Question from my Co-worker

fredsaid2

Sounds like Covekat has things under control. The horse owner shouldn't feel hesitant to post on this forum. There's always a little weeding to be done when sifting through the advice. Horsie people are an opinionated bunch! Everyone has had their toes stepped on sometime here. Tell her to jump in at some point. No one but you will even know who she is. Glad all is going well!

2baymares

covekat said:
I just wanted to let you all know that I went out and met this horse today... Lay your worries to rest, and dont lose sleep over this one...

She is not a first time horse owner.

She has a beautiful new barn, and nice board fencing, horse is happy and extremely healthy and well taken care of.

She will be getting the farrier out, and also the vet for vaccinations.

We worked on lunging and then I rode this mare... very well behaved, just needs a few reminder lessons...

All in all I think she made a great choice, and if I had been there when she looked at this mare I would have told her to buy her. (I was supposed to go with her that day and couldnt make it).

As far as the concerns about the tack... the saddle did not fit properly, so she is going to get another... but it is a nice saddle for the money... not every nice saddle has to cost hundreds of dollars!

I was very surprised to read some of the comments... I thought this was a place for people to help one another, not be rude and make hurtful remarks. Everyone at one time was a first or even second time horse owner, and has asked for help. It's really ashame she wont feel comfortable coming here for advice.

:howdy: covekat. I showed up towards the end of your ride on her horse. Like covekat said, No worries here. The mare is beautiful and well provided for.

I would hope no one would consider me whining if I asked for help.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
2baymares said:
:howdy: covekat. I showed up towards the end of your ride on her horse. Like covekat said, No worries here. The mare is beautiful and well provided for.

I would hope no one would consider me whining if I asked for help.

You are always asking for help and we have called you a whinner for years.. :huggy: