Port Security Poll

Whats your stance on the new Port Security concept

• Total voters

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. There is no new security concept that I am aware of. All that is happening is one foreign company buying out another foreign company. Nothing will change with our port security; it will remain miniscule at best as it always has.

This hasn’t been a problem when other nations such as China or the UK own a company operating in the US but now it’s a major problem when a friendly Arab country does. Yeah, this will go over real well with our allies in the Middle East or those we want to be unifying versus divisive.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Please don't take offense to this but, I've thrown out all expectations and hope of having any meaningful or rational dialog with you. I would recommend that you progress to the next victim on your "indiscriminate spewing off of idiocy to" list, I'll pass on your question. No offense :huggy: :flowers: :huggy:
And that is all she has to say about that. :coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
To save time because I'm at work -- are you for or against, inbetween or unaware. Thanks! :flowers: BTW I created this to be a pubilc poll - other viewers can see which option you opted for.
Misleading poll.. you must be a democrat..Fix the poll to get the results you want.. NOBODY is taking over port security, the new company will have NO say about what ships come and go, they won't be inspecting ships at sea.. they will be doing terminal operations.. loading and unloading cargo at ports still protected by the Coast Guard, Customs.. Bay Authority etc..

THe same people will be working there next month that are working there now.

Press trying to make something out of nothing, and people are sucking it up , hook line and sinker..

ylexot

Super Genius
Fox News just had somebody from the NY Port Authority and he explained what "operational control" meant...can I change my answer from "I'm in between, lets wait and see" to "Yes, I'm for it"? He said many of the same things that others on here have said. I.e. "the workers won't change, just the uniforms" and "security is still controlled by the US". This really is a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

D

dems4me

itsbob said:
Misleading poll.. you must be a democrat..Fix the poll to get the results you want.. NOBODY is taking over port security, the new company will have NO say about what ships come and go, they won't be inspecting ships at sea.. they will be doing terminal operations.. loading and unloading cargo at ports still protected by the Coast Guard, Customs.. Bay Authority etc..

THe same people will be working there next month that are working there now.

Press trying to make something out of nothing, and people are sucking it up , hook line and sinker..

Just for you and MMNad :smile: http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?t=68800