Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

So let me see if I get this straight. When it comes to making female faces we are told that the technology isn't there and they just can't make feminine features.

But when they actually show passion for something they end up doing a pretty solid 1:1 accurate representation

1727795860378.png

Horizon Zero Dawn Model for Protagonist ....

Hannah Hoekstra

Hannah Hoekstra as Aloy in Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

SHUT UP, WESLEY: Shazam's Zach Levi Endorses Trump and Neckbearded Nerd Wil Wheaton Can't Deal

It's always funny to watch the Hollywood class -- who always claim to be the most tolerant people on Earth -- show their true colors whenever someone has the audacity to think differently from them. They claim to celebrate 'diversity' (by which they mean everyone but straight, white males) but cannot stand diversity of thought.

We saw an outstanding recent example of this recently when Zachary Levi, the star of the Shazam movies, dared to appear with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard at a Trump campaign rally where he moderated a discussion between the two. But before he began, he announced that he, too, was endorsing Donald Trump for President.

This raised the hackles of former child star and current ... well, nothing, really ... Wil Wheaton, who threw an epic rant on Facebook denouncing one of Hollywood's new superheroes.

Before delving into Wheaton's tantrum, it is worth taking some time to understand Levi's endorsement. He is not a Trump fan. He is a self-professed libertarian. But he also is a realist when it comes to the 2024 election:

My parents were Kennedy Democrats that then turned into Reagan Republicans and they taught me to have a healthy level of distrust for the government and a healthy level of distrust for industry that runs amok.

I stand with Bobby, and I stand with Tulsi, and I stand with everyone else who is standing with President Trump. Because I do believe, of the two choices that we have, and we only have two, Donald Trump, President Trump is the man that can get us there. And he’s gonna get us there because he’s gonna have the backing and the support and the wisdom and the knowledge and the fight that exists in Robert Kennedy Jr. and former representative Tulsi Gabbard.

Levi also cited RFK's support of 'MAHA,' or 'Make America Healthy Again,' as he has long been an advocate of healthier food and an opponent of Big Pharma food since his father died of cancer.

You can watch a video of Levi's endorsement here:

Obviously, these comments were simply SOOOO controversial that Wheaton, the forever whipping boy of Star Trek fans, just had to speak out. Wheaton has blocked huge swaths of people on Twitter and locked down his account on the platform, but posted the following on Facebook:

9ea998c7-4338-4bd6-929b-b6ff302d62cf.PNG

Clem72

Dry chem on a Class A fire. Better than nothing I guess. I must be old but I remember when big stores had fire hose reels in them
I saw them use one in a price club in the late 80s. The water that came out of that hose was one of the top 3 worst smelling things I have ever experienced.

Clem72

SHUT UP, WESLEY: Shazam's Zach Levi Endorses Trump and Neckbearded Nerd Wil Wheaton Can't Deal

It's always funny to watch the Hollywood class -- who always claim to be the most tolerant people on Earth -- show their true colors whenever someone has the audacity to think differently from them. They claim to celebrate 'diversity' (by which they mean everyone but straight, white males) but cannot stand diversity of thought.

We saw an outstanding recent example of this recently when Zachary Levi, the star of the Shazam movies, dared to appear with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard at a Trump campaign rally where he moderated a discussion between the two. But before he began, he announced that he, too, was endorsing Donald Trump for President.

This raised the hackles of former child star and current ... well, nothing, really ... Wil Wheaton, who threw an epic rant on Facebook denouncing one of Hollywood's new superheroes.

Before delving into Wheaton's tantrum, it is worth taking some time to understand Levi's endorsement. He is not a Trump fan. He is a self-professed libertarian. But he also is a realist when it comes to the 2024 election:

Levi also cited RFK's support of 'MAHA,' or 'Make America Healthy Again,' as he has long been an advocate of healthier food and an opponent of Big Pharma food since his father died of cancer.

You can watch a video of Levi's endorsement here:

Obviously, these comments were simply SOOOO controversial that Wheaton, the forever whipping boy of Star Trek fans, just had to speak out. Wheaton has blocked huge swaths of people on Twitter and locked down his account on the platform, but posted the following on Facebook:

9ea998c7-4338-4bd6-929b-b6ff302d62cf.PNG

Politics aside, I really liked this guy since I first saw him in Chuck and I always wondered why he wasn't more popular. There really aren't a lot of guys who can sort of fit the role of both "nerdy" and "heroic", it's usually the case that they just take a classically heroic figure, and slap some glasses on him (ala superman).