Police shoot and kill teenager with air soft gun in St Marys

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yep. Remember folks what you say Can and WILL be used Against You.
Very true. It's also a very good idea to install dash cams in ones vehicle to record any police interactions as well, that record in the camera, and stream to the cloud as well. Their demeanor changes when they are told that they too are being recorded.

SeptLady

Not being facetious, but when will the troopers name be known? Is there a reason that information has not been released? I thought they said 24 to 48 hours.

SeptLady

I see the pitchforks and torches mob forming already....
Not really. Just think it is only a right since they gave the boys name out soon after. He was I thought a protective age. Or has that changed. A court date will happen I suppose and his/her name will eventually come out.

SeptLady

Just spitballin' here but maybe it's out of respect for the family - give them a chance to grieve w/o it being in the headlines.
As should the same respect been given to the family of Peyton when they gave his name out in an hours time after the shooting.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not really. Just think it is only a right since they gave the boys name out soon after. He was I thought a protective age. Or has that changed. A court date will happen I suppose and his/her name will eventually come out.
What court date?
They don't release the names of minors who are arrested. The two students shot at GMHS were both released after their family was notified.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Court date?? ...for what?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I assume the family will have some type of day in court.
For what you moron? Because the kid had a very realistic weapon and didn't put it down. There are a number of laws at work here, the law of equal and opposite reaction. You point a gun at someone who has a gun of their own, and they are going to shoot you before you can shoot them or someone else. That's also the law on unintended consequences. Think before doing something stupid.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You know what? I'm pretty damn proud of this county. No one, at least that I know of, went ballistic over the trooper and the family was allowed to say how much they loved their son and grieve w/o putting down the trooper. Maybe that will change - I hope not - but both sides are being respectful and that's a mighty fine thing.
Your post illustrates the simple fact that the event was a tragedy for both..for everyone. That trooper...that disturbed, or even just momentarily very stupid, young man..his family..the extended family and friends of both. Nothing but grief and heartache.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Your post illustrates the simple fact that the event was a tragedy for both..for everyone. That trooper...that disturbed, or even just momentarily very stupid, young man..his family..the extended family and friends of both. Nothing but grief and heartache.
Amen
The state hasn't commented and other to make a memorial type statement about the boy the family hasn't commented either.
All parties accept it as the tragedy it was . Right now I don't think anyone wants to know what was on his mind.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member