Pollen

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I was bad yesterday. After my ears cleared, I had a raging headache, today has been much better so I'm in and out doing stuff outside.

I used to get killer allergy headaches and would have to use a wet hot towel on my neck to get my sinuses to drain. Told my chiropractor about it, he adjusted something in my neck and pollen induced allergies no longer bother me.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I used to get killer allergy headaches and would have to use a wet hot towel on my neck to get my sinuses to drain. Told my chiropractor about it, he adjusted something in my neck and pollen induced allergies no longer bother me.

You are the 2nd person who has told me this... this week. I have been encouraging my husband to see a chiropractor soon due to some neck issues.

As for me, I only get, maybe, 3 really bad headaches a year, yesterday was one of those days. Before I had surgery for a deviated septum, I had headaches on the daily.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You are the 2nd person who has told me this... this week. I have been encouraging my husband to see a chiropractor soon due to some neck issues.

As for me, I only get, maybe, 3 really bad headaches a year, yesterday was one of those days. Before I had surgery for a deviated septum, I had headaches on the daily.
Yeah, but I don't have video of it so it might not be true. :shrug:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Felt the onset of allergy ills yesterday. Today, they hit me like a bus. Head fills like a drum.....a tightly packed drum. Generic Allegra this morning and Tylenol twice today already. Gonna try hot compress and heating pad tonight after a hot shower.

And so it begins.....yaaaay.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
Felt the onset of allergy ills yesterday. Today, they hit me like a bus. Head fills like a drum.....a tightly packed drum. Generic Allegra this morning and Tylenol twice today already. Gonna try hot compress and heating pad tonight after a hot shower.

And so it begins.....yaaaay.....

probably have an infection by now, try mucinex, saline sprays and drink water. If you can loosen up the crude and getting running you might feel better.
Sinuses are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, warm, moist and dark. Good luck.

BTW, the usual 10 day anti-biotic treatment is only a temporary reprieve, it usually doesn't knock the infection out completely and it comes back in short order.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Local honey works for me. It's sorta like anti venom/vaccination; a little dose of what ails you to cure you. Local, like SOMD local, bees are all about the local pollen, obviously.
Find you a local apiary and get you some. I started withe a spoon full every morning. I'm in fantastic shape. Week before, kinda ruff, pre bee vomit.
:buddies:

Vince

Is covering everything right now. My asphalt driveway has quite a yellow hue to it and my car looks like it has had dirt dumped on it.

What is this pollen from? The place I grew up had more trees than southern Maryland but we never had pollen like this, infact I don't ever remember seeing pollen before I moved here.
Most people never had allergy problems before moving here. :lol:

I heard that pollen was so bad this year, that junkies were turning their meth back into sudafed.

HA!

I'm usually suffering right now, but this year I've been using Flonase and Zyrtec every morning and have had virtually no problems. Got one nasty sinus headache one day, but a shot of Afrin and a couple of acetaminophen took care of it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
HA!

I'm usually suffering right now, but this year I've been using Flonase and Zyrtec every morning and have had virtually no problems. Got one nasty sinus headache one day, but a shot of Afrin and a couple of acetaminophen took care of it.

:yay:

I also use Flonase every day and take an antihistamine. If I get a little stuffy, I use sudafed. I can generic pseudoephedrine (behind the counter) but phenylephrine (over the counter) doesn't work as well for me.

If I feel a lot of congestion coming on, I also start using the Neti pot every day - twice if I need to. I am very prone to a sinus infections and I really try to avoid them.

DEEKAYPEE8569

The rain is gone..... Sorry. Couldn't stop myself.

I blame the pollen.:drummer::whack:

I realize no one will get it. I think it's funny. Stop picking on me!

I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me down.....:singer:

I caught the song reference Tami :biggrin:

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

HA!

I've started my daily regimen of fluticasone, Tylenol and fexofenadine; and none too soon. My head feels like a tank.

Hannibal

Been medically disproved...

Then I'll enjoy the placebo effect.

With my wife being "crunchy" (see other posts about natural oils and such), we've done the local honey thing for a few years now with great success. Much improvement from years past. And while I am sure there are numerous variables in play I'm sure, I am going to keep doing what's worked recently. If nothing else, it tastes really good.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Then I'll enjoy the placebo effect.

With my wife being "crunchy" (see other posts about natural oils and such), we've done the local honey thing for a few years now with great success. Much improvement from years past. And while I am sure there are numerous variables in play I'm sure, I am going to keep doing what's worked recently. If nothing else, it tastes really good.
I take it you've had homemade whiskey and honey cough syrup. :yum: