Politics in 29b.

J

JPC, Sr.

The Wizard!

RoseRed said:
Does your hand cramp up when you spank your monkey?
:larry: I do not own a monkey and I certainly do not approve of any cruelty to animals.

The use of violence is always a sign of failure and weakness of mind. :jameo:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:larry: The long standing traditions of non violent civil disobediance - purposely breaking the law to expose the injustice, and I feel proud of my own application of those principles.

We break the unjust laws and always follow the just laws. :howdy:
But that is contradictory to when you said I am really a legalist, in that I am a nit-picker at obeying any and all laws, is it not? You can’t have it both ways Slick.

Midnightrider

JPC said:
:larry: I like the Tao Te Ching, and it says,

If the people do not laugh then it is not the way. :killingme
i have never read that in the tao lit. i have read, but, just like everything else, you don't seem to understand what it means, and are applying it incorrectly!

J

JPC, Sr.

The Wizard!

Ken King said:
But that is contradictory to when you said I am really a legalist, in that I am a nit-picker at obeying any and all laws, is it not? You can’t have it both ways Slick.
:larry: I really think we can have it both ways. It is those that respect and obey laws that are first to see and realize when injustice starts to appear.

George Washington obeyed laws but he faught the law and the law enforcers when he found that those laws were wrong. It is a proud tradition.
:whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:larry: I do not own a monkey and I certainly do not approve of any cruelty to animals.

The use of violence is always a sign of failure and weakness of mind. :jameo:

:jet: Oh my... :killingme :lmao: :lol: :roflmao:

I need to go get something to wipe off my monitor now. :jameo:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:larry: I really think we can have it both ways. It is those that respect and obey laws that are first to see and realize when injustice starts to appear.

George Washington obeyed laws but he faught the law and the law enforcers when he found that those laws were wrong. It is a proud tradition.
:whistle:
No asshat, George Washington rose in rebellion to an injustice, he made no claim of adhering to any and all laws. Now you, on the other hand, simply lied.

oldman

Lobster Land
JPC said:
:I can do things like shake hands and carry grocery bags, but the right hand does not open fully and has troubles gripping objects, while the left hand has the small and ring finger locked down to the palm.:

Thus was the origin of "can't rub two nickels together".

Midnightrider

Ken King said:
No asshat, George Washington rose in rebellion to an injustice, he made no claim of adhering to any and all laws. Now you, on the other hand, simply lied.
and he also wasn't fighting for the state to give welfare to the children he had abandoned so he could sit around drinking, smoking, and stroking

ylexot

Super Genius
JPC said:
:larry: I like the Tao Te Ching, and it says,

If the people do not laugh then it is not the way. :killingme
The real quote from the Tao Te Ching is:

On hearing of the Way, the best of men
Will earnestly explore its length.
The mediocre person learns of it
And takes it up and sets it down.
But vulger people, when they hear the news,
Will laugh out loud, and if they did not laugh,
It would not be the Way.

We are not vulgar people...well, some of us aren't.

J

JPC, Sr.

The Wizard!

Midnightrider said:
i have never read that in the tao lit. i have read, but, just like everything else, you don't seem to understand what it means, and are applying it incorrectly!
:larry: Reading "Tao" literature without reading the Tao Te Ching is like going to Christianity and not to Christ.

If anyone wants to learn from the best then we have to go to the sourse, and one has got to go alone.

The text I referenced was from the Tao Te Ching, Ma-Wang-Tui text chapter #3.5-8 but I can not find a link to that.

The standard text is chapter #41, and it is worded similarly, Link Here,
:jerry:

Midnightrider

JPC said:
:larry: Reading "Tao" literature without reading the Tao Te Ching is like going to Christianity and not to Christ.

If anyone wants to learn from the best then we have to go to the sourse, and one has got to go alone.

The text I referenced was from the Tao Te Ching, Ma-Wang-Tui text chapter #3.5-8 but I can not find a link to that.

you are such a Fricking idiot. where did you read Tao, in jail?
No big suprise you miss the point.....
I read several different books when i was taking a philosophy class in college, I am sure the understanding i got from that class trumps what you learned sitting on the toilet of your cell in leonardtown.

J

JPC, Sr.

JPC said:

:larry: I forgot to say that Tao Te Ching means, The Way and Virtue Book.

Tao = Way, or The Way,
Te = Virtue,
Ching = Book.

Midnightrider

JPC said:
:larry: I forgot to say that Tao Te Ching means, The Way and Virtue Book.

Tao = Way, or The Way,
Te = Virtue,
Ching = Book.

i guess its pronounced the way its spelled too, right?

no asking the librarian for help :smack:

J

JPC, Sr.

The Wizard!

Ken King said:
:larry: I see I could have said that in a better way and I said it wrong by claiming that I follow and obey "any and all laws". My apologies.

What I mean is that I do try hard to adhere and obey any and all laws, but when my conscience tells me that the law is wrong and hurtful then I disobey it, and if applicable then I will defy any unjust law and stand against those that enforce the unjust laws. Thus I only obey any and all laws or rules that I personally approve of and most of the laws I do obey.
:lalala:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
JPC said:
I only obey any and all laws or rules that I personally approve of
Good golly JPC, you're killing me today. :killingme

I'd love to do that, but I don't like the idea of living like a caged animal. :jameo: