Poof Be Gone

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I had my long hair cut off a while back into a very short cut. I like it being short. I've gone back twice for trims and made some slight adjustments with my front being a touch longer, but last time I told her I don't like the "poof", for lack of a better word (see the image). I still have the poof. :ohwell:

The thing is unless I style my hair everyday - which I definitely do not, the poof works against me with my short wavey hair and I look a hot mess. My co-worker says I look "wind-blown".

I'm thinking I'm going in today and asking for a pixie cut, but I'm afraid that will be too short.

Any other ideas for getting the poof out of my hair? Or how to better communicate with my hairstylist about ridding myself of the poof?

Attachments

• poof.jpg
    poof.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 185

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It actually sounds like it looks good. I'm just not seeing a negative in that description.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It actually sounds like it looks good. I'm just not seeing a negative in that description.

It looks good and is a great haircut, if I take the time to style my hair.

Which I don't.

Instead I have that big poof on the back of my head and the remainder of my hair flips and twists in random different directions - which looks kind of like I got scared by the devil. :lol:

It gets worse as the day goes on as I try to tuck, smush or smooth it out. :ohwell:

I did try explaining this to the hairdresser - I do not use products or style my hair every day. I need something that I can just run and go with.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I like the poof too. I have a longer version of that cut and my hair looks ridiculous if it isn't styled every day.

Maybe ask for not so many layers so the back will get weighed down and not do the poof. :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I like the poof too. I have a longer version of that cut and my hair looks ridiculous if it isn't styled every day.

Maybe ask for not so many layers so the back will get weighed down and not do the poof. :shrug:

Plan - not as many layers in the back. See I knew there was a wording problem.

Roman

If your hair is thick, maybe just thin it out in that area. I had short hair for over 30 years. Now that it's long, I have no trouble with styling, or blowing it dry. Just wash & go.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
I like the poof :ohwell:

:Iambringingbighairback:

Ok, you post that and this popped into my head.
Sing to the tune of "sexyback":

"Get your big hair on

She's bringin big hair back,
Them short-hair girls don't know how to act.
She thinks it's special to keep it black,
So turn around and she'll poof up the back.

Take 'em to salon

Dirty hair,
You see the sink now,
Lay back over there,
She's gonna wash and treat it with care,
It's just that no one else makes it feel so fair.

Take 'em to the rinse..."

Ok, you post that and this popped into my head.
Sing to the tune of "sexyback":

"Get your big hair on

She's bringin big hair back,
Them short-hair girls don't know how to act.
She thinks it's special to keep it black,
So turn around and she'll poof up the back.

Take 'em to salon

Dirty hair,
You see the sink now,
Lay back over there,
She's gonna wash and treat it with care,
It's just that no one else makes it feel so fair.

Take 'em to the rinse..."

:lol: omg

MarieB

If your hair is wavy, she should not have given you short layers. Really a stacked cut really isn't the best cut for wavy hair. At minimum you need longer layers as someone pointed out.

A hairdresser did that to me once, and it was awful until it grew out.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Shot, I'm considering Carol's look on the Walking Dead. At least I know my hair will stick up on its own.

I've sported both of these looks in the past. They really are a solution to hair "issues". :killingme

Miggy, you are beautiful, don't worry about your hair.

I had my long hair cut off a while back into a very short cut. I like it being short. I've gone back twice for trims and made some slight adjustments with my front being a touch longer, but last time I told her I don't like the "poof", for lack of a better word (see the image). I still have the poof. :ohwell:

The thing is unless I style my hair everyday - which I definitely do not, the poof works against me with my short wavey hair and I look a hot mess. My co-worker says I look "wind-blown".

I'm thinking I'm going in today and asking for a pixie cut, but I'm afraid that will be too short.

Any other ideas for getting the poof out of my hair? Or how to better communicate with my hairstylist about ridding myself of the poof?

Don't think of it as "wind-blown", think of it as "beachy" :cool:

Plan - not as many layers in the back. See I knew there was a wording problem.

You could also show her this picture and tell her this is what you don't want :yay:

If your hair is wavy, she should not have given you short layers. Really a stacked cut really isn't the best cut for wavy hair. At minimum you need longer layers as someone pointed out.

A hairdresser did that to me once, and it was awful until it grew out.

I have curly hair and although my hair isn't "short" I like my layers a little higher because if they're too long my hair can look boxy. Maybe that's why she gave the shorter layers :shrug: