Pro Bowl / Super Bowl

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's all ESPN speculation right now. Haslett has plenty of experience running both 4-3 and 3-4.

Thing that excites me about Haslett is that he's a "firey" guy, unlike the passive Blatche. That and he blitzes a bunch, unlike Blatche and Co.' 15 yard prevent defense.

My son in law, Titan fan, says we will get out of Albert what his position coach demands. So, maybe?

BuddyLee

Football addict
My son in law, Titan fan, says we will get out of Albert what his position coach demands. So, maybe?
If that's true then I like our next coaching hire, Tim Krumrie. He was the DL coach in Kansas City before the new regime took place. If you remember, the only good thing about KC was their DL.:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If that's true then I like our next coaching hire, Tim Krumrie. He was the DL coach in Kansas City before the new regime took place. If you remember, the only good thing about KC was their DL.:lol:

If I remember Tim Krumrie? Well, pup, sit down and let me tell you about Tim Krummrie. He played NT for the Bengs in their Sam Wyche/Boomer glory days and was an undersized, all heart fantastic player who suffered the second most horrific injury I've ever seen on the field. Against the 49'ers in Superbowl XXIII.

He went down early. He doesn't get hurt, the Bengals win.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ooooo...what happened?

Never forget it. It was an off tackle right play for the 9'ers, a bread and butter play to Roger Craig, #33, a GREAT running back. Tim read it right away and pushed off his man, the center, moved hard to his right and moved to fill the guard/tackle gap the play was designed to attack. The pulling guard engaged him, Tim fought him with his right arm and leaned into the hole, planting his left leg hard as Craig lowered and put his head down and exploded into the now rapidly closing hole. Craigs knee, I think his left, just hit Tim mid shin, perfectly on the up stroke into his next stride, the moment of absolute maximum energy.

Krumries leg snapped like Theismans, instantly, like a stick, and folded up as he, with his left arm, brought Roger to the ground with help from his teammates. It was instant and horrific and gruesome. I cried at the time.

I think it was first quarter but I am not sure. Point being the Bengals, with Tim leading, were ready to slow down the bread and butter of the 49'ers passing game, the strong run game.

Warrior we are getting. Warrior.

:buddies: