Pollen

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, let's look at this logically, Bees only pollinate some trees. They do not, for example, pollinate gymnosperms, and many angiosperm trees are wind pollinated. Same with grasses.

Right, and logic dictates that the pollen that gets blown around from all over the place would, logically, be collected, if only by accident, by the bees. So, logically, it gets in their mix whether they mean to or not. So, you've got a nice stew of all the local pollen of all types.

Now, when we observe the plastic flower, that pollen does not tend to mix as readily throughout the area. Unless there is a tornado. :lol:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well for ####s sake don't tell my nose or eyes or throat.

This time of year I have a scratchy throat, itchy eyes, some runny nose and usually clogs at night. Since I started local honey 5 days ago, I am in great shape.

:buddies:

Sounds like me. I can sympathize. This year's gonna be a bad one. I see it already.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then I'll enjoy the placebo effect.

With my wife being "crunchy" (see other posts about natural oils and such), we've done the local honey thing for a few years now with great success. Much improvement from years past. And while I am sure there are numerous variables in play I'm sure, I am going to keep doing what's worked recently. If nothing else, it tastes really good.

Yup. Simply fabulous. I look forward to that as much as coffee every morning because I am only having a spoonful a day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sounds like me. I can sympathize. This year's gonna be a bad one. I see it already.

I am stunned how well this is working for me. Before last Thursday, I was itching my eyes like crazy, the scratch in the throat was annoying as hell and sinus gummed up every night.

Having amazing results. :buddies:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I am stunned how well this is working for me. Before last Thursday, I was itching my eyes like crazy, the scratch in the throat was annoying as hell and sinus gummed up every night.

Having amazing results. :buddies:

So, this local honey that has helped you; where can I/any other interested parties get some?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, this local honey that has helped you; where can I/any other interested parties get some?

You don't want Fredneck honey. You want to find an apiary where you live, presumably SOMD? They're always at farmers markets 'n such. I found several in a quick search. The key is local pollen being in there. And you wanna make sure it is THEIR local raw honey. Some folks filter some of the larger debris out of it to make it pretty. Some sell honey from out of area along with their own. So, just ask.