Question about whitetail bag limits

smibarines

I harvested a buck in muzzleloader season. Am I now restricted to taking two antlerless deer before I can take another buck in shotgun season? Does anyone know where I can find the answer to this question in the MD DNR Guide to Hunting and Trapping? What page?

Some people tell me that since they are two seperate seasons that I can take take one antlered deer per season before I have to take two antlerless.

Other people tell me that the bag limits are combined for all seasons and that I must now take two does before I take another buck.

Who is correct?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Not sure and I am not advacating this but couldn't you just call in two does over the phone and be reset for your buck?

HunterJJD

I harvested a buck in muzzleloader season. Am I now restricted to taking two antlerless deer before I can take another buck in shotgun season? Does anyone know where I can find the answer to this question in the MD DNR Guide to Hunting and Trapping? What page?

Some people tell me that since they are two seperate seasons that I can take take one antlered deer per season before I have to take two antlerless.

Other people tell me that the bag limits are combined for all seasons and that I must now take two does before I take another buck.

Who is correct?

Maybe if you can't read the book you should not be caring a loaded gun

Region B: Deer Seasons & Bag Limits: Guide to Hunting & Trapping in Maryland 2008-2009

Each bag limit is per weapon season. You can kill buck during firearms season with out killing two does. But once you kill one buck and your two does you need to purchase a bonus buck stamp

Not sure and I am not advacating this but couldn't you just call in two does over the phone and be reset for your buck?

yeah, way to tell him to do something illegal

smibarines

Maybe if you can't read the book you should not be caring a loaded gun

I was simply asking a question - thought you would be able to help - wasn't looking for a smarta$$ response. I read the damn book and could not find it - maybe if you can't control your anger issues (or spell correctly), YOU should not be carrying a loaded gun.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
So - since I can't read and obviously YOU can - on which page EXACTLY does it say this???

I am not the all knowing person you quoted but here is what I found.

Bonus Antlered Deer Stamps
A Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp is required by all license holders to take a second antlered deer in Region B during a given season (bow, muzzleloader, or firearms). For example, a deer hunter must purchase a Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp before attempting to take a second antlered deer with a firearm in Region B. An individual who purchases a Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp but does not use it during a particular season may use that stamp during any subsequent season (muzzleloader, firearm, or bow season) in that hunting license year. Bonus Stamps are not required to take antlerless deer. Region B hunters are reminded that two antlerless deer must be taken (in a given season) before a second antlered deer can be taken during that season.

smibarines

Thank you AK and hunter - that is exactly what I read and how I interpreted it - I was basically looking for an unbiased second opinion just to be safe.

JJD - please crawl back into the hole in which you came out of.

Who is correct?
Did you take Hunter Safety? This should have been covered in it.

smibarines

Did you take Hunter Safety? This should have been covered in it.

Yes, I took the course. My life, however, does not revolve around memorizing the regulations of hunting whitetail in Maryland, so therefore, I came here for the answer and a second opinion. Sorry I asked now.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Your what is an instructor? :lol:

How do I find out more? Is it to late to take it? Seems Santa is bringing my son a gun :bawl:

woops My dad is an instructor

Let me make a phone call to see if there are anymore classes still going, your in Lusby (Calvert County)?