Question about whitetail bag limits

smibarines

Looks like he will have to wait until next year :ohwell:

Yes, but there is only a 2 day shotgun season after Christmas anyway. Most likely will be bone-chilling cold and not very enjoyable for a first hunt. He does not need a hunters ed course to just go out to the range though. I suggest that Santa bring him out there and show him the basics.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Yes, but there is only a 2 day shotgun season after Christmas anyway. Most likely will be bone-chilling cold and not very enjoyable for a first hunt. He does not need a hunters ed course to just go out to the range though. I suggest that Santa bring him out there and show him the basics.

I totally agree

smibarines

I think the first classes will be in June or July - just go to the site I gave earlier - should be updated again in March or April.

smibarines

See page 15 of the guide - his first license is free if he is under 16 and has his hunters education course certificate in hand.

HunterJJD

So - since I can't read and obviously YOU can - on which page EXACTLY does it say this???

Thank you AK and hunter - that is exactly what I read and how I interpreted it - I was basically looking for an unbiased second opinion just to be safe.

JJD - please crawl back into the hole in which you came out of.

HA HA got you bent out of shape:killingme

I posted the link so you would not have to get your game book out of the bathroom and I explained to you it is for each season

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

He has been out in the woods alot.. sitting in a stand during bow, shotgun and muzzleloader seasons. He has shot a shotgun for practice. He has never carried his own into the woods though.

He knows alot of the basics. I just want him to have the course. I would be even happier if he didn't have the gun at all :lol:

yankee44

He has been out in the woods alot.. sitting in a stand during bow, shotgun and muzzleloader seasons. He has shot a shotgun for practice. He has never carried his own into the woods though.

He knows alot of the basics. I just want him to have the course. I would be even happier if he didn't have the gun at all :lol:

Also if you are hunting your own land not only does he NOT neet a hunter safety course he does not need a licence.

Yes, I took the course. My life, however, does not revolve around memorizing the regulations of hunting whitetail in Maryland, so therefore, I came here for the answer and a second opinion. Sorry I asked now.
Look dipwad, I answered your question. Nicely. I made no derogatory comments about you or your intelligence. I simply asked if you had taken the course because I seem to recall they went over that stuff right at the beginning of the course when I took it (at Gwynn Park H.S.). But then I took the course back in 1981 or so, so I may be wrong. Don't get snippy with me because you do not have the common sense to understand that each season is unique unto itself.

smibarines

Look dipwad, I answered your question. Nicely. I made no derogatory comments about you or your intelligence. I simply asked if you had taken the course because I seem to recall they went over that stuff right at the beginning of the course when I took it (at Gwynn Park H.S.). But then I took the course back in 1981 or so, so I may be wrong. Don't get snippy with me because you do not have the common sense to understand that each season is unique unto itself.

Again, I'm sorry I even asked the question - didn't know people here would be so moody.

smibarines

Who is going to know? :shrug:

Page 17 in the guide (see I can read) - the note under the section entitled "Who may hunt without a license".

"NOTE: The Hunter Education and Safety Requirement applies to all individuals hunting in Maryland, even if they are exempt from the requirement to purchase a hunting license."

The only time you do not need the course when hunting in Maryland is when hunting under a Regulated Shooting Area Hunting License.

OR - if you had a hunting license (or hunted private land) in the state prior to 1977.

OR - if you puchase an out-of-state license and will only be hunting waterfowl.

yankee44

Page 17 in the guide (see I can read) - the note under the section entitled "Who may hunt without a license".

"NOTE: The Hunter Education and Safety Requirement applies to all individuals hunting in Maryland, even if they are exempt from the requirement to purchase a hunting license."

The only time you do not need the course when hunting in Maryland is when hunting under a Regulated Shooting Area Hunting License.

OR - if you had a hunting license (or hunted private land) in the state prior to 1977.

OR - if you puchase an out-of-state license and will only be hunting waterfowl.

I WILL REPEAT MY SELF.

WHO IS GOING TO KNOW????????????

smibarines

I WILL REPEAT MY SELF.

WHO IS GOING TO KNOW????????????

Look, theres a lot of things you can do and get away with but when all is said and done - if you do not follow the laws governing your PRIVILEDGE (it is not a RIGHT) to hunt, then you are no better than a poacher.

You might as well go spot-lighting deer at mid-night.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
I seem to recall they went over that stuff right at the beginning of the course when I took it (at Gwynn Park H.S.). But then I took the course back in 1981 or so, so I may be wrong.

Maybe it was in 1982? That is the year I took it at Gwynn Park!

Might of been classmates.

Maybe it was in 1982? That is the year I took it at Gwynn Park!

Might of been classmates.
Could have been. It was sometime prior to 1983. I think I started hunting with my father in either 5th or 6th grade. That would have been 1982 or 3. Lost my original card, and got a replacement back in '96. It has the re-issue date on it.

Class was in the woodshop.