Poll: 43 % of Americans are retarded.

Hank

my war
OK but, the way that's worded is specific, yeah; "do you believe divine intervention helped St. Timothy?" and that means 'do you think God actually helped Tim win?". However, what does that really mean? People claim God helped them all the time; helped them deal with a tragic loss (not a game or other triviality) , helped them get sober, helped them avoid an accident, helped them understand something better, helped them gain peace of mind.

To many people that doesn't mean intervention in that God actually physically did anything but, that faith played a direct role. Faith, belief, ability to loosen ones sense of control in order to just relax, do you best and leave the results in 'Gods hands' and that includes losing. 'God works in mysterious ways'. A person who believes in Christ can't believe God actually helped him win because they would also believe that it would be Gods will if he lost and Tim, a Christian, would go about assuming it is all part of Gods plan and to simply accept the result and try to figure out how to do a little better next time. The whole concept is to find a way to do ones best in service to their lord and let Him worry about the rest.

I am an agnostic and I think it is obvious God 'helped' Tim Tebow do his job better be it a win or a loss. His faith allows him to commit to the best of his ability to what he has chosen to do. To just go out there, give it his best without fear and leave the rest in Gods hands.

I think it is interesting as to why this fear of this, of the peace and serenity some faithful folks gain through active practice of their religion that bothers other people so much. He's not running the universe. He's playing a game.

The (full) Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Booo!!!! :lmao: :evil:

You grow more than flowers up there, dontcha? :cool:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider

Hank

my war
This coming from an Obama supporter? :duh:
And from an illegal immigrant supporter? :jameo:
So, I guess, putting this in the sports section makes you an athletic supporter...:smack:

Knowing these facts, should you REALLY have used the word "retarded" in reference to someone else?? :otter:

No thread that mentions Jesus gets away from you!!! :lmao:

Baz

This. ------------------>
This coming from an Obama supporter? :duh:
And from an illegal immigrant supporter? :jameo:
So, I guess, putting this in the sports section makes you an athletic supporter...:smack:

Knowing these facts, should you REALLY have used the word "retarded" in reference to someone else?? :otter:

:confused:

You must have a different definition of "fact" than the rest of us. No matter.

R

retiredweaxman

:lol:

I'd also like all those who point to the sky after scoring a TD to look up and shake their fist angrily every time they throw a pick or drop an easy catch.

Didn't Steve Johnson do something like that a couple of years ago when he dropped the winning TD vs the Steelers?

If I remember, he basically said something like, "I pray to you God every day. How could you let something like that happen to me?"