Pro Bowl / Super Bowl

BuddyLee

Football addict
Yeah, he's a punter, in the pro bowl, running from the sun, into the shade, it is football, fine. Whooppee. Sean Taylor's greatest hit. Against a punter. In the pro bowl.
Just sayin'...

...the PB has something to offer, sometimes.:wink:

Unless you'd rather watch the Wizards until pre-season comes around again.:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just sayin'...

...the PB has something to offer, sometimes.:wink:

Unless you'd rather watch the Wizards until pre-season comes around again.:lol:

The pro bowl, to me, what little it does have to offer, was perfect AFTER the super bowl. It was the last call, the one for the road, the last dying ember of the party for the truly die hard as the season came to a close. It was perfect before. The only flaw it had was when people like Taylor took it just a pinch too seriously. :lol:

Now, it is going to get the hyper hype treatment and be sold to us as this can't miss, must see iconic event replete with soaring themes and excess right in the middle of trying to catch a breather before the REAL game.

It's like Midnight Madness in the middle of March Madness. It's turd polishing. It's a wheelbarrow race before Indy. This is immoral. This is a travesty in the making. This is wrong. :jameo:

Otter

Nothing to see here
No desire to see a football game with the rules changed and most everyone going half speed..Name the guys All-Pro, then have an All-rookie game with normal rules.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The pro bowl, to me, what little it does have to offer, was perfect AFTER the super bowl. It was the last call, the one for the road, the last dying ember of the party for the truly die hard as the season came to a close. It was perfect before. The only flaw it had was when people like Taylor took it just a pinch too seriously. :lol:

Now, it is going to get the hyper hype treatment and be sold to us as this can't miss, must see iconic event replete with soaring themes and excess right in the middle of trying to catch a breather before the REAL game.

It's like Midnight Madness in the middle of March Madness. It's turd polishing. It's a wheelbarrow race before Indy. This is immoral. This is a travesty in the making. This is wrong. :jameo:
:buddies: I liked it after the Super Bowl myself. Now we gotta wait a week longer for the draft , damn it.

I'm sure the Skins will keep it interesting though. They just hired Haslett as their DC and are considering moving to a 3-4 defense. Interesting times...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:
I'm sure the Skins will keep it interesting though. They just hired Haslett as their DC and are considering moving to a 3-4 defense. Interesting times...

3-4. On a team with 3 1/2 linebackers. And 6-7 good linemen. On a team desperate for O line help.

Great. Sounds just like us. :banghead:

BuddyLee

Football addict
3-4. On a team with 3 1/2 linebackers. And 6-7 good linemen. On a team desperate for O line help.

Yeah. To top it off, Haynesworth mentioned he'd rather not play in a 3-4 before we signed him to that huge contract. That's one of the reasons he selected the Redskins. See, in a 3-4 he'd take more of a beating. Poor fella'.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
LOL..believe me, I've been saying that all year..Watching games after the skins games is like turning the speed up on a turntable from 33 to 78.

Ain't that something? You guys are dead on. All these guys, all these teams, are roughly the same speed, strength and talent. However, it is sooo true. Better teams look like they are playing on ice skates and we look like we're playing on mud. Our d did look fast most of the season, though.

Otter

Nothing to see here

3-4 fits Orakpo better...Lets them take better advantage of his skills. Linebackers are the least of their worries.

BuddyLee

Football addict
3-4 fits Orakpo better...Lets them take better advantage of his skills. Linebackers are the least of their worries.
I could live with a 3-4. It's different and "change".:yay:

I could really go for some change on the offensive side of the ball though. Let's hope they get this draft right this time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah. To top it off, Haynesworth mentioned he'd rather not play in a 3-4 before we signed him to that huge contract. That's one of the reasons he selected the Redskins. See, in a 3-4 he'd take more of a beating. Poor fella'.

:popcorn:

It is my deepest hope that Allen can swing some sort of deal and get rid of Albert and maybe even pick up a draft pick or two in the process.

As far as 3-4 goes, you can NOT play 3-4 with smaller, fast ends. 3-4 demands all three guys are able to hold their ground so the lb's can fill. In a 4-3, Carter and Orakpo can shine. On a 3-4, they get blown up and then O line men get to the lb's clean.

BuddyLee

Football addict
It is my deepest hope that Allen can swing some sort of deal and get rid of Albert and maybe even pick up a draft pick or two in the process.

As far as 3-4 goes, you can NOT play 3-4 with smaller, fast ends. 3-4 demands all three guys are able to hold their ground so the lb's can fill. In a 4-3, Carter and Orakpo can shine. On a 3-4, they get blown up and then O line men get to the lb's clean.
Good timing for an uncapped year, eh?:popcorn:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I could live with a 3-4. It's different and "change".:yay:

I could really go for some change on the offensive side of the ball though. Let's hope they get this draft right this time.

They should hand out 2 month contracts to every undrafted O-lineman that is over 295 lbs..bring em to camp, coach em up and see what that got. There has to be diamonds in the rough out there.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good timing for an uncapped year, eh?:popcorn:

This is where I can see Allen potentially shining. Everyone will figure out the lay of the land if that happens. He who figures it out first will have an advantage and a very temporary one at that. Allen is supposed to be the contract and cap guy. :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
They should hand out 2 month contracts to every undrafted O-lineman that is over 295 lbs..bring em to camp, coach em up and see what that got. There has to be diamonds in the rough out there.
If there is one thing Shanahan has done well, with the exception of turning in 1,000 yard running backs, it's finding late round O-line gems.

BuddyLee

Football addict
OK, but, do we have to fix what ain't broke? We are not a LB heavy team and we are fairly deep on d line.
It's all ESPN speculation right now. Haslett has plenty of experience running both 4-3 and 3-4.

Thing that excites me about Haslett is that he's a "firey" guy, unlike the passive Blatche. That and he blitzes a bunch, unlike Blatche and Co.' 15 yard prevent defense.