Polish Chickens

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Incredible Pictures !

WOW what beautiful chickens! I HAVE to bring my Tolbunt dark roo for you see closely (can keep him in the truck for bio-security sake if you like). I've only ever lost 1 chicken in the past 2 years I've had them and she appeared healthy and one day she just dropped dead (white polish hen). You'll know better than I do if this roo could do well to be bred with a very light Tolbunt hen - the lady I got him from said that's what she recommended I do.

I'll catch you on on PM shortly. I can't wait to see them. I tell people my hens lay well because they get hugs . People laught at me but it's TRUE. My chickens have food ALL the time so when I show up they don't run to me for food, it's hugs they are looking for. Some will fly up to me and I'll sometimes have 3 or 4 in my arms at the same time - silly chickens

Hi. I am in Hollywood and I raise Polish standards in the Tolbunt color pattern and Polish bantams in white crested blues, chocolates, cuckoo, & black and also buff laced Polish bantams. I also breed silkies in several colors. If you need some info on either breed or want to come meet my birds, feel free to email me. My name is Gretchen and my farm is Bare Necessities Farm. Good luck with your chickens!

cosmo00

I have a white polish rooster( beautiful) and just got some of the golden and the black and white ones from Mc Murry several weeks ago. My only problem is that the others keep plucking them bald!

D

dems4me

I have a white polish rooster( beautiful) and just got some of the golden and the black and white ones from Mc Murry several weeks ago. My only problem is that the others keep plucking them bald!

Sometimes they pluck each other like that if there is overcrowding. Are they drawing blood from them? That becomes a problems if it is (once they get the taste for blood). If not, you can buy a salve or something online that is bitter tasting to prevent it and put it on him and your other polishes. Is there a way you can separate them from the others so that it can regrow out the feathers? Albeit temporarily?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I ended up switching my hens to a higher protein feed as I was told that most of the time the picking is to EAT the feathers for the protein. So I picked up the 19% protein White Label feed at the Amish feed store on Rt 236. For the most part the picking is over. I did use some of that "Pick No More" lotion made by Rooster Booster Rooster Booster Pick-No-More Lotion to stop the habit of the picking on some of the lower ranking hens. It works great but you do need to reapply every few days or as needed.

I even have a timid rooster that was being picked by the hens. I used the lotion on him and it helped.

I did move one of the lower ranking hens to the bantam pen where she is doing better and not being picked anymore. I have 2 bantams in with my big girls and those 2 bantams seem to be BIG in attitude so they do well in there.

Sometimes they pluck each other like that if there is overcrowding. Are they drawing blood from them? That becomes a problems if it is (once they get the taste for blood). If not, you can buy a salve or something online that is bitter tasting to prevent it and put it on him and your other polishes. Is there a way you can separate them from the others so that it can regrow out the feathers? Albeit temporarily?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My Silver Laced Polish roo is bald again on his back end ! Those darn hens just won't leave him alone! I guess I'll have to break out the Rooster Booster lotion again? It's like I need a pen just for the feather pickers to separate them from the rest? Poor roo looks awful now.