Rainy day dinner

Meatloaf, mashed 'tater and gravy, mac & cheese, corn bread, baked apples.

Thank you Cracker Barrel. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are all of you people retired !!??!?!
I got home from work and threw on some tuna-melts on hamburger buns w/ frozen french fries.
Who has time/energy/ambition to cook a gourmet meal on a week night !

Well nobody posts about the rush-crap meals, just the good ones. :lol:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight. :yum:

I made that last weekend, cooked half a Shopper's roasted chicken (we had the rest of it for dinner 2 nights before) in the crockpot all day with 1 1/2 qt broth, 1 c white wine, 1 c chopped mushrooms and 1/4 c dehydrated veggie mix. After I got home from work, strained the broth into a stockpot, deboned the carcass, discarded the skin, chopped the meat, added all the solids to the broth, brought it to a boil, let it simmer 1/2 hour and then added in egg noodles to cook.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I made that last weekend, cooked half a Shopper's roasted chicken (we had the rest of it for dinner 2 nights before) in the crockpot all day with 1 1/2 qt broth, 1 c white wine, 1 c chopped mushrooms and 1/4 c dehydrated veggie mix. After I got home from work, strained the broth into a stockpot, deboned the carcass, discarded the skin, chopped the meat, added all the solids to the broth, brought it to a boil, let it simmer 1/2 hour and then added in egg noodles to cook.

This is made from a leftover rotisserie herbed chicken I got from BJs a few days ago. Throw the carcass including the "jelly" from the bag in a pot, cover with water, add chopped celery, carrots, and onions, season with herbs and spices (whatever you have on hand), and simmer for an hour or so. Fish out the chicken, remove bones, and put back in pot. Bring back to a boil, add noodles, and cook until tender. Easy peasy but so good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonight we went to Sonny's BBQ because I was desperate for salad bar after I saw their sign when I was at Ulta.

littlelady

God bless the USA

That is a really good way to use up a rotisserie chick. I always make chick salad. Thanks! Oh, and yeah, Daisy gets some of it that accidentally falls on the floor. :lol:

black dog

Free America
Tonight we went to Sonny's BBQ because I was desperate for salad bar after I saw their sign when I was at Ulta.

How was the salad bar. When traveling the intercoastal we are always looking for something different.. That's why I mentioned Garden & Gun magazine...they do great hole in the wall to well known local eatery places all over the south..
Iwe have had some in####ingcredable meals over the years from reading about the chef in that magazine..now I want Shrimp & Grits....

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I stopped at Smoky Joe's for a pit beef sandwich on the way to work and got a pulled pork sandwich to go for my snack.

Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.

That's excellent news! :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How was the salad bar.

Adequate. They use fake-on bits instead of real bacon and only offer iceberg mix for lettuce but that's their only true sin. The only reason we ever go to Sonny's is because I want salad bar and it's a chain and sure thing. You're not missing anything.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I know it's not as fancy as some of the dishes that have been mentioned here but tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are always good on a rainy day.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:yay:

I'm thinking of making it for this weekend. It's supposed to be colder.

I am not a big fan of chili but yours is delicious and one I actually had seconds on. People fought to take the leftovers home. :lol: