Pro-Hamas Fallout - Schadenfreude

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

College admissions consultant in 'complete shock' as multiple students reject Harvard early acceptance offers

"This is the first time and first application season where I've seen a student who got into Harvard early that I've worked with for almost three and a half, four years now, starting in ninth grade — we're seeing them say, ‘You know what? I want to apply to other schools because what if I graduate and this stigma and this reputation of Harvard stays the same?’ That's their true concern."

The elite Ivy League institution reported last week that its early application total took a 17% decline from last year, receiving 7,921 early applications compared to 9,553 applications in 2022.

Bob Sweeney, a retired college counselor at Mamaroneck High School in New York, told Bloomberg he believes the dropoff could be partially caused by controversy surrounding antisemitism on campus.

"That’s possibly one of several reasons, about the concern of safety on the campus," he said. "There might be other factors as well, as students are being more realistic about their expectations and chances for acceptance."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harvard University’s embattled President Claudine Gay is the subject of a fresh complaint outlining more than 40 allegations of her plagiarizing others’ works.

The 37-page document compiles dozens of cases where Gay, a political scientist, allegedly quoted or paraphrased authors without proper attribution in her academic works, going against the Ivy League school’s strict rules, according to the document, which was obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The outlet reports it independently verified the veracity of the allegations along with the identity of the author — a respected professor at another university, who requested anonymity for fear of retaliation.

t is impossible that your office has already reviewed the entirety of these materials, as many … have not been previously reported or submitted,” the complaint, which was filed with Harvard on Tuesday, reads.

Harvard University did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment Wednesday.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Here’s my response:

The problem with Charles Fried’s defense of President Gay’s “Context matters” statement is he fails to acknowledge that for Gay, context apparently matters only for genocidal threats against Jews.
Context does not matter for microaggressions against blacks, gays and other minorities protected by the diversity, equity, inclusion bureaucracy that she has long championed.
Under the DEI regime, admissions have been withdrawn, lectures canceled and students admonished — at Harvard, Penn, MIT and other universities — for their speech without regard to the context in which they were said.
Fried fails to see the broader context of the double standard employed by so many universities — including Harvard — against Jews and other minorities that are excluded by DEI.
Yes, context matters, and in this broader context, Gay was wrong to brag to Congress about Harvard’s commitment to free expression without also telling it that Harvard’s selective application of free-speech standards earned it a last-place rating for free speech by the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression.
It is in that context that Gay’s new and selective double standard for protecting the free speech of Jew-haters should be evaluated.
It is to be hoped that Gay’s new contextual standard will in the future be universally applied to all speech at Harvard and the DEI bureaucracy will henceforth be denied the power to censor and cancel expression that is directed against protected minorities.

Despite my forward-looking and positive conclusion, the editorial board wrote that it is “not interested in publishing it.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Professor Who Called Israelis ‘Pigs’ And ‘Irredeemable Excrement’ No Longer Employed, School Confirms

Untitled-design-5.png

“After the past week, if your eyes aren’t open to the crimes against humanity that Israel is committing and has committed for decades, and will continue to commit, then I suggest you open them,” Tosca added. “It’s disgusting and grotesque. May they all rot in hell.”

Tosca apologized for the post, writing, “I am deeply sorry for writing what I wrote, and for hurting many people with my words, and I am especially sorry to Israeli people that I broadly placed at fault for the war.”

“I know that my words perpetuated harmful stereotypes,” Tosca added. “I allowed my reaction to the violence in Israel and Palestine to take an inappropriate and offensive form, and I am taking proactive steps to learn how I can do better and be better.”

A petition created in October by an SAIC alumnus calling for Tosca’s dismissal received over 2,400 signatures.

In a tweet on October 10, Tosca accused Israel of “making money off of war.”

“Always has, always will,” Tosca added.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Professor Who Called Israelis ‘Pigs’ And ‘Irredeemable Excrement’ No Longer Employed, School Confirms

Untitled-design-5.png

“After the past week, if your eyes aren’t open to the crimes against humanity that Israel is committing and has committed for decades, and will continue to commit, then I suggest you open them,” Tosca added. “It’s disgusting and grotesque. May they all rot in hell.”

Tosca apologized for the post, writing, “I am deeply sorry for writing what I wrote, and for hurting many people with my words, and I am especially sorry to Israeli people that I broadly placed at fault for the war.”

“I know that my words perpetuated harmful stereotypes,” Tosca added. “I allowed my reaction to the violence in Israel and Palestine to take an inappropriate and offensive form, and I am taking proactive steps to learn how I can do better and be better.”

A petition created in October by an SAIC alumnus calling for Tosca’s dismissal received over 2,400 signatures.

In a tweet on October 10, Tosca accused Israel of “making money off of war.”

“Always has, always will,” Tosca added.
THAT'S A MAN!!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Students Sue Squad Members for Encouraging Columbia Unrest

One of the terrific perks of being a member of the Left is that you get to enjoy immunity from the things you say and do. You can count on the media and your fellow travelers to justify your words and actions, minimize their impact, or even make them disappear on command. This is particularly true if you happen to be a high-ranking member of the progressive movement — especially an elected one.

But Ilhan Omar, Jamaal Bowman, and the ever-effervescent AOC are facing a class-action lawsuit by a group of anonymous Columbia students for stoking the fires of antisemitism at the school earlier this year. According to a report in the New York Post, in addition to the three members of the Squad, the five students have included several groups in the suit, such as Israel in Our Lifetime.

The suit states in part, "The Gaza Encampment was extreme and outrageous conduct. It was illegal. It violated university rules. Its occupants harassed, followed, physically blocked, intimidated, and bullied Jewish students.” It also reads:

The Gaza Encampment was extreme and outrageous conduct. It was illegal. It violated university rules. Its occupants harassed, followed, physically blocked, intimidated, and bullied Jewish students.

It also states that those in the encampment and their supporters “not only consciously disregarded the rights of others, but the impact on the rights of others was the point of the protest: the more disruption [they] could cause for the University and the [students], the more leverage they thought they would have for their agenda.”

The Squad members are accused of "encouraging and inciting the protests and being "outside champions." During the chaos at Columbia, AOC posted this: