Rabbit

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Well, you can cook rabbit just about any way that you cook chicken. It's a white meat and the tame rabbits are pretty tender (more so than wild rabbits from my experience). My favorite way to cook them is to fry it just like you would chicken. Season it up with a season salt, flour it (sometimes I dip it in egg first), and drop it in the pan. However, I've tried all different kinds of seasonings and broiled them, slow cooked them in a crockpot, lightly floured and seared them with a little oil then turn down the heat, add a bit of water, cover, and slow cook on the stove for about 45 minutes...etc If you want a bit more detail there a quite a few recipes on the net. Give it a try!

Everything is better fried!

I have tried fried rabbit..it's actually pretty tasty..though I wouldn't prepare it myself.I like bunnies :sad: Interestingly..fried squirrel isn't too bad either.

fry anything and I would probably try it. Except rocky mountain oysetrs. No way jose.

antwheat

I am the Decider!

I have tried fried rabbit..it's actually pretty tasty..though I wouldn't prepare it myself.I like bunnies :sad: Interestingly..fried squirrel isn't too bad either.

fry anything and I would probably try it. Except rocky mountain oysetrs. No way jose.

HA! I don't know very many people that would try Rocky Mountain oysters... As far as squirrel, I probably like it better than rabbit, matter of fact I had some fried squirrel yesterday for lunch. Since deer season is over (after today anyway) I decided to get even with all those squirrels that harassed me in my stand this last year! Harvested a couple on Saturday. :evil:

Vince

Put bunny in skillet, some red wine, onions, crushed red pepper as hot as you like it, and simmer. Mushrooms optional. :yum:

Oops, forgot the crushed tomatoes. :doh:

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I grew up in the boondocks regularly hunting and eating plenty of both. Pan fried or in stew was pretty much the way both got cooked; I cleaned what I shot but Mom cooked 'em up.

We ate a lot of rabbit..Mom was a crack shot with a .22 rifle and there were plenty of rabbit critters that had a usually-fatal encounter with the pea patch in her garden.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Got a guy not too far from me that has a sign in his yard....

"MUSKRAT MEAT FOR SALE"

If anyone wants some, I can pick ya up a couple pounds....YUM YUM

Vince

Put bunny in skillet, some red wine, onions, crushed red pepper as hot as you like it, and simmer. Mushrooms optional. :yum:

Oops, forgot the crushed tomatoes. :doh:
Used to do pheasant this way too. Haven't had any pheasant in years.