Psa

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
You know this from personal experience?
Are you kidding.. this was a teenagers prank in NH.. one of the biggies.. Only remedy is to replace your windshield.. right up there with supergluing pennies to the outer door locks..

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I seriously think a lot of people are just plain lazy when it comes to getting the ice/snow off their cars. The epitome of that is when you see some knucklehead driving up the road with just a small patch of stuff cleared off the driver's side of the windshield.

I've been on business trips with a rental car and without a scraper; even so, I used a credit card and the car's defroster to do the vindshield, and I was able to slide the ice off the roof and hood once it had been warming up for about 15 minutes.

Heavy ice can be loosened by thumping it with your fist. It makes the ice crack and pop loose from the car.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
itsbob said:
You do this before it gets cold.. and cover your windshiled with newspaper before you do it.. the newsprint will be permanently embedded in your windshiled from that day forward..

Being that newsprint is Vaseline based, I doubt this is true. :boo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
The epitome of that is when you see some knucklehead driving up the road with just a small patch of stuff cleared off the driver's side of the windshield.
I like to slide up on their right rear quarter and start blowing my horn.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AC/DC said:
Being that newsprint is Vaseline based, I doubt this is true. :boo:
Depends on which newspaper you use, some are vegetable based dye.. NO petroleum products.
Vaseline based, or Petroleum based dyes make it impossible to recycle newspaper, most newspapers switched to alternative dyes a decade or so ago..

Try it on your car, let me know how it turns out.. :dance:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
itsbob said:
Depends on which newspaper you use, some are vegetable based dye.. NO petroleum products.
Vaseline based, or Petroleum based dyes make it impossible to recycle newspaper, most newspapers switched to alternative dyes a decade or so ago..

Try it on your car, let me know how it turns out.. :dance:

I wash my windows with newspaper often, nothing gets them cleaner and my windows aren't black. :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AC/DC said:
I wash my windows with newspaper often, nothing gets them cleaner and my windows aren't black. :shrug:
Do you lay the newspaper on the windshield, pour hot water on it and then let it dry?
:bonk:

aps

I cleaned it off as best as I could. :shrug: You think it is alright?

Attachments

• Winter6.jpg
    Winter6.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 133

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I went home at lunch time today and finally dislodged my car from the blanket of ice it has been under and in for the past few days.

elaine said:
I went home at lunch time today and finally dislodged my car from the blanket of ice it has been under and in for the past few days.
Drive really fast and hit the brakes it slides right off? :yay: :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
workin hard said:
Drive really fast and hit the brakes it slides right off? :yay: :lol:
Guy at work did that leaving the lot for lunch. It slid off his roof and jammed under his wipers. He had to get out and pull it off while everybody was honkin' and hollerin' at him.

aps45819 said:
Guy at work did that leaving the lot for lunch. It slid off his roof and jammed under his wipers. He had to get out and pull it off while everybody was honkin' and hollerin' at him.
Saw somebody at the stoplight do that yesterday. Funny shiznit. :killingme:

Ponytail

I have a foot of snow in the bed of my truck. When I hit about 45 mph, it looks like it's snowing behind me. It's too damn cold here though. Nothing is melting. It just keeps building. More snow coming Wednesday and again on Saturday. As long as I don't have to shovel it, I don't care. :biggrin:

People are really good about getting that stuff off of their roofs here (Canada) before driving though. I know in PA it is a law that you have to have it off of your car before you start to drive. I dunno about Md or here for that matter, but I would imagine that it is a law here considering how much snow they get.

Just a thought.