Question for Married Folk w/ children NOT by your spouse...

lovinmaryland

Qurious said:
Which one of your friends has skeletons in his closet, got his ass beat and ended up in ICU at the Green Turtle? :popcorn:
Well if your kind would stay up there in waldorf shiat like that wouldn't happen in our neck of the woods now would it :popcorn:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Qurious said:
Which one of your friends has skeletons in his closet, got his ass beat and ended up in ICU at the Green Turtle? :popcorn:
I didn't know the Green Turtle had an ICU. I figured those were just at hospitals.

jenbengen

Watch it
Chasey_Lane said:
Um...yeah.

:yeahthat: Is your spouse just supposed to say nothing when your kid does wrong? I'd make sure the ex-spouse and my new spouse were in agreement on what punishments should be, but YES they should be able to take part in disciplining....in my opinion.

Qurious

Im On 1.
lovinmaryland said:
You know exactly what i am talking about there is no need for me to explain :kiss:

So the next time u want to call someone racist & prejudice, take your medication, look in the mirror and then kill yourself.

Cuz pots fight kettles to the death.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Qurious said:
So the next time u want to call someone racist & prejudice, take your medication, look in the mirror and then kill yourself.

Cuz pots fight kettles to the death.
I thought you said you had class?

A person with class doesn't tell someone else to kill themself

W

wkndbeacher

Qurious said:
Do you let him/her discipline your kids even though they aren't the biological parent? :popcorn:

Well I think if your kids are only use to you doing the punishments, then youd need to sit down with them and explain that in a relationship everything is 50/50 and that includes correcting children when it should be done. I know this will be in my future when I find someone so advise is also appreciate on how other posters dealt with this situation.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm not married and have no children, but I am going to answer anyway. Even when dating someone who has kids, pets, or senile parents, I am willing to discipline them, and I expect the same in return. I'd be the mean mommy and everybody would be grounded. No excuses. So in return, I do expect others to discipline my young'uns if I had any, and not just my spouse, but my friends and family as well. I get mad if people visit and encourage bad behavior in my dog. I expect discipline at all times. Rules must be obeyed. :ten-hut:

Seriously, my roommate was dating a guy with kids. Said kids came over every weekend. No discipline whatsoever by anybody. So I did it. Those children behaved for me and nobody else. Why? Cause I was the only one sat them down told them the rules and the punishment. I have never once yelled at a child, nor have I ever hit/smacked one. Being a disciplinarian doesn't mean being mean.

W

wkndbeacher

Question for Married Fo... 08-24-2007 02:08 PM Thought I'd return the red

Thanks for the red, whoever did that.

jaie

So happy!
Qurious said:
Do you let him/her discipline your kids even though they aren't the biological parent? :popcorn:
Yes. He doesn't hit my kid but he will take her TV away or send her to her room if need be.