPS when she's not in the ER
, but that's not what everyone is saying.. She (and all Nurses apparently) is holy white and pure

The world should be glad your not in LE or a Judge.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Could be. I tend to believe the nurses story because of how the cop reacted, but I admit the possibility is there.

PeoplesElbow

She could be the biggest flaming bitch in the world, but that still is not an arrestible offense (yet).

So what if she doesn't support cops, I had no idea that was a requirement to not being arrested for bull#### reasons.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Why hasn't a single person said "She should have just listened to the cop and none of this would have happened" like is ALWAYS said whenever a brown person is beaten or shot by cops????

Because the situations aren't remotely similar. Not in every case are the cops right or the cirizen wrong.

This_person

She could be the biggest flaming bitch in the world, but that still is not an arrestible offense (yet).

So what if she doesn't support cops, I had no idea that was a requirement to not being arrested for bull#### reasons.

It seemed pretty clear she was following guidance, and pretty reasonable guidance at that. I would hope we would all consider the rights of our fellow citizens, and when asked to violate them question the authority asking us to violate them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
All files were dropped against the Nurse over a month ago..

Yet her LAWYER and her released these videos for public consumption. No charges, yet she has retained a lawyer..

Why is that??

Anybody think they are getting played by this (could be) anti-cop/ activist Nurse and her lawyer?

officeguy

All files were dropped against the Nurse over a month ago..

Yet her LAWYER and her released these videos for public consumption. No charges, yet she has retained a lawyer..

Why is that??

Anybody think they are getting played by this (could be) anti-cop/ activist Nurse and her lawyer?

She is in negotations with the hospital and the police to get this resolved. Her counterparts were not moving so she released the tape to exert some pressure. Looks like it worked.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
She is in negotations with the hospital and the police to get this resolved. Her counterparts were not moving so she released the tape to exert some pressure. Looks like it worked.

Since the Police Chief and the Mayor have both thrown their officer under the bus and NOT supported him even the slightest, I'm sure she'll win a massive award, and yet she didn't even suffer a bruise.

They are playing the masses on social media to score a huge payday, and the public in general is sucking it up.

By resolved I'm sure you don't mean the process to get blood draws when the police need them, but resolved as to how much money is she going to get??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since the Police Chief and the Mayor have both thrown their officer under the bus and NOT supported him even the slightest, I'm sure she'll win a massive award, and yet she didn't even suffer a bruise.

Stop it. That cop was WAY out of line. He should be fired from the police force and charged with assault. He clearly abused his authority and doesn't deserve to be "supported". Cops like this give them all a bad name, especially when the rest of them stand around and don't try to assist a woman who is clearly being assaulted right in front of their face.

There's no defending what this cop did. Trying makes you look foolish.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Utah cop who arrested nurse over blood draw fired from second job

A Utah police detective accused of assaulting and unlawfully arresting a nurse after she refused to let him take a blood sample from an unconscious patient without a warrant was fired on Tuesday from his second job as a part-time ambulance driver.

Jeff Payne was terminated from his job at Gold Cross Ambulance service over comments he made while taking nurse Alex Wubbels into custody on July 26 which were captured on his body camera, Gold Cross president Mike Moffitt told Reuters.

The comments suggested that Payne would bring transients to University of Utah Hospital, where Wubbels worked, while transporting "good" patients to another facility, Moffitt said.

"Those remarks are just not reflective of our company's philosophy and the service we provide and because of that behaviour we felt we had to separate ways," Moffitt said. "His comments reflected poorly on the company and violated several company policies."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ut...om-second-job/ar-AArmuUP?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=ientp

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Stop it. That cop was WAY out of line. He should be fired from the police force and charged with assault. He clearly abused his authority and doesn't deserve to be "supported". Cops like this give them all a bad name, especially when the rest of them stand around and don't try to assist a woman who is clearly being assaulted right in front of their face.

Bull####.. he didn't assault her.. he was calm when he said.. OK, that's enough, you're under arrest.. then she had the hissy fit reaction and tried to get away and resisted..

He didn't hit her, didn't taze her, didn't assault her.. he controlled her as she was trying to get out his grasp while screaming like a child.. HELP me.. somebody HELP me..

If she had just said, OK turned around and put her hands behind her back like a good criminal should, there would have been no event, NONE.. But no, she had to react like a petulant child after she got the reaction she was looking for.

Hijinx

Utah cop who arrested nurse over blood draw fired from second job

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ut...om-second-job/ar-AArmuUP?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=ientp

To be a paramedic you have to work with nurses and the ER.
It is required that you spend time in the hospital for your training.
It is required that you pass on information about your patient when that patient reaches the ER.
It is incomprehensible to me that a person who works part time in the medical field could treat another person in that field in this manner.

This guy has my vote for a-hole of the year.

black dog

Free America

That's really to me the most disappointing part, that the other Officers just stood there and did nothing,,,,, This happens way too often.