Poor Momma Hound Dog

J

jp2854

I would LOVE to have the momma, but I just can't have any other female dogs in the house. I've tried and tried but my one female dog will have no part of it. :frown:

i have the opposite problem. Bruno doesn't like male dogs at all...She growls at them and her hairs stands off the back of her neck. I wasn't here when the jerk brought his dog in. He heard bruno growling and he said oh its just fine my dog needs to be socialized (mind you his dog lives outside and has nobody to socialize him and get him calmed down or take him for walks or be around other dogs as he lives in a kennel in there backyard they only use him for hunting) so he brings the dog to the store and he knows for a fact that bruno doesn't like him but he says its ok. Well next time he brings the dog in I am going to speak my mind and plan on telling him to keep his hyper unsocialized dog out and take it to the dog park and let it run with other dogs that are the same way. Also his dog has never been around other dogs either so what does he do he brings it in the store knowing very well that bruno is in there. I hate being a biatch but that is what i am going to have to be from now on til he gets the hint and if he doesn't listen i might just have to ban him from coming back.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
i have the opposite problem. Bruno doesn't like male dogs at all...She growls at them and her hairs stands off the back of her neck. I wasn't here when the jerk brought his dog in. He heard bruno growling and he said oh its just fine my dog needs to be socialized (mind you his dog lives outside and has nobody to socialize him and get him calmed down or take him for walks or be around other dogs as he lives in a kennel in there backyard they only use him for hunting) so he brings the dog to the store and he knows for a fact that bruno doesn't like him but he says its ok. Well next time he brings the dog in I am going to speak my mind and plan on telling him to keep his hyper unsocialized dog out and take it to the dog park and let it run with other dogs that are the same way. Also his dog has never been around other dogs either so what does he do he brings it in the store knowing very well that bruno is in there. I hate being a biatch but that is what i am going to have to be from now on til he gets the hint and if he doesn't listen i might just have to ban him from coming back.

This needs it's own tread. :eyebrow:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:lol: Maybe. :wink: Bring him over for a sleepover and see how well he gets along with the brood.

He likes to go after bigger dogs, and he is not afraid of a fight. :lol: But that's only if his brother is around. If he's solo, he usually does pretty good and play the passive role.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Sending my representative up to Tri-County to fill out paperwork for the boy. The female pup is already spoken for.

Hope I get him. I was just saying the other day that I really really wanted a bloodhound. :lol: I need a puppy after adopting the old old guy. :yay:

:clap: did you hear if you get him or not?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I got him. I pick him up Tuesday. :yay:

:huggy:.....

:howdy:hey... hounds do better when they have a job..... oohhhh lets get together and do some training with the dogs.... you will have fun making a working bond with your pup!!!! :cartwheel

I know mine would love to get back to work more than they do!!! :buddies:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I have a question ... My (err) ex-SIL has a bloodhound and she can get smelly at times (very sweet dog minus the smell). I thought that was par for that breed? And do they make doggie deodorant so you are not always giving them a bath?

Christy - good for you! :yay: I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with him.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I have a question ... My (err) ex-SIL has a bloodhound and she can get smelly at times (very sweet dog minus the smell). I thought that was par for that breed? And do they make doggie deodorant so you are not always giving them a bath?

Christy - good for you! :yay: I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with him.

oohhh they do have a funk to them.... as most hounds do. Is she an inside or outside dog? they do have sprays for dogs... but make sure it have conditioners and oils for the skin... but this could be a catch 22.. as hounds usually have a more oily coat from what im noticing. I do spay my dogs.. but it only helps for a little while...... now I have also learned that hounds tend to have more yeast on their skin and in the folds where infection and yeast infections can come up.. this could be an issue as well

I can PM you a good shampoo to use to help rid the yeast on their skin/coat.