Problems in San Francisco

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Character and morals to start off with....the rest follow that. I want to shoot people like that ..put them down for their rabid behavior...not be like them.

But again, it's not stealing. They have been told by the city government that they can take whatever they want up to a collective dollar amount. Why is it "rabid" to do what the government gives you permission to do?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But again, it's not stealing. They have been told by the city government that they can take whatever they want up to a collective dollar amount. Why is it "rabid" to do what the government gives you permission to do?
What the government does or does not give me "permission" to do changes nothing about the state of the action. They are rabid feral animals....nothing more.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Some answer to a higher authority.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Walgreens should ban bicycles from inside the store. Make the getaway a little slower.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What the government does or does not give me "permission" to do changes nothing about the state of the action. They are rabid feral animals....nothing more.

The businesses themselves give you permission to take things for free. How we know this is that....they're there. They haven't pulled up stakes and left the area. And they're not putting up a fight against the legal "theft", which isn't really theft if you have permission from the government AND the business. If Walgreens or Louis Vuitton or whoever didn't condone and actively encourage you to take their merchandise without paying for it, I'd say of course it's theft and wrong. But they ARE encouraging it with their silence on the matter, not to mention they almost certainly voted in favor of it. Chesa Boudin et al didn't get their position by just showing up - they were elected to those offices by the voters. And since corporate executives have all decided to be pro-crime BLM/AntiFa activists I feel like I can say with some authority that they voted for the DA who legalized five-finger discounts.

If these stores wanted to stop the free shopping, they would. Note that no security person gave chase, or even tried to stop the shopper in the video. The CEOs of these businesses don't even go on TV to denounce it, that I'm aware of.

It's not theft if the property owner gives it to you or encourages you to take it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The businesses themselves give you permission to take things for free. How we know this is that....they're there. They haven't pulled up stakes and left the area. And they're not putting up a fight against the legal "theft", which isn't really theft if you have permission from the government AND the business. If Walgreens or Louis Vuitton or whoever didn't condone and actively encourage you to take their merchandise without paying for it, I'd say of course it's theft and wrong. But they ARE encouraging it with their silence on the matter, not to mention they almost certainly voted in favor of it. Chesa Boudin et al didn't get their position by just showing up - they were elected to those offices by the voters. And since corporate executives have all decided to be pro-crime BLM/AntiFa activists I feel like I can say with some authority that they don't mind the five-finger discounts.

If these stores wanted to stop the free shopping, they would. Note that no security person gave chase, or even tried to stop the shopper in the video. The CEOs of these businesses don't even go on TV to denounce it, that I'm aware of.

It's not theft if the property owner gives it to you or encourages you to take it.
I repeat: What the government does or does not give me "permission" to do changes nothing about the state of the action. They are rabid feral animals....nothing more.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I repeat: What the government does or does not give me "permission" to do changes nothing about the state of the action. They are rabid feral animals....nothing more.

So the local Hooters is giving away free wings, beer, and motorboats to whoever shows up and you not only refuse to partake, you think the people who do show up are rabid feral animals?

Forget the government; the businesses themselves are condoning this.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Forget the government; the businesses themselves are condoning this.
They are simply recognizing the reality..their local government declared that level of feral behavior to be beyond the reach of the law. It's still feral behavior exhibited by racially inferior rabid animals.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They are simply recognizing the reality

But they do have choices, don't you agree? They could do a number of things to stop it. They could raise hell with their govt reps. They could close the store. They could enforce their own anti-theft policies and at the very least make it a nuisance for both the thief and the court system that has to waste time dropping the charges. They could fight back. But they're not. That means they condone and encourage it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. That means they condone and encourage it.
You always jump to that end point. Always. At it's core...it's "sorta true". But it skips far too many steps from proposition to conclusion. Reality bites.

I hope that businesses in those jurisdictions do close...permanently.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or better yet..a wildly apples and oranges failed attempt at an analogy. ;)

Not at all. You just don't like to think deeper than your first reaction, or reconsider your knee-jerk when presented with a different perspective.

It's not theft if everyone involved agrees you can have it for free.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope that businesses in those jurisdictions do close...permanently.

See, and I couldn't care less what they do. If they want people stealing from them, it's none of my business. It pisses me off that they will then pass that loss onto the rest of us who don't get the freebies, but other than that their corporate cowardice has nothing to do with me. Walgreens is the only one of them I shop at anyway. They can steal the designer stores blind for all I care. Loot the **** out of Nike and Apple - I'll never be affected by that in any way.