Politics of Covid-19

WingsOfGold

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Here is a good report, (with 8 pages of citations), relating to good health, (and the causes of bad health), and the factors that make it so.

The western diet and lifestyle and diseases of civilization

"Abstract: It is increasingly recognized that certain fundamental changes in diet and lifestyle that occurred after the Neolithic Revolution, and especially after the Industrial Revolution and the Modern Age, are too recent, on an evolutionary time scale, for the human genome to have completely adapted. This mismatch between our ancient physiology and the western diet and lifestyle underlies many so-called diseases of civilization, including coronary heart disease, obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, epithelial cell cancers, autoimmune disease, and osteoporosis, which are rare or virtually absent in hunter–gatherers and other non-westernized populations. It is therefore proposed that the adoption of diet and lifestyle that mimic the beneficial characteristics of the preagricultural environment is an effective strategy to reduce the risk of chronic degenerative diseases."

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘I don’t know how much more we can take’: Northeast Ohio health care providers reveal what’s happening within hospital walls

Often, these health care heroes are treating people who are abusive and combative toward hospital staff, having refused to take the simple preventive step of getting vaccinated. Some of these patients spend their final breaths denouncing the science behind the vaccine -- or regretfully wishing they had gotten one.

And the numbers speak for themselves. More than 800,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the U.S. as of Wednesday. And while unvaccinated people face 20 times the risk of dying from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated and received booster shots, less than 30% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated and boosted.

:cds:

Breathlessly ......... If They Had Only

Not Eaten So Much McDonald's
Engaged In Gay Sex
Not Smoked 2 Packs A DAy
Worn Their Seat-belts
Stepped of the Curb in Front of that Bus
Paul Walker Hadn't been in the car with his Friend Speeding

herb749

Since I haven't had covid, once you test positive what do they tell you to do beside quarantine .?

Do you take any meds or drink lots of fluids or vitamins. What do you do.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Since I haven't had covid, once you test positive what do they tell you to do beside quarantine .?

Do you take any meds or drink lots of fluids or vitamins. What do you do.
Doesn't matter. They got what they wanted, a positive (fake) test result in the system. Bed rest they'll, say along those lines.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Texas mom charged after teen child found in trunk of car at COVID-19 testing site

A Houston-area mother whose 13-year-old child previously tested positive for COVID-19 is facing charges after the teenager was found in the trunk of her car at a drive-thru testing site.

Sarah Beam, 42, who is a teacher for the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, is charged with felony endangering a child, according to court documents.

"CFPD was alerted that a child was in the trunk of a car at a drive-thru COVID-19 testing site earlier this week," a Cy-Fair ISD statement to Fox News said. "Law enforcement conducted a full investigation, resulting in a warrant for arrest."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

So what are the lessons we can learn from this? Well, if you belong to the proper ideology, you can avoid being accused of running a death cult, being the Angel of Death or courting anti-vaxxers by promoting monoclonal antibodies. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have mask mandates or have lower than average vaccination rates, you can avoid most media criticism.

Four of the top five states in current case rates are either run by Democratic governors or where the populace overwhelmingly voted for Joe Biden. All are also seeing hospitalizations rising significantly too.

It’s remarkable how it works, isn’t it? When cases are rising in areas where the incorrect set of political beliefs is dominant, it’s a moral failing that would be easily preventable if masks were mandated or vaccination rates improved.

When cases rise in areas with the correct set of media approved political beliefs, no matter what the vaccination rates are or mask wearing rules, it’s an unfortunate barrier to be overcome and an unavoidable increase likely due to seasonal effects and infinitesimal percentages of unvaccinated Trumpers. Or unmasked kids.

This was an entirely predictable sequence of events, and exactly the same pattern we saw last year. Cases rose in the South during the summer, leading to mass criticism of free-dumb loving Covidiots, only for colder climates to take off a few months later to deafening silence.

The media never learns. Purposefully never learns. They’re unable to accept that the spread of a highly infectious respiratory virus is not a moral examination to be passed or that there’s essentially no correlation with government intervention and better COVID outcomes.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My Debate with an ICU Doctor About the Possible Dangers of the COVID-19 Vaccine

Dear David,

First, I read and answer all my own emails. I'm answering you personally. I don't engage in ignorant terms like "moron" toward people that disagree with me.

[clip]

Sixth, as a M.D., why don't you pay attention to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System? It's been the gold standard for decades to identify if any vaccine is causing more harm than good.

This COVID-19 jab may have killed over 21,000 Americans. That's separate from the cardiac arrests, strokes, blood clots and permanent disabilities that could be associated with the vaccine. And this jab has potentially caused a staggering 1 million "adverse effects." These numbers are from VAERS -- user-reported data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Seventh, are you aware Columbia University researchers found that adverse events associated with vaccines could be vastly underreported? They suggest you must multiply by 20 to approximate the accurate number of deaths and injuries. So according to the math of Columbia researchers, there are actually over 400,000 deaths and millions of injuries that could be tied to the vaccine.

How could you doubt VAERS? Pfizer's own research showed that there were 1,200 deaths during the initial first few weeks of their vaccine rollout. That's Pfizer's reporting.

Anyone who wants the vaccine should get it. It's called choice. They should thank former President Donald Trump for the availability of this vaccine.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As ‘Sophisticated and Vaccinated’ Catch COVID, Media Dials Down Panic Level

I’m so old that I remember when a New York Times reporter said Barack Obama’s birthday party last August was a COVID-safe event because of the ‘sophisticated, vaccinated crowd‘ that attended.

A clip of Annie Karni, a White House correspondent for the New York Times speaking on CNN quickly spread on social media with critics berating her for justifying the party using such terms.
Quoting people from her own story, Karni said that residents on the island of Martha’s Vineyard where the party was being held had given her various reasons as to why COVID concerns were low.

‘This has really been overblown, they’re following all the safety precautions, people are going to sporting events that are bigger than this, this is going to be safe, this is a sophisticated, vaccinated crowd and this is just about optics it’s not about safety,’ Karni stated.