Predict the Skins record...

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I don't think I'm too worried about the Steelers record right now.

...I guess it's simply a result of the schedule, playing the NFC east and being good year after year, however, it just seems like the Steelers are playing the GAME OF THE WEEK every damn week. Next week they get the Titans.

I am stunned at how high a level they play at, play after play after quarter after quarter after game after game. They are honestly not much better than most anyone else, unlike the dominant recent Colt/Pats teams, and they have to gut out game after game and it is just amazing to me how they keep it up with no breathers, no blow outs, nothing coming easy.

Their games are tense, intense and a joy to watch as a football fan.

What got left out of last nights HORRIBLE call was the fact that the line held their blocks, the receivers didn't quit and Ben made a HELL of a throw.

Major props to the Pittsburgh Steelers. GREAT football!!! :buddies:

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

...between you and me, I'd trade Portis, Moss, Samuels, Thomas and Carter for picks and get what I could get or just let go of Springs, Smoot, Taylor Fletcher, Griff, Kendall, Rahbach and anything else of value.

This team was built on one side from the defensive backfield forward and the other a line that has simply aged and never had enough talent at WR. You can get by with Brunnel or Campbell IF you've got the line AND the skill people. We did under Theisman and Rip and Doug. You can't get by with a mediocre QB if either the line or WR"s are lacking.

Time to REBUILD. First time Vinny suggests a trade that costs us any picks, he is off to the gulag.

:buddies:
Cleaning house? Get rid of West Coast offense???

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Cleaning house? Get rid of West Coast offense???

...get RID of it? We have the wrong type of O linemen for it. We have big man blockers instead of more athletic and smaller zone types. We don't have anyone who can run a quick slant. Our tight end is a little short for running down the seam behind the linebackers and we don't have anyone big enough to fend CB's off on quick outs. AND we don't have the QB for it. Jason takes way too long to make up his mind and has fallen back into last years habit of not even checking down quick enough AND he just isn't accurate enough.

Portis is the only guy, personnel wise, we have that fits a WC offense and he's not a particularly good receiver. OK, not great.

Peter Forsberg

Nothing againest Collins he's not the Skins future he's old, give the kid, Colt a chance to see what he can do. Maybe Skins will come out and say Campbell is hurt :whistle: and is questable for the next game, he did get clobbered that one play and they were working on his arm .
Zorny got off to fast start, but as the season went on these other teams have figured them out. Skins drafted badly this past year we need offensive line and defensive line, not recievers, our lines are old and injury prone.
I agree anybody but Campbell deserves a shot to give a spark to the Skins.

OldHillcrestGuy

Campbell has had his shot and he hasnt produced, only reason we got in the playoffs last year was because he got hurt and Collins came in.
Zorn has come in and taken a playoff team from last year and destroyed it with his West Coast offense. Even the 0-14 Lions have scored more points then us this year, only 2 teams with less points scored then the Skins and we lost to both of them, the Rams and Bengals.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
...I guess it's simply a result of the schedule, playing the NFC east and being good year after year, however, it just seems like the Steelers are playing the GAME OF THE WEEK every damn week. Next week they get the Titans.

I am stunned at how high a level they play at, play after play after quarter after quarter after game after game. They are honestly not much better than most anyone else, unlike the dominant recent Colt/Pats teams, and they have to gut out game after game and it is just amazing to me how they keep it up with no breathers, no blow outs, nothing coming easy.

Their games are tense, intense and a joy to watch as a football fan.

What got left out of last nights HORRIBLE call was the fact that the line held their blocks, the receivers didn't quit and Ben made a HELL of a throw.

Major props to the Pittsburgh Steelers. GREAT football!!! :buddies:

Yeah they do seem to do just enough to win each week. But I love watching them play good old blue collar smash mouth football.:buddies: