Police shoot and kill teenager with air soft gun in St Marys

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A quick trip to FB shows sympathy for the parents but overwhelming support for the cop. There are a few nitwits but they might just be outsiders and trolls. I'm pretty proud of the community tonight. :yay:
 

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He should be pissed off. If my son had been shot the second time "over a knife" and killed....no way that cop isn't being a bully. You have a police officer wearing a VEST and a kid with a fake gun. Cops know the danger of their jobs, and some are just scared and trigger happy.
It was not a fake gun during the incident. I doubt you can understand that though.
 

Tech

Well-Known Member
That is so incredibly foolish to sell them like that. Toy guns need to be painted bright orange in a significant manner so there is no mistaking them at a reasonable distance. If there ever was a justified cause for a lawsuit (against the manufacturer), this is it, IMO.
Why? Gun makers and such will color your firearm in any scheme you wish.
 

rmorse

Well-Known Member
Why? Gun makers and such will color your firearm in any scheme you wish.
Federal law actually currently requires all airsoft guns being sold or imported into the US have a minimum 6mm orange tip and it’s illegal to remove this tip.
 

Tech

Well-Known Member
Federal law actually currently requires all airsoft guns being sold or imported into the US have a minimum 6mm orange tip and it’s illegal to remove this tip.
Some paint will take of that.....meanwhile
156471
 

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
2 dead, 8 hurt in shooting outside Empire State Building


NEW YORK CITY —

A disgruntled laid-off women's accessories designer shot a former co-worker to death in front of the Empire State Building, causing a chaotic showdown with police in front of one of the world's best-known landmarks.

Police killed the suspect and at least nine others were wounded, some possibly by police gunfire, city officials said.

Some of the wounded were grazed by bullets and others hit directly, but all were expected to survive, officials said.

The gunshots rang out on the Fifth Avenue side of the building at around 9 a.m., a time of day when the sidewalks around the building are packed with pedestrians and merchants were opening their shops.




so much for clearing your back field before firing
 

PeoplesElbow

Well-Known Member
2 dead, 8 hurt in shooting outside Empire State Building


NEW YORK CITY —

A disgruntled laid-off women's accessories designer shot a former co-worker to death in front of the Empire State Building, causing a chaotic showdown with police in front of one of the world's best-known landmarks.

Police killed the suspect and at least nine others were wounded, some possibly by police gunfire, city officials said.

Some of the wounded were grazed by bullets and others hit directly, but all were expected to survive, officials said.

The gunshots rang out on the Fifth Avenue side of the building at around 9 a.m., a time of day when the sidewalks around the building are packed with pedestrians and merchants were opening their shops.




so much for clearing your back field before firing
That was 9 years ago and trying to paint our local cops by the actions of NYC cops is as stupid as making assumptions about you by something a NYC resident did.
 

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Federal law actually currently requires all airsoft guns being sold or imported into the US have a minimum 6mm orange tip and it’s illegal to remove this tip.
Yet this is how they are advertised for sale:

And this:

 

rmorse

Well-Known Member
Yet this is how they are advertised for sale:

And this:

Interesting. It’s not just how they’re advertised....there’s customer pictures showing they don’t have the orange tip. I wonder if the law has changed then? I’m not sure how you can sell something that’s blatantly illegal and advertise it all over.

Or I’m completely wrong about the law ¯\(ツ)
 

Tech

Well-Known Member
Well yea, but that’s illegal.

My comment was merely to say that there’s already a law in place to protect kids from dying like this. I understand it’s easily circumvented.
What's illegal? Law covers the import and sales, not the end user of the airsoft.
 

rmorse

Well-Known Member
Are these ghost guns?
I dunno if this is a serious question or not but no, these are not ghost guns. A ghost gun is a firearm made using an 80% lower (a lower receiver that has been milled 80% of the way) and the end user finishes milling the other 20%. It’s called a ghost gun because it’s not actually a working lower when sold; therefore, it’s not required to have a serial number.
 

Tech

Well-Known Member
I dunno if this is a serious question or not but no, these are not ghost guns. A ghost gun is a firearm made using an 80% lower (a lower receiver that has been milled 80% of the way) and the end user finishes milling the other 20%. It’s called a ghost gun because it’s not actually a working lower when sold; therefore, it’s not required to have a serial number.
Was I hash tagging?
156472
 
Top