Public Firearm Facility Petition

Ponytail

2 total signatures YEAH!!! Come on people...get them signatures goin'!

I wanna shoots somethin!! :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Welcome back PT - you were missed! Check out Sanners Lake, I hear you can shoot something there already... :smooch:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If they built it I might check it out for 200' target shooting. For everything else there's more access at Sanner's, plus swimming, fishing and hunting.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by MarkS.
Isn't yearly membership at Sanner's over $100? A public facility would cost far less.

It's worth it!

MarkS.

I'm glad you enjoy that place. I'm looking for something less expensive.

I grew up in PA where you can't throw a rock without hitting a state firing range. That's something that the state of MD seems to be lacking in. Some counties realize that and are trying to make a difference.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by MarkS.
I'm glad you enjoy that place. I'm looking for something less expensive.

I grew up in PA where you can't throw a rock without hitting a state firing range. That's something that the state of MD seems to be lacking in. Some counties realize that and are trying to make a difference.

Could it be that Maryland is a LOT flatter than Pa??
Thinkingof_.gif

MarkS.

Southern MD is definitely flatter. Nothing a reinforced retaining wall wouldn't solve, though.

The facility up north had sponsors that initially contributed to the contruction. To maintain the facility, they charge the following fees:

Daily fee:
$ 5.00 - County Resident
$ 10.00 - Out of County Resident

Season pass:
$30.00 - Country Resident
$60.00 - Out of County Resident

Vince

I'd love to see a public shooting range around here. I know so many people who like to shoot and have no place to do it. Wish I could sign the petition, but I'm a Calvert County resident.:frown:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I wasn't going to sign when I spotted Hillary Clinton and Saddam Hussein, but then I found out Homer Simpson was all for it and Stephen King lives in my neighborhood! :yay:

I'm in.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bluto
If it is such a great idea, why isn't anyone doing this on a for profit basis? ...
I'd be willing to bet liability and insurance are the major reasons.

SmallTown

Football season!
These are a great idea. We had a couple of them back home, but they were "private" (AKA not government funded) and they seemed to do quite well. They were combination shooting range/gun-bow shop/and shooting "school" all in one so maybe most of the money came from the things other than the range itself?

Either way, they are a great idea!

Originally posted by SmallTown
These are a great idea. We had a couple of them back home, but they were "private" (AKA not government funded) and they seemed to do quite well.
I heard they tore them down to put in a pottery barn.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Mark - you confuse me - $100 for a year at Sanner's is too expensive (even when you have additional benefits than just the shooting range), yet you are willing to pay $5 a day to just go shoot? hmmm, let's say you only shoot for 30 days in a year (365 days) that equals $150. Plus you have no added goodies to your shooting package?!:confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Mig:

Season pass:
$30.00 - Country Resident
$60.00 - Out of County Resident

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Mig:

Originally posted by Sharon
Season pass: