Rabbit

glhs837

Power with Control
Rabbit. Squirrel. Snapping turtle. Frog's legs. :yum:

Hell with turtles, too much effort per pound of meat, sort of like crab that way, you burn more damn calories than you get back out. Lobsters about right in the effort vs return ratio. Cornish hens and rabbits are okay, but I prefer my critters to be pre-cleaned:) Watching the survival instructor show you how to make a fishing bobber with the lungs might throw you off a tad.

toppick08

Hell with turtles, too much effort per pound of meat, sort of like crab that way, you burn more damn calories than you get back out. Lobsters about right in the effort vs return ratio. Cornish hens and rabbits are okay, but I prefer my critters to be pre-cleaned:) Watching the survival instructor show you how to make a fishing bobber with the lungs might throw you off a tad.

You need to grab hold of a 100 lb. snapper....much satisfaction in fight and in the belly...:yay:....

glhs837

Power with Control
I think the one I did with my ex father-in-law came in about 30-40lbs. Maybe he was doing it wrong, lord knows the man thought dumping oil change leaving behind the garage was okay:) But it was literally bloody work with with a variety of tools usually reserved for use on metal and wood. not worth the payoff:)

toppick08

I think the one I did with my ex father-in-law came in about 30-40lbs. Maybe he was doing it wrong, lord knows the man thought dumping oil change leaving behind the garage was okay:) But it was literally bloody work with with a variety of tools usually reserved for use on metal and wood. not worth the payoff:)

Oh well...30-40 lbs is a baseball bat hit....I'm talking river turtle...and 100 lb. is a small one....bring the shotgun....:howdy: It is a lot of work I do agree though....:yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, he coaxed its head out with a stick, and had me use a hatchet, which of course was dull. So I had to flip it around and get all "UGH SMASH" with the poor creature. I suspect he was trying to find the limits of the "city slicker" his daughter had brought home. Having come fresh from a slew of Navy survival schools, he wasnt gonna find mine:)

toppick08

Yeah, he coaxed its head out with a stick, and had me use a hatchet, which of course was dull. So I had to flip it around and get all "UGH SMASH" with the poor creature. I suspect he was trying to find the limits of the "city slicker" his daughter had brought home. Having come fresh from a slew of Navy survival schools, he wasnt gonna find mine:)

Touching......someone had to teach you how to survive..:killingme