private instructor

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
I know been there. My husband wanted him to play hockey. My son started taking slap shot on my husband and he was not even two at the time. I have pic of this. We put him in ice skating at three and man he was doing circle around me....

I remember that kid.

cdsulhoff

cattitude said:
I remember that kid.

you remember what kid??
To otter: no one ever hit my husband.. The only hit my husband took was a puck to the nose( that sent him to the hospital). But however there were other guy that played on that team.
By the way there was only one kid on that team and he is now a professional in line roller hockey player. :shrug: don't ask. My hubby was well like by everyone. He is a very nice guy..

Otter

Nothing to see here
cdsulhoff said:
you remember what kid??
To otter: no one ever hit my husband.. The only hit my husband took was a puck to the nose( that sent him to the hospital). But however there were other guy that played on that team.
By the way there was only one kid on that team and he is now a professional in line roller hockey player. :shrug: don't ask. My hubby was well like by everyone. He is a very nice guy..

It was a joke, CD..

cdsulhoff

otter said:
It was a joke, CD..

Oh I know.. I was just say to you that my hubby did get along with everyone. You will notice I tend to explain myself too much!!LOL

Yeah, so it was your son who took a slap shot on my hubby. I am sending you the medical bill.

cdsulhoff

06-09-2006 09:33 PM Complete Fukcing Psycho! Leave your kid the Hell alone! Freaky weird Sports Mother Dearest

Hey to this person one more thing.

It is called a caring mother not " Mommy dearest" or a " Complete Psycho".
I know it might be hard concept for you to understand that there are actual moms out there that care about their kids. So, don't take things out on me b/c your mommy don't care about you. :biteme:

robbie

Robbie

Don't worry about anyone else. Our son too could pitch decent at that age but was being put in (both little league and select) without warm ups and told to throw curves, etc. Throwing entire games also.
He loved it but we sorta figuired right then if he wanted to pitch at 13, 14, 15 and so on he still had to have a functioning arm and not be shot.
He's 15 and still loving it and throws about 80.
I started by calling the high schools athletic directors in our area (Waldorf) and they gave me names of coaches who meet one on one with the child in the off season. We were told NO curves until high school and then only slowly and given a lot of exercises that he does to keep from pulling things. Also he had bouts with tendinitis with growing and you can only let that heal and don't aggrivate it. I feel good about being proactive in what he wanted to do. If he stopped tomorrow that would be his decision and he would still have a healthy arm
P.S. The clinics on pitching at the Athletic Clubhouse is run by HS coaches including some college instructors who we keep in touch with and use also seperately. At ten we had a square on the chain link fence out back and all night we would hear the rattle and that really strengthened him.
Just follow your heart and be your son's protector.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
cdsulhoff said:
Hey to this person one more thing.

It is called a caring mother not " Mommy dearest" or a " Complete Psycho".
I know it might be hard concept for you to understand that there are actual moms out there that care about their kids. So, don't take things out on me b/c your mommy don't care about you. :biteme:
I got home yesterday in time to watch the end of Oprah.. you should have watched it, it was enlightening (and I'm not even a fan)

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
you remember what kid??

Your son. You said he used to take slap shots. There was a toddler who used to do that at the Sunday night games in between periods.

cdsulhoff

cattitude said:
Your son. You said he used to take slap shots. There was a toddler who used to do that at the Sunday night games in between periods.

Was the games on Sunday?? It had been so long. I believe it was. Yeah my son use to go out there all the time to take slap shot.. His father was the Captain on the Stingers... He use to roller blade around there all the time as well.
Who were you there for?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
cdsulhoff said:
Was the games on Sunday?? It had been so long. I believe it was. Yeah my son use to go out there all the time to take slap shot.. His father was the Captain on the Stingers... He use to roller blade around there all the time as well.
Who were you there for?

Yes, Sundays. My son played on another team.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
itsbob said:
I got home yesterday in time to watch the end of Oprah.. you should have watched it, it was enlightening (and I'm not even a fan)
:yeahthat: I caught that episode too.

cdsulhoff

itsbob said:

Glad to see you watch Oprah!!!

However, I am nothing like those parents. How can you sit there and judge me in that way. You do not know me!!
The one thing you cannot seem to get through your head it the fact I do not push my son. I only follow his lead. If he wants to practice then I will help him. He wanted the private coach. I did not tell him he has to have one. We talked about it and he made the final decision. Everything that he does is B/C he wants to. When he says that he does not want to play anymore then we are done. I am not a pushy mom, because he travels.

Secondly, this is not our dream that we are living through. If anything, we want our boys to end up taken over the family business. I do not see my son playing professional ball. If anything, I see him playing in high school. He decides his own fate. It is not in our hands.

I see the whole yelling at your son while he is playing. I personally hate parents who do that. While my son is playing, I do stupid stuff like making faces at him or tell him I love him (That really gets him). Nevertheless, the most important thing is I always ask him “Are you having fun". I want my son to have fun. We taught him it does not matter if he wins or lose as long as you have fun playing. He just happens to be a good ball player and is on the travel team. Everyone we encounter with says my son has such a positive attitude and he smiles no matter if he wins or loses. We as parents believe it is about having fun. In addition, you can add fun into competition
so you can sit there and say I am a pushy mom all you want!!! I know the truth and most importantly, my son knows the truth.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cdsulhoff said:
Oh I know.. I was just say to you that my hubby did get along with everyone. You will notice I tend to explain myself too much!!LOL

Yeah, so it was your son who took a slap shot on my hubby. I am sending you the medical bill.

I hadn't noticed.

cdsulhoff

2006 11:36 AM why are you defending yourself to strangers

Thank you!!

I have this bad habit of always explaining myself. I guess this is my downfall. I am the type who says I am sorry all the time. This is a habit I need to break.
I know he is a stranger, never-less I feel wrongfully attack.

However, Thank you for pointing that out. I know I need to work on that!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve??
Whatever happened to playgrounds.. pick up games, playing catch with friends?? Or did I miss a memo??
Welcome to the Y2K! It only took you six years :lol:

I don't see what the big deal is with CD wanting a pitching trainer for her son. If he's interested and wants to improve, a trainer is the way to go. If you wanted to improve your golf or tennis game, you'd hook up with a pro, wouldn't you?

Same concept. :shrug:

cdsulhoff

Well,
My son will not be going to state this year. The travel team is going, but not my son. His coach has become all about winning and not about the boys having a good time. He has really change since the team started to win. I will not have my son be subjected to feel that his is not worthy of playing. They tell him he is good and he earn his spot on the team. However this year it seems like he earn his spot on the pine pony. So to those of you who thought I am nothing but a pushy mother, I am not. My son in all of the years of playing never once cried on the fields but this Tuesday was a different story. Well the coach knows how I feel along with everyone else on the team.... I said when it becomes not fun anymore I will take him off the field and I did.. This coach is not going to make my son lose his passion for the sport.:burning: :burning:

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
cdsulhoff said:
Well,
My son will not be going to state this year. The travel team isgoing, but not my son. His coach has become all about winning and not about the boys having a good time. He has really change sine the team started to win. I will not have my son be subjected to feel that his is not worthy of playing. They tell him he is good and he earn his spot on the team. However this year it seems like he earn his spot on the pine pony. So to those of you who thought I am nothing but a pushy mother, I am not. My son in all of the years of playing never once cried on the fields but this Tuesday was a different story. Well the coach knows how I feel along with everyone else on the team.... I said when it becomes not fun anymore I will take him off the field and I did.. This coach is not going to make my son lose his passion for the sport.:burning: :burning:

Basically what you're saying is that its all about you and your son, and not about the team. That is EXACTLY whats wrong with some parent's attitudes..Being part of a team means riding the pine at times, being aware, being ready if needed. IMO I think you need to re-think your position cuz you are very wrong in your stance.