Politics is Downstream From Culture

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
1727890020545.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Wheaton is just pissed off his career of playing dress up is in the tank.

He walked away from Star Trek in the middle, too fuc king clueless to understand a typical stupid teenager, and paid the price for many years ... before he came out as a RAGING Hollywood ULTRA Leftist, I felt sorry for him and as a player of board games one of my early YouTube subscriptions was

Geek & Sundry​

With Felecia Day [ meow ] The Guild and Tabletop with Wheaton ...

Tabletop was awesome .. come'on Star Trek Catan with Jerri Ryan ....

until along midway through the 2nd season, he outed himself, not just with a disagreement on politics ... but a rabid hate spewing far left progressive sometime in 2013 / 14

The Guild was over at that point and I unsubscribed from Tabletop and anywhere I follow Wheaton

I see looking at the Wiki entry for G&S ... the site largely went dormant in 2019

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Activist Localizer CAUGHT Mistranslating Games ON PURPOSE To Push ‘The Message’​

Translation is an 'art' that requires a nuanced understanding of not only languages but also cultural contexts and the integrity of the original work.. and with any art, certain 'activists' will use the cracks to squeeze in personal agendas. Increasingly it feels like those entrusted with the 'craft' of localization are actually doing far more harm than good. This is clearly the case with Katrina Leonoudakis, a notorious figure in the anime, manga, and video game localization industry, who's been caught on camera admitting to changing the meanings of words, while simultaneously being condescending to those who challenge her practices.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Games that cater to gamers sell incredibly well. Wukong outperformed Ubisoft's best AC series in a month.

The rest of it is ad hominem insults and seething:

- You're an incel, stop bodybuilding to hide the fact that people hate you.

- You like freedom because you don't care about the community (and I guess this is why you don't buy work games?)

- Ends with a plea for mental health.

We're breaking their minds.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't play any video games nor do I want to, but I know you do. You make all these gaming posts about what other people are saying, but I want to know what you think. You seem to be the only local gamer posting/commenting. Are there no new games for YOU to play because of DEI/LGBTQ+ themes?

Everything we know: Sweet Baby CEO terrorizing Game Developers until they Embrace Political Agendas

Over the past few years, many gamers have noticed a concerning trend in mainstream video games: an increasing focus on controversial ideological themes at the expense of solid gameplay. From heavy-handed Marxist undertones to divisive gender politics, these games often prioritize pushing certain agendas over delivering engaging and well-crafted experiences. After some digging, it appears that a consulting company called Sweet Baby Inc. may be largely responsible for this shift in the gaming landscape.

In a now-deleted tweet, Sweet Baby Inc. CEO Kim Belair made it clear that the company’s purpose is to “forget about gamers entirely and terrorize video game companies.” This statement has been widely condemned by gamers and industry professionals alike. But before we get to Kim Belair and her terrorist tactics of trying to cancel all who refuse to think like her, we must understand what her company does.

Belair’s statement is a clear indication that Sweet Baby Inc. is not interested in creating games that are fun and enjoyable for players. Instead, the company is focused on using video games as a platform to promote its own political agenda.

This is a dangerous and irresponsible approach to game development. Video games should be a form of entertainment, not a tool for political indoctrination.

Sweet Baby is an absolute power horse in the gaming industry​

Sweet Baby Inc. has been working behind the scenes with various AAA developers, offering guidance on narrative design and character development. However, their influence seems to have steered many games towards becoming vehicles for specific political and social ideologies, rather than focusing on what truly matters – fun and enjoyable gameplay.

As a result, players are left with games that feel more like political statements than entertaining escapes. The inclusion of these controversial themes often comes across as forced and cringeworthy, detracting from the overall experience. It’s a shame to see the gaming industry prioritizing agenda-pushing over the creation of truly great games.

Examples of Sweet Baby Inc.’s Influence

• Battlefield V: Sweet Baby Inc. consulted on Battlefield V, which was criticized for its focus on female soldiers and its portrayal of World War II.
  • The Last of Us Part II: Sweet Baby Inc. also consulted on The Last of Us Part II, which was criticized for its depiction of violence and its treatment of LGBTQ+ characters.
  • Apex Legends: Sweet Baby Inc. did not consult on Apex Legends, but the game’s developer has said that the company’s work on other games helped to create a more diverse and inclusive game.
  • Starfield: Criticized for its lack of innovation and repetitive gameplay.
  • Forspoken: Criticized for its cringeworthy dialogue and lack of polish.
  • Gotham Knights: Criticized for its repetitive gameplay and lack of innovation.
  • Spider-Man 2: Criticized for its lack of innovation and repetitive gameplay.
  • Saints Row (2022 reboot): Criticized for its lack of respect for the source material and its repetitive gameplay.
One of the most notable examples is Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, developed by Rocksteady Studios. The game was criticized for its lack of respect for the source material, as well as its repetitive gameplay and technical issues. The involvement of Sweet Baby Inc. in these games has led to widespread criticism from gamers and industry professionals alike.

In the case of Saints Row, the game’s poor reception led to the closure of its development studio, Volition. This is a clear indication that Sweet Baby Inc.’s influence is having a negative impact on the video game industry.

Sweet Baby Inc.’s Philosophy

Belair’s statement also highlights Sweet Baby Inc.’s overall philosophy towards the video game industry. The company believes that gamers are irrelevant and that video game companies should be forced to create games that conform to its own narrow and divisive political agenda.

In light of Belair’s statement, it is clear that Sweet Baby Inc. should not be involved in any video game productions. The company’s political agenda is incompatible with the goal of creating fun and enjoyable games for players. Game developers should reject Sweet Baby Inc.’s services and focus on creating games that are true to their own vision and values.

Sweet Baby Inc. CEO’s Bullying Tactics Exposed

People have uncovered video clips of Sweet Baby Inc. CEO Kim Belair that show that bullying and terrorizing tactics are nothing new to the company.

In a clip from a game developers conference, Belair proudly explains the method she uses to force bosses at game studios to censor, alter, and “diversify” game projects that she feels are problematic:

“Terrify them” aka threaten them with the anger of the cancel culture mob.

Belair’s Tactics Are Unethical and Unprofessional

Belair’s tactics are unethical and unprofessional. She is using her position of power to bully and intimidate game developers into making changes to their games that they may not agree with.

This is a dangerous and harmful practice. It stifles creativity and innovation in the video game industry.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was casually listening to this reaction video about Big Tech Layoffs .... when this bit played out .....

listen to this young black girl's attitude towards others NOT working in this tech centric world she lives in

Video starts at her comments ... it is only 18 seconds

What a Cunning Stunt ....