Prediction time

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by smcdem
Well she has been named the most hard working lt gov. in the nation. She has been heavily involvded with Crime prevention and is really into mental health policy. She really has done something over the past 8 yrs. People lie and say she hasn't done anything. And she has been elected before, she has been elected to the office of lt. gov. twice. Years ago she worked at the maryland state dept. of education and was assitant deputy atorney general. She has a very progressive agenda for preserving the bay.

Looks like a great list of reasons NOT to vote for her...

Who had named her the "Most Hard Working Lt Governor in the Nation"??? Her campaign?

She was NOT elected. She has NEVER run for so much as a Council seat. She wasn't the candidate - she was the running mate. This is her first attempt at public office on her own. Glendening was elected. Chaney wasn't elected, Bush was elected. No one casts a vote because they like the Lt Governor or the VP. The Candidate just has to be smart enough to pick a running mate who doesn't hurt them.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Nodnarb

This is her first attempt at public office on her own.
Actually she did run for something (a congressional seat in 1986) but she lost...big time. It was before she attached the "Kennedy" onto her last name.

Last edited:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Sharon
Actually she did run for something (a congressional seat in 1986) but she lost...big time. It was before she attached the "Kennedy" onto her last name.

I stand corrected. In the process of justifying my "never elected" position, I managed to get myself out of context.

smcdem

Shes done a great job in crime, especially in CRIME PREVENTION....20% reduction of violent crime since she came in.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Get some stats and prove it. Just because someone redefines the parameters of the definition of "violent crime" does not suggest crime went down. It's an old trick used for election purposes. Afterwards the crime rate goes up again so politicans can then throw more of our money away on solutions and make even dumber laws in the effort of looking like they are fixing a problem.

Nationwide crime has declined and in MD it has declined also - but at a somewhat slower than national rate. This has nothing to do with KKT.

smcdem, try harder! :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Which is it?

smcdem says:

Shes done a great job in crime, especially in CRIME PREVENTION....20% reduction of violent crime since she came in.

Ken King says:

Is that why our state is ranked 3rd highest in violent crime in the nation, 3rd highest in murders in the nation, and highest in robberies?

Could you both cite your sources, please? From all accounts I have read, Ken is correct - I cannot find a corraboration for what smcdem says.

Last edited:

demsformd

I am voting for KKT because I have had the opportunity to meet both her and her opponent. She was a warm and affable person that genuinely cared about me. Mr. Ehrlich meanwhile was arrogant, did not care about me, and did little to discuss the issues with me. Anyway, Bob has been serving the nation in legislatures while KKT has served in the executive of the state for eight years. While you may say she did nothing, I am sure she is more informed concerning state issues than Mr. Ehrlich. So I think she deserves our votes.
smcdem, I endorse Randall, she's a relative and she is more in step with my beliefs. But I really like Tommy even though I hate the whole "tax/tax, spend/spend" message. Its beating a dead horse from the 1980s and 1990s.

smcdem

I also have met KKT and Bob Ehrlich....Townsend was so much nicer and warmer
My mother is on her mental health task force thing she knows all about what KKT has done for mental health policy in the state. I'll do some research and tell you what has happened with that.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by smcdem
I also have met KKT and Bob Ehrlich....Townsend was so much nicer and warmer
My mother is on her mental health task force thing she knows all about what KKT has done for mental health policy in the state. I'll do some research and tell you what has happened with that.

Why not just answer some of the questions you've already been asked or provide your sources? By sources I don’t mean what your Mommy and Daddy have told you, I am talking about information not opinion.

As to "nicer and warmer" that is how most con artists act too. Give me rough and gruff straight shooters any day, at least you know where they are coming from and what they are about. Maybe once you grow up you will eventually see the light. But then again it seems your blinders are pretty much already in place, probably permanently installed too.

demsformd

smcdem, your mom is on the Democratic Central Committee isn't she? If she is, then I know that your a great liberal.:biggrin:

smcdem

haha yes she is....this is great! the funny thing is we probably know each other or at least seen each other!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by demsformd
I hate the whole "tax/tax, spend/spend" message. Its beating a dead horse from the 1980s and 1990s.

Spoken like a true Democrat! Truth hurts, huh?

demsformd

It is not the truth about Democrats. We are fiscally responsible. The Republicans cut taxes, kept funding at the same level, and despite national prosperity created a budget shortfall. Now during hard times, were at a break even line.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by demsformd
It is not the truth about Democrats. We are fiscally responsible. The Republicans cut taxes, kept funding at the same level, and despite national prosperity created a budget shortfall. Now during hard times, were at a break even line.

It is the truth, as a moderate Democrat I know it and I also know that what you say is pure and simple BS over and over again. You spew so much crap I bet you can’t even stand your own breath. Read your post again. You say Democrats are fiscally responsible. How by taking and spending more and more of the people’s money. How is that fiscally responsible? Come on Mr. Wizard explain that if you can.

The tax cuts didn’t keep spending at the same level, it did reduce the growth of spending, but in no way did it hold it in place. According to the CBO statistics spending has increased every year in the last 40 except for in 1965. What crystal ball do you get your information from? By the way, where would the economy be if the tax cuts hadn’t taken place?

You say that the Republican’s created a budget shortfall despite national prosperity. Back that up with any factual data you have or can find, that is if you can. And your very next statement you say we are at a break even line. A break even line would indicate a balanced budget. So which is it, is there a shortfall or a balanced budget? I doubt if you know as it seems you only want to make statements and as of yet have said very little that is fact based or can be verified.